Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

i dont know why i keep folding AK to a reraise-$3.3R($40k)

Old
Default
i dont know why i keep folding AK to a reraise-$3.3R($40k) - Thu Jan 05, 2012, 04:18 PM
(#1)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
rebuy ended

i always seem to fold my AK pre to a reraise

is this a leak

but this is a SB raise so he might not be bluffing here i always remember my lessons very well

great teacher said-you need to respect the raise of the SB than the BB

i cant call and i dont like to risk my tournament life here because im confident that i can chip up with a little risk

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 04:24 PM
(#2)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
shove and pray or get a HUD and see how many times this guy has done this to you, if he is doingit a lot he has a read on you
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 04:33 PM
(#3)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
shove and pray or get a HUD and see how many times this guy has done this to you, if he is doingit a lot he has a read on you
1st time i saw this guy

but probably i will pray and shove the next time i will commit my self w AK no more folding AK from now on im done folding ak pre
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 05:30 PM
(#4)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
my question is it ok to get busted when you have AK
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 05:31 PM
(#5)
Django66's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post
my question is it ok to get busted when you have AK
what else do you want to bust with ?
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 05:39 PM
(#6)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django66 View Post
what else do you want to bust with ?
good question Sir, if i got 10-15BB im ready to put it in but with 20BB i just dont want to gamble too much beause i have so much confidence on my post flop play. I think I can still chip up as long as I have 20BB's with lesser risks.

i dont know if this is a leak or not

let's have some advice from our great teachers
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 05:41 PM
(#7)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
yes, unless you know for sure they only do that with AA, KK
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 05:45 PM
(#8)
Django66's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post
i dont know if this is a leak or not
i shove that in a millisecond unless the sb is a 3/2 over 200 hands with zero squeeze and i don't consider that to be a leak bwtfdik

(exaggerating, but you know what i mean )

Last edited by Django66; Thu Jan 05, 2012 at 05:47 PM..
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 05:46 PM
(#9)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
yes, unless you know for sure they only do that with AA, KK
im not sure,

so i guess it's flipping time
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 06:50 PM
(#10)
mtnestegg's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,336
think about this for a sec marvin.... there are really only two hands you would hate to see when holding AK. thats AA or KK and you have blockers to both those hands (only 3 ways to make either sinse you hold 1 of each rank) also did you know you are 62% to hit one of your cards if you see all five board cards as long as your op doesn't hold one? that doesn't mean you'll winn every time you hit one of them, but thats why your only barely a dog to any underpair. and you dominate any unpaired unders or lesser aces.. just a lil food for thought....

Last edited by mtnestegg; Thu Jan 05, 2012 at 06:57 PM..
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 06:59 PM
(#11)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
think about this for a sec marvin.... there are really only two hands you would hate to see when holding AK. thats AA or KK and you have blockers to both those hands (only 3 ways to make either sinse you hold 1 of each rank) also did you know you are 62% to hit one of your cards if you see all five board cards as long as your op doesn't hold one? that doesn't mean you'll winn every time you hit one of them, but thats why your only barely a dog to any underpair. and you dominate any unpaired unders or lesser aces.. just a lil food for thought....
i think this input makes me want to go all out war with AK

tnx

yes, that's it i will go flipping anytime with AK
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 07:01 PM
(#12)
Django66's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post
i think this input makes me want to go all out war with AK

tnx

then again,

AQ in the sb always gets there, of course!

 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 07:06 PM
(#13)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django66 View Post
then again,

AQ in the sb always gets there, of course!

if that happened

all i can say is

nh sir
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 07:40 PM
(#14)
mtnestegg's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,336
i'm pretty sure there are cap game videos(20 bb cash games) that can give you an idea of how to play a 20 bb stack.
now mind you these are cash games so play differs slightly in that u can just reload after a loss, but you might get a few pointers you can concider on this stack size. gl out there
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 02:58 AM
(#15)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,510
(Head Trainer)
Hi Marvin,

