Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

25c 45ppl sng conclusion

Old
Default
25c 45ppl sng conclusion - Thu Jan 05, 2012, 06:44 AM
(#1)
holdemace486's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,760
hi all ,ok where to start,of late ive been playing 45 ppl sng for 25c with a wopping 3 doller first price. they last for approx 3hrs,so approx 1 doller a hr if u win about 60p uk money.right ok ere it is my conclusion if you sit there play tag poker with no tilt you may make the final table.i have streaks of winning a prize 3 in a row themn perhaps losing five to no run off cards getiting blinded out or bad beats.so all in all ive sat there for practically a week to stay even.
this looks like the run of these and no way i can ever see making a profit of any type on these tourneys,a complete waste of time and effort in my opinion.
im starting to see online poker in a different way and to be honest seriously thinking off quiting poker all together as all it seems to be is win a few lose a few stay even,and off cause if you tilt you get nailed off.the only way i can ever see making any money on ere is to reload massive,sit on a cash table,wait for the aces and send it in and cross my fingers.
and b4 any one says it i can play poker i play live at casino and its never this bad,cant find any consistancy.even if i dont tilt.
so thats my thoughts on it,stuff the br management wat i have im going to chuck away on the cash tables,i say chuck away because thats technically what ive done for years ,i know i play well and can stay even but can never get ahead,mtts are the best bet in my opinion because wel l if its your day the prizes are worth playing for,i ,really have had enough of grinding for hours to well the 1000s of beats i have had over time.and for what to stay even so pointless,so thats my opinion on stgs 45 ppl or infact most of the tourneys on ere or cash games thinking about it.you can say what ever because i dont care any more and this is probably my last post,
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 08:23 AM
(#2)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,225
BronzeStar
It won't be your last post. And I can't see anything else worth commenting on.
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 06:40 PM
(#3)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
I'm gonna miss him...
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 11:07 PM
(#4)
zZ.Ma$kin.Zz's Avatar
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
I'm gonna miss him...
+1

p.s. & my post

p.p.s. TOS 1 zZ.Ma$kin.Zz 0

Last edited by zZ.Ma$kin.Zz; Thu Jan 05, 2012 at 11:09 PM..
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 09:22 AM
(#5)
RockerguyAA's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,089
BronzeStar
Well if this is holdemace's last thread for real... which I doubt... I'll just go ahead and finally say it.

YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING. You have been mislead by TV, Lady Luck, and your own misconceptions.

None of that matters though. You are clearly not enjoying yourself at the tables. Better you go do something with your time you will enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDW0Z...eature=related

Last edited by RockerguyAA; Fri Jan 06, 2012 at 09:24 AM..
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 10:59 AM
(#6)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
Well if this is holdemace's last thread for real... which I doubt... I'll just go ahead and finally say it.

YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING. You have been mislead by TV, Lady Luck, and your own misconceptions.

None of that matters though. You are clearly not enjoying yourself at the tables. Better you go do something with your time you will enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDW0Z...eature=related
like I said last week, and got bashed for...lol JUST QUIT
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 11:22 AM
(#7)
Grade b's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
hi all ,ok where to start,of late ive been playing 45 ppl sng for 25c with a wopping 3 doller first price. they last for approx 3hrs,so approx 1 doller a hr if u win about 60p uk money.right ok ere it is my conclusion if you sit there play tag poker with no tilt you may make the final table.i have streaks of winning a prize 3 in a row themn perhaps losing five to no run off cards getiting blinded out or bad beats.so all in all ive sat there for practically a week to stay even.
this looks like the run of these and no way i can ever see making a profit of any type on these tourneys,a complete waste of time and effort in my opinion.
im starting to see online poker in a different way and to be honest seriously thinking off quiting poker all together as all it seems to be is win a few lose a few stay even,and off cause if you tilt you get nailed off.the only way i can ever see making any money on ere is to reload massive,sit on a cash table,wait for the aces and send it in and cross my fingers.
and b4 any one says it i can play poker i play live at casino and its never this bad,cant find any consistancy.even if i dont tilt.
so thats my thoughts on it,stuff the br management wat i have im going to chuck away on the cash tables,i say chuck away because thats technically what ive done for years ,i know i play well and can stay even but can never get ahead,mtts are the best bet in my opinion because wel l if its your day the prizes are worth playing for,i ,really have had enough of grinding for hours to well the 1000s of beats i have had over time.and for what to stay even so pointless,so thats my opinion on stgs 45 ppl or infact most of the tourneys on ere or cash games thinking about it.you can say what ever because i dont care any more and this is probably my last post,
For what it's worth your thinking is slightly off here.

Its not 3 bucks so 1 buck an hour that is only relevant if we are professionals. What it is is nearly 13 buy-ins. If you are paying well and double your initial $5 dollar buy in you can move up and try the next level, and so on building a bank roll as you go.

If you look in the challanges section you will see one of the trainers here is doing a similar thing with $15 STT's and he started at the 25 cent level last year.

