Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Why I REFUSE to deposit in 2012.

Old
Why I REFUSE to deposit in 2012. - Wed Jan 04, 2012, 06:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
This is not a bad beat, its the worst I have ever had. Period. No point in spending $$$ to have this happen over and over and over again.

I am sticking with Freerolls, which this was, and if I never play for $$ again, so be it, but at least I cannot lose what I don't put in.

Absolutely insane.

Peace

Deaner

Old
sh1t happens skinny - Wed Jan 04, 2012, 06:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
thats poker mate i could tell u i'v personelly flopped full houses at least 3 times 2 be rivered by bigger full houses i'm new and was previously ruined by bingo idiot hell ZYNGA and thanks 2 poker school i'm starting 2 realise getting them in on the flopp can be very self distructive 2 your chips if u got the nuts go right ahead but a str8 on a draw happy board like that with hearts and and stupid russians calling with 10 2 off and hitting a 9 on the river or turn makes life not very happy 4 u man in short good poker comes with patience bad beats get a lot worse than that mate

Last edited by PiTsRuS; Wed Jan 04, 2012 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 07:04 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Dean,

Where as I'll agree this was a bad beat its surly not the worst you have suffered just the worst you remember.

the reason I say this is because you do not have the nuts on the flop, If one of the other 3 players has 9 10 they beat you.

On the flop (when you got your money in.) you are a 77% favorite, but of course this means you will lose the hand one time in four.

Yes it is a poor call on the flop for Kd8c unless you consider he has no idea what cards you have and just flopped top pair with a good kicker.

K.I.V. could just as easily be saying why is it my flush never comes in??
Grade b

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 07:49 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinyButPhat View Post
This is not a bad beat, its the worst I have ever had. Period. No point in spending $$$ to have this happen over and over and over again.

I am sticking with Freerolls, which this was, and if I never play for $$ again, so be it, but at least I cannot lose what I don't put in.

Absolutely insane.

Peace

Deaner
sry u went wi a crap hand nail the flop , i done that as well was told bt a certain guy 2 give up , 95 cracked correct play only for stars to say we have a cunning plan ,n tag dont fit it gl all all the best

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 07:59 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Man how I wish I had the choice to never deposit again....

Oh, and when it comes to bad beats I've seen much worse. If that is your worst bad beat, then you are either lucky or haven't played much.

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 08:52 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by whu1895 View Post
sry u went wi a crap hand nail the flop , i done that as well was told bt a certain guy 2 give up , 95 cracked correct play only for stars to say we have a cunning plan ,n tag dont fit it gl all all the best

What in the devil's name are you on about? He didn't go with a crap hand,it was frigging limped around to his big blind.

Or are you actually suggesting that he should pass on shipping his last 4 BB's AFTER he flops a straight? Because that's actually funnier to be honest.

Jeezy McCreezy.

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 09:08 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
What in the devil's name are you on about? He didn't go with a crap hand,it was frigging limped around to his big blind.

Or are you actually suggesting that he should pass on shipping his last 4 BB's AFTER he flops a straight? Because that's actually funnier to be honest.

Jeezy McCreezy.
thats wat im sayin limp he nail that flop , 2 fkn morons that r only playin there own hand call , i mean c,mon take em on at ur own risk ,the im 2 scared 2 raise but ill call it any way players ,thats wats killin me at this point they no u have monster but they go anyway i dont get it n im sure as hell evry 1 knows wat im on about ,ie,been there , bought t shirt ,n got screwed , lags rule tags screwed , ty stars

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 09:15 PM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2007
My God people, this is a freeroll, people who have never played poker will call with anything. How would they know if you have a monster or not? They only play the hand in front of them nothing else!

Come on guys, if you really want to learn how to play poker successfully, this mindset has to be put in the biggest rubbish bin you can find. Otherwise, none of us will ever progress, beyond the freerolls!!!!

Cheers,

TC

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 10:12 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
My God people, this is a freeroll, people who have never played poker will call with anything. How would they know if you have a monster or not? They only play the hand in front of them nothing else!

Come on guys, if you really want to learn how to play poker successfully, this mindset has to be put in the biggest rubbish bin you can find. Otherwise, none of us will ever progress, beyond the freerolls!!!!

