Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

TheLangolier Training: Feedback, FAQ, and Discussion Thread

Old
TheLangolier Training: Feedback, FAQ, and Discussion Thread - Thu Jan 05, 2012, 01:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

I'm going to start a dedicated thread here for discussion of my live trainings. I'll update this thread with topic announcements, and any feedback etc you might have can go here. If you'd like to submit hand histories to me for analysis during Live Training, please email them to me in .txt format along with any necessary background info to Dave@mypokerschoolonline.com

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 01:05 PM
(#2)
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

My new series for January starts tonight: Blind Play Series #1: Defending the Blinds

This will be a 4 part series run during the month on Thursdays that includes both defending and attacking the blinds as topics.

I have chosen the 6 max cash format for this series as play around the blinds comes up most often in this format, but the concepts discussed will apply to other formats as well, so this is truly a series fit for all.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 01:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Good stuff dave.. Will there be VPP requirements for this? So I and other americans (or other VPPless PSOers) know.. Thnx, MT

PS. the sunday tourney was a blast! I had a great time even if I did have to leave early for family commitments. One of these a mo. or so would be awesome...

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 01:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
seconded

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 01:54 PM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2011
Hi Dave..

I did the tourney one, $1.10 ...but you seemed to only be on my table towards the end of the session.

Can you please get your act together !

Very much enjoyed, and I will be back for more. The one tonight is around 11.30 pm, so a little late, but if any lessons catch my time zone, I will do some.

Many thanks

Richard

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 04:25 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
Good stuff dave.. Will there be VPP requirements for this? So I and other americans (or other VPPless PSOers) know.. Thnx, MT
The Blind Play Series will have no VPP restriction

Quote:
PS. the sunday tourney was a blast! I had a great time even if I did have to leave early for family commitments. One of these a mo. or so would be awesome...
Thanks, it won't be every month but we will definitely have more of the Home Games Sunday Specials in the future.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 04:28 PM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselBasher View Post
Hi Dave..

I did the tourney one, $1.10 ...but you seemed to only be on my table towards the end of the session.

Can you please get your act together !

Very much enjoyed, and I will be back for more. The one tonight is around 11.30 pm, so a little late, but if any lessons catch my time zone, I will do some.

Many thanks

Richard
Thanks, glad you had a great time at the Sunday Special Home Games too.

I know the late slot during the week is very late for some, but if you're able it's worth it.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 04:41 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I know the late slot during the week is very late for some, but if you're able it's worth it.
Dave
yeah, if i'm lucky i get 2 hours sleep after, if you could schedule them just a little bit earlier (like 2 hours earlier) that would be great.

i just need too much vitamin drink to stay awake that long.

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 08:22 PM
(#9)
(Head Trainer)
Sorry Django, it's not possible.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 02:51 AM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

Just a reminder that the latest member review: Sunday Million feat. Django66 - Part 2 is on tap for Monday at 21:00 ET. Hope to see you there.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 01:00 PM
(#11)
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

The latest member review is starting tonight: $1.50 90-man feat. PSO Member RandomJeff. Hope to see you there!

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 12, 2012, 11:58 AM
(#12)
(Head Trainer)
Hi All,

Part 2 of my new series on blind play is on tap for today, in this segment the focus will be on defending from the small blind position. Click on the link to register for Defending the Blinds - SB Position

This will be a 4 part series run during the month on Thursdays that includes both defending and attacking the blinds as topics. NOTE: This series is not VPP restricted!

I have chosen the 6 max cash format for this series as play around the blinds comes up most often in this format, but the concepts discussed will apply to other formats as well, so this is truly a series fit for all.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 12:46 AM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

I'll be taking the early slot on Monday for my Member Review class: Sunday Million feat. Django66 Part 3... it's at 15:00 ET.

Hope to see you there!

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 18, 2012, 01:16 PM
(#14)
(Head Trainer)
Just a reminder that my class today in the 20:00 ET slot is a member review of PSO member RandomJeff playing in a $1.50 90-man KO. This is part 2 so we'll pick it up in the middle of the tournament. The class registration page is here, registration opens at 18:00 ET.

Hope to see you there!

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 18, 2012, 07:48 PM
(#15)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Just a reminder that my class today in the 20:00 ET slot is a member review of PSO member RandomJeff playing in a $1.50 90-man KO. This is part 2 so we'll pick it up in the middle of the tournament. The class registration page is here, registration opens at 18:00 ET.

Hope to see you there!

Dave
Class starts in 12 minutes!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 19, 2012, 05:26 PM
(#16)
(Head Trainer)
FYI - In tonght's 3rd installment of my Blind Play Series (no vpp restriction) we'll be looking at attacking the blinds from the button and cut off positions. The REGISTRATION PAGE IS HERE

Hope to see you all there.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 20, 2012, 10:22 AM
(#17)
Since: Apr 2010
Hi Dave

Sorry I missed it , had a few PC issues
Is it available in your archives?
Gonna look after posting

cheers spike

Old
Fri Jan 20, 2012, 12:56 PM
(#18)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike8998 View Post
Hi Dave

Sorry I missed it , had a few PC issues
Is it available in your archives?
Gonna look after posting

cheers spike
Not yet, but eventually yes, that is the plan.

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 20, 2012, 02:45 PM
(#19)
Since: Apr 2010
Thanks Dave

Old
Sun Jan 22, 2012, 12:56 PM
(#20)
(Head Trainer)
In today's Sunday Special (starting in a bit over 2 hours), we will be railing the pros during their Sunday grind on PS... come join me to chat poker, rail some pro action, and have a great time during your own Sunday grind!

>>Register Here!<<

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com