Hope you take some time to reflect

Grade b


I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 11:59 AM
(#8)
whu1895's Avatar
Since: Apr 2011
Posts: 110
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
hi all ,ok where to start,of late ive been playing 45 ppl sng for 25c with a wopping 3 doller first price. they last for approx 3hrs,so approx 1 doller a hr if u win about 60p uk money.right ok ere it is my conclusion if you sit there play tag poker with no tilt you may make the final table.i have streaks of winning a prize 3 in a row themn perhaps losing five to no run off cards getiting blinded out or bad beats.so all in all ive sat there for practically a week to stay even.
this looks like the run of these and no way i can ever see making a profit of any type on these tourneys,a complete waste of time and effort in my opinion.
im starting to see online poker in a different way and to be honest seriously thinking off quiting poker all together as all it seems to be is win a few lose a few stay even,and off cause if you tilt you get nailed off.the only way i can ever see making any money on ere is to reload massive,sit on a cash table,wait for the aces and send it in and cross my fingers.
and b4 any one says it i can play poker i play live at casino and its never this bad,cant find any consistancy.even if i dont tilt.
so thats my thoughts on it,stuff the br management wat i have im going to chuck away on the cash tables,i say chuck away because thats technically what ive done for years ,i know i play well and can stay even but can never get ahead,mtts are the best bet in my opinion because wel l if its your day the prizes are worth playing for,i ,really have had enough of grinding for hours to well the 1000s of beats i have had over time.and for what to stay even so pointless,so thats my opinion on stgs 45 ppl or infact most of the tourneys on ere or cash games thinking about it.you can say what ever because i dont care any more and this is probably my last post,
ok im a reg at this level , 2 tournys yesterday 1 3rd 1 4th , u have to take into fact that *****rs r gonna b there ,plus there r regs at this level that wait on the lag 2 smash em , i just done a entire week of training ,dave ,felixx, honu , i put it all in 2 these 2 tournys n lo n behold itm ,without the things i seen in these ie take on a lag wi crap then price em out ,always remember its u that plays ur hand ,no 1 else , i have folded big hans sumtimes wrong mostly rite , but ive been playin this level for 2 years ,n i know the regs , fish r welcome but beware , we want u there , so gl all the best dont give up , get there in the end , gl
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 04:03 PM
(#9)
RockerguyAA's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,089
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
like I said last week, and got bashed for...lol JUST QUIT
I must have missed it. I decided about a week ago I was just going to ignore his threads entirely. Couldn't help myself when I my mouse scrolled over the thread title and I saw him saying this was his last post.

Just quit indeed. It is good advice considering holdemace is obviously being mentally tortured by the game. Anyone bashing you must not actually be reading anything holdemace posts(which I don't blame them it is very difficult to decipher)....
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 04:16 PM
(#10)
m.bisland's Avatar
Since: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,260
BronzeStar
This is for the month december 2011

ArchFish........Prizes.........Profit........ROI.. .........ABI...........AFS.........R/A..........ITM......................ITM
........................$852...........$297....... .54%.........$0.26........98...........0%.......58 6/2148.............27%

This guy plays $0.25 games every night playing tag poker he makes this kind off profit often. Its people like u that make it achievable for him.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 04:24 PM
(#11)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
I must have missed it. I decided about a week ago I was just going to ignore his threads entirely. Couldn't help myself when I my mouse scrolled over the thread title and I saw him saying this was his last post.

Just quit indeed. It is good advice considering holdemace is obviously being mentally tortured by the game. Anyone bashing you must not actually be reading anything holdemace posts(which I don't blame them it is very difficult to decipher)....
actually it was rather light bashing lol but what you said is basically what I said in my post
 
Old
Default
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 05:46 AM
(#12)
Feskprins's Avatar
Since: May 2011
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
hi all ,ok where to start,of late ive been playing 45 ppl sng for 25c with a wopping 3 doller first price. they last for approx 3hrs,so approx 1 doller a hr if u win about 60p uk money.right ok ere it is my conclusion if you sit there play tag poker with no tilt you may make the final table.i have streaks of winning a prize 3 in a row themn perhaps losing five to no run off cards getiting blinded out or bad beats.so all in all ive sat there for practically a week to stay even.
this looks like the run of these and no way i can ever see making a profit of any type on these tourneys,a complete waste of time and effort in my opinion.
im starting to see online poker in a different way and to be honest seriously thinking off quiting poker all together as all it seems to be is win a few lose a few stay even,and off cause if you tilt you get nailed off.the only way i can ever see making any money on ere is to reload massive,sit on a cash table,wait for the aces and send it in and cross my fingers.
and b4 any one says it i can play poker i play live at casino and its never this bad,cant find any consistancy.even if i dont tilt.
so thats my thoughts on it,stuff the br management wat i have im going to chuck away on the cash tables,i say chuck away because thats technically what ive done for years ,i know i play well and can stay even but can never get ahead,mtts are the best bet in my opinion because wel l if its your day the prizes are worth playing for,i ,really have had enough of grinding for hours to well the 1000s of beats i have had over time.and for what to stay even so pointless,so thats my opinion on stgs 45 ppl or infact most of the tourneys on ere or cash games thinking about it.you can say what ever because i dont care any more and this is probably my last post,
Even though it's kinda hard to read your text it's pretty obvious to me that you lack the skill to play profitable poker. To reload a massive amount and then wait for aces and shove all-in sounds like a huge waste. I have never deposited a single cent to any poker site. I worked my way up from absolute zero, and I'm sure lots of players here have done the same. Sure, playing 25-cent SnGs isn't something you can make a living off of, but it's a good bankroll builder if you're good enough to beat them.

Stop being results oriented and work on your game and you'll see a huge difference. Two months ago, I lost more than a full stack (~$108) with aces against 92o. Did I flip out and quit poker? Nope, I moved on to the next hand (in which I got a royal flush and won $48 ). It was frustrating, but I know I made the right play. Analyzing your game is how you improve, not by ranting about bad beats on $0.25 tournaments.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com