*** RIVER *** [9h 3s 2d 9c] [7s]
DiveAllIn: bets $2.40
FadeTheSpade: raises $5.60 to $8
DiveAllIn Call or Fold???

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 10:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
with no reads on this guy, to answer your question...neither im shoving over him all day long. A vast majority of the time his line is air or trips. I want to get paid by those trips... If he sucked out an overboat so be it NH to him.

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 10:38 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I hear a lot of people ask themselves, "What am I beating?" when they find themselves in a tricky spot. Here, I think the appropriate question is, "What am I losing to?" I thnk you're putting the villain on too strong a range if you're considering folding. I would have gone all-in before the river if it was me, but I still think you're beating enough to get the money in there.

So... What mtn said.

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 12:31 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Without any information on the villain I would probably c/r the turn for value very often. After raising flop and betting turn I think the chances of him bluffing are slim and raising here might get some more value than continuing OOP without initiative.

The problem with calling turn without info on villains bluffing/thin valuebetting tendencies is gonna be making more money on the river OOP without initiative since villain might checkback marginal showdown hands or folding to your leadbet with all his bluffs (or even jam his bluffs which would put you in a tough spot like this one^^).

As played I would still call river because I am at the very top of my range, lacking infos on his ranges and he might be taking this line for value with 9x.

- Felix

Live Trainer

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 01:14 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
ty for all feedback

Old
River Boat Call - Sun Jan 08, 2012, 05:32 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiveAllIn View Post
No reads on opponent seemed to be regualar multi-tabling
Let me preface my analysis by making two statements:
A) I’m not a ‘cash player’ (HEM doesn’t work with play money cash games - US player -).
B) I’m going to start to play ‘cash games’ because all my favorite analyzers are in this section.

I thought if you’re opening the hand, you should open stronger (3X) in 6 max cash.

As played, when villain ‘clicks back’ a flop raise, it could be for value, or a bluff (need more info at this point).

Villains small turn bet, is also vague; is he scared of the turned 9, or does he have a monster. Or is he just trying to get hero to fold the hand, if hero missed completely.

When he raises (3/4 pot) over our river donk , I feel it’s mostly for value than bluff, but our hand can beat some of his value bets. Otherwise he is just calling down with some over pairs, getting 3:1.

What made hands might villain hold that would follow this line?
A9s; J9s-97s; 99; 33 – The rest of his pairs, and air he’s turning into a bluff (small %). I’m eliminating JJ+ and AK from his range, he would have 3bet PF. Small chance villain slow played AA, and AK, looking to induce a squeeze play.

There are enough combinations of hands hero is beating, as well as bluffs, too make this call. I’m calling!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com