Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

what game should I play?

Old
what game should I play? - Thu Jan 05, 2012, 02:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Hy! I play poker mostly for fun but i try to make some money with it. Currently i make 28$ profit. My bankroll now is about 48$. I don' wan't to reload. I play SNG's NL 1,50$ knockout and result was quiet good. Now i play cash game limit holdem 0,02$/0,04$ and every day i make a small build up. I just want advices how to manage that i which games should I play?

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 03:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi becar1989! Welcome to the forum.

Here are the guidelines that I try to stick to (others will use different numbers, but these are what I stick to)

MTT: no tourney more than 1/100th of my bankroll.
For you currently, that would put you in the 25 cent to 50 cent range

cash tables: nothing where the max buy-in is over 1/25th of my bankroll
For your bankroll currently, I'd play tables where I could buy-in for $2. I always try to buy-into a table for the max amount too.

S&G: no tourney more than 1/50th of my bankroll
For your bankroll currently, $1 tourneys.

I do this to account for any variance runs that will eventually happen to me. The other thing you want to do is that if you're doing well at a given type of tourney or level of a cash table, keep with them as you build your bankroll, but be ready to go to a lower amount if your bankroll starts to go down, due to a variance swing.

Also, here is a link that was put together for new members to help explain the various items you can take advantage of on the site.

Good luck at the tables

John

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Thu Jan 05, 2012 at 03:42 PM..

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 11:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by becar1989 View Post
Hy! I play poker mostly for fun but i try to make some money with it. Currently i make 28$ profit. My bankroll now is about 48$. I don' wan't to reload. I play SNG's NL 1,50$ knockout and result was quiet good. Now i play cash game limit holdem 0,02$/0,04$ and every day i make a small build up. I just want advices how to manage that i which games should I play?

My noobish advice is to stay on limit holdem(if we are talking about fixed limit(didn't try pot limit) ),while I was on fixed limit I always had a profit,slowly but surely and there is too much loose players. Since I switched to NL2 I firstly gone into minus and keep going deeper and deeper and now I'm on around -40$ since I am on NL...If you are doing good on FL don't get greedy,just stay where you are!...Playing TAG on FL
Good luck!

Last edited by Urosh92; Mon Nov 05, 2012 at 01:11 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com