Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.50 STT, resteal attempt

Old
$1.50 STT, resteal attempt - Wed Jan 04, 2012, 09:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
1st hand at 50/100 blind levels, I tried to resteal without much of a read apart from assuming he knows some strategy from previous bets and bet sizing

Button has 10/8/3.0AF stats from 119 hands
BB has 24/7/2.7AF stats from 48 hands

Should I wait next time in this sort of situation?

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 09:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
4X raise from the BU, I am waiting for a better spot, KJo is way too weak of a holding here, even without the HUD stats.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 10:13 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
4X raise from the BU, I am waiting for a better spot, KJo is way too weak of a holding here, even without the HUD stats.

Cheers,

TC
I see. I would normally, first time I've tried to resteal without a very big hand, I'm definitely tilting now and gambling after going $20 down playing these in the last 40 games. I was winning after the first 20 or so games and that gave me too much confidence.

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 10:23 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
you have to remember that the 1.50 STT's are the lowest levels so in most cases you are probably going fairly standard play. People are going to find it hard to fold once they have raised (even if they are stealing)

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 11:34 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Resteal here is not good because you have no fold equity. Villain gets about 2.5-to-1 on a call, which means if he was stealing with 52o, he should be making a pot odds call. When you consider restealing in this spot, you should recognize that this guy very likely entered this hand knowing he was going to call off a reshove from you, and adjusted his range accordingly. You need a value hand to raise here, and you don't have that.

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 11:41 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
you can't steal

button is 10/8 meaning he's a solid Tag not much of a stealer

and he bets 4BB's and you only got 10BB even though he's weak he will still call you because you only got 10BB's. He will not just give away his 4BB to a reraise of 10BB.

he bets 4BB instead of the regular 2.5BB or 3BB meaning he got a hand.

and you don't have a resteal option with 10bb's

imo i think 15BB have the resteal option but with 10BB you just have the steal option but not the resteal option.

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 12:48 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
We cannot make this move here because we are ahead of so few hands. Let's consider what his BU steal range is. If we follow the Spacegravy charts it is any pair and A9s+ - AK+ and so we are ahead of none of that! Okay let's say he is wider than this or can we? He has raised 4x or 30% of the BB stack and is essentially saying " I have a hand that I am willing to call off a reshove with" and this is precisely what happens.
Now let's look at ICM. His open BU play says he should be shoving ( open / calling off a re jam) with this range
BU 36.0%, 22+ Ax+ K3s+ KTo+ Q6s+ QTo+ J7s+ J9o+ T7s+ T9o 97s+ 86s+ 76s
and sb can only call off
SB 11.5%, 55+ A7s+ A9o+ KQs and
BB 5.9%, 88+ AJs+ AQo+

We don't know if he is always raising with AQ + but as we see from ICM calcs we can't call this off! These are purely mathematical numbers and regardless of reads we are in an all in stack spot so we have to be stronger to call off than to open/shove!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com