Cheers,

TC
ok advised peeps aboot this school only 2 b called a donk , so leave it there im away 2 bed back on saturday ,gl all take care bye

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 10:30 PM
(#10)
ChromeStar
I have no clue what WHU is going on about !!! I was the BB dude. So by saying I went in with a crap hand, my other option then was to just fold it. Are you insane?

The problem I have with just shoving with 95 preflop is that I am TRYING to gain points for the Open League. At 1900, I am apt to gain about 8 points. If I see the flop, then fold, I am probably good for at least another 100 positions by using my clock and possibly pick up another hand in the process. ( i was 82nd this morning and finished 185th in November)

Should I lose the mentality of trying to go as deep as humanly possible when its a points based system on final position? No. Getting to 1441 at least was the goal.

WHU saying I should just shove is exactly the type of player that I am up against. A fish who calls any two cards, anytime, anywhere with no regards to anything.

Yes its a Freeroll, and yes it means nothing to YOU. But it does to me. Criticize me, judge me, call me a whiner, call me stupid, call me a novice, call me whatever you want. This hand was a pisser no matter how you look at it. To have that hand beaten by three cards that perfectly suited my opponent is frustrating.

I will continue to play the Open and try to finish top 50. But to do that, it means I have to have some caution as early outs decrease my score. I was running well until two tourneys today, but I will finish top 100. Book it. And out of 20,000 -50,000 players that aint so bad.

My point about not depositing? It is more palatable to lose Pokerstars money than it is my own when the majority of LOW stakes poker is similar to Freerolls. So, why lose my own money to the Donk Army when I can lose someone elses???

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 10:31 PM
(#11)
I am glad that you are coming back on Saturday Whu.

Ask those that are calling you a donk to produce the results to prove otherwise. I am a big time losing player, but I have not made a deposit in a year thanks to this site, I have a reasonable bankroll, that continues to grow, if I follow the guidelines given on the site for each format

Each format and level requires a different style of play to be successful! I am not a winning player because a lot of the time I think I can skip up a few levels and then I end up losing money.

The reason I do not progress as much as I would like is because firstly my skill advantage is not high enough to be overly profitable and then I think well I can move up without actually learning how I should play to be profitable. Get successful and profitable at the level your bankroll can sustain and then you can move up to the higher levels and apply the more advanced concepts and strategies.

It is not rocket science and this is what the site is trying to teach it's members.

It is a pretty good deal as far as I can see

Cheers,

TC

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 11:02 PM
(#12)
Since: Dec 2011
I hate freerolls too. a LOTTERY.

You are much better off to accumulate loads of Play Money, and play at high stakes play money in my opinion.

Then, when you are feeling good, start with a realistic bankroll, and go from there. Micro SNG.

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 11:20 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinyButPhat View Post

My point about not depositing? It is more palatable to lose Pokerstars money than it is my own when the majority of LOW stakes poker is similar to Freerolls. So, why lose my own money to the Donk Army when I can lose someone elses???
Once money is in your account, it's yours. no one elses... Just sayin'

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 01:39 PM
(#14)
Since: Sep 2010
Isn't this thread like a giant slap in the face to PSO's higher-ups? They give a Line-Up package to someone and that person follows up with a 'I will NEVER deposit because... *insert banal poker rant here*'.

Nothing against anyone in this thread, but it sort of offends me when people slander Stars or the game itself because they lost one ridiculously standard hand (and since poker isn't rigged, they're all standard). I and tons of other players have put innumerable hours into getting good at the game, and when people say stuff like this, it's like yet another person saying that it's all just one big lottery and we're just the lucky ones. That's just me though.

But yeah, it was well played, and it was a bad beat.

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 02:16 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Isn't this thread like a giant slap in the face to PSO's higher-ups? They give a Line-Up package to someone and that person follows up with a 'I will NEVER deposit because... *insert banal poker rant here*'.

Nothing against anyone in this thread, but it sort of offends me when people slander Stars or the game itself because they lost one ridiculously standard hand (and since poker isn't rigged, they're all standard). I and tons of other players have put innumerable hours into getting good at the game, and when people say stuff like this, it's like yet another person saying that it's all just one big lottery and we're just the lucky ones. That's just me though..
Clap, clap, clap!
These bb threads(99% anyway) just make me chuckle to myself a lil.... If you've never had your set over set rivered by a 1 outer, suck it the eff up, and move on for cryin'out loud!
(btw thats happened to me more than a couple of times)and been on the other side of it once. but it was standard for me to shove, it was standards for them to call. this is poker folks!
Make good descisions, and let the cards fall where they may.

Sorry bad day at work.. Cry on bad beaters..lol

Last edited by mtnestegg; Thu Jan 05, 2012 at 02:36 PM..

Old
Where do I find these Formats? - Thu Jan 05, 2012, 02:19 PM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
I am glad that you are coming back on Saturday Whu.

Ask those that are calling you a donk to produce the results to prove otherwise. I am a big time losing player, but I have not made a deposit in a year thanks to this site, I have a reasonable bankroll, that continues to grow, if I follow the guidelines given on the site for each format

Each format and level requires a different style of play to be successful! I am not a winning player because a lot of the time I think I can skip up a few levels and then I end up losing money.

The reason I do not progress as much as I would like is because firstly my skill advantage is not high enough to be overly profitable and then I think well I can move up without actually learning how I should play to be profitable. Get successful and profitable at the level your bankroll can sustain and then you can move up to the higher levels and apply the more advanced concepts and strategies.

It is not rocket science and this is what the site is trying to teach it's members.

It is a pretty good deal as far as I can see

Cheers,

TC
"Appreciation is wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."
- Voltaire -

Maybe I have not looked hard enough. I would love to find these guidelines. So far, when searching the forum I find other people complaining that they cannot find them either. The Core Course did not go into too much depth. Up to now I have just been winging it. Please tell.

I have never made a deposit, although it is tempting. So far I have taken winnings from freerolls, and played them on micro-stakes tables. I started with less than $3 earned from the PSO league and the weekly round 2 of the astronomer freeroll tournaments. Then I played fixed limit hold'em $0.02/$0.04 until I doubled up. Fixed limit bores me, but the math is easy. I find it difficult to cash at the NL $0.02 Sit & Go, but I find the $0.25 45 and 90 player sit & go easier. Right now my tiny bankroll is at the point where I can afford to lose 70 $0.25 sit & go games before I go bust. When do I level up? What is that next level? What is the best use of my 6 FPPs? Can anyone answer these questions for me?

I started learning poker about six months ago, and started playing with real money two weeks ago. I have passed all PSO courses and believe that my skill level is now intermediate. I have also watched many of the videos that I am allowed to access. My goal, of course, is to one day win the WCOOP, give all the prize money away, and then do it over again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Tonk Shuffle; Thu Jan 05, 2012 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 02:44 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk Shuffle View Post
"Appreciation is wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."
- Voltaire -

Maybe I have not looked hard enough. I would love to find these guidelines. So far, when searching the forum I find other people complaining that they cannot find them either. The Core Course did not go into too much depth. Up to now I have just been winging it. Please tell.

I have never made a deposit, although it is tempting. So far I have taken winnings from freerolls, and played them on micro-stakes tables. I started with less than $3 earned from the PSO league and the weekly round 2 of the astronomer freeroll tournaments. Then I played fixed limit hold'em $0.02/$0.04 until I doubled up. Fixed limit bores me, but the math is easy. I find it difficult to cash at the NL $0.02 Sit & Go, but I find the $0.25 45 and 90 player sit & go easier. Right now my tiny bankroll is at the point where I can afford to lose 70 $0.25 sit & go games before I go bust. When do I level up? What is that next level? What is the best use of my 6 FPPs? Can anyone answer these questions for me?

I started learning poker about six months ago, and started playing with real money two weeks ago. I have passed all PSO courses and believe that my skill level is now intermediate. I have also watched many of the videos that I am allowed to access. My goal, of course, is to one day win the WCOOP, give all the prize money away, and then do it over again.

ooppppppp its no saturday but wat the hell , sounds to me that ur doin just fine , i my self am aruond the 70 buy in for 25 sng as well ,always up and down wi the br ,i want to go higher level play on stars but at the risk of busting i would not b able 2 reload so its just simple math ie dont go nuts ,play within ur limits untill u can smash said limits ,then with good br management start next level,i aint no great player theres bettr out there that could give u more advice than i could ,so stick to the basics and gl all the best

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 03:22 PM
(#18)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk Shuffle View Post
- Voltaire -

Nice post Tonk,welcome aboard.

I'm going to work up something for you that may help you as to your questions. Check your PM box later,will try to shoot it to you today/tonight.

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 03:27 PM
(#19)
Hey Tonk Shuffle,

Having completed all the courses you have a good solid base: in addition to that you have the live training, the videos and the library. There is a massive amount of information in the library and if you search the forums you can find loads of information from members that have contributed down the years.

If you attend the live trainings, Dave, Ahar, Cowboy, and Flixx will provide the approach and guidelines that they use in their game and in the different formats. If you go through the video archives you will find info on every facet of poker and it will assist in developing your game, the langolier's videos have been a great boon to my game.

The big hurdle I find is that even though I know exactly what I should be doing, I just go ahead and do the opposite LOL.

My advice for what it is worth: Do the Cowboy challenge here to start growing your bankroll. 19honu62 will be better placed to advice you when to move up levels but you certainly need a big enough bankroll that when you take a shot at a higher level that you will not go bust and can move back down and rebuild your bankroll.

The real judge of whether you are an intermediate player or not will be your results; now I know they say not to be results orientated in poker but that is about decision making, results and increasing your bankroll is the only valid indicator that you are an improving and winning player.

I hope that helps

Cheers,

TC

Old
Delete Thread Please ! - Thu Jan 05, 2012, 04:18 PM
(#20)
ChromeStar
Like I said, you can say whatever you want about me, no skin off my back.

Did PSO award me a prize? Yep. Did I follow the guidelines, write blogs, link to social media, and earn the prize? Yep. Were there other worthy candidates, yes. Some have won after me like Joy and Sand. Some before like Effsea and Grade B.

You make it sound like I am being ungrateful for having won, and nothing is further from the truth. I have sent numerous emails to Support and MOD`s thanking them, I have promoted the site endlessly, I changed my avatar to PSO so I CAN promote the site as well by special request. I have had friends join, and have helped increase the volume of Blogs on the site, that I guarantee. If you look, a lot of blogs up right now are models of ones I did. People used my structure after I won to write their MOTW applications. My poker impact and knowledge sharing is small, but PSO did not suffer from giving me the prize, nor have i slapped them in the face by saying I wont deposit.

How am I slandering Pokerstars? Where did I use the word rigged? I didn't. Maybe it is someonelse you are referring to in the thread and not me, because those words never came off the tips of my fingers onto the page.

I try to be a helpful person in here, I am very supportive, 80% of my posts are positive, I think I am a nice guy all around, but yes, I am getting frustrated by MY inability to get beyond these low ranks and move into a place where maybe, just maybe, people might play poker, instead of bingo. However, the reality is, this will not happen anytime soon, so I will continue FreeRolling and microstaking, and will suffer the beats and losses that come with it.

My choice not to deposit is mine. You don`t agree , fine. Its an individual choice for people to deposit money to hopefully earn enough to cash out one day. If not, why deposit. I see that there is a small small chance that depositing $50.00 will ever let me cashout, so instead I will try to earn money another way ( Weeklies, PSO Open, and yes, my MOTW win, which I made just over 62.00, I know totally pathetic)

At least this way, I won`t feel as bad if I lose or suffer what in my mind is a bad beat even if it isn`t what others define as one, right..........

I love PSO and what if offers, and loved it BEFORE i won MOTW, and will love it even if every response about me in threads is a cut-up, insult, back handed comment or insinuation that I am something I know not to be true. You take my own anger of my play to be insulting towards you. Nothing is further from the truth.

When I am logged in , I rail anyone I can find from PSO, although I cannot comment. I railed Marvin last night, rail Grade b tonnes, and have you all listed on my search so I can watch you play because I RESPECT how much better you all are than me......

Peace

Deaner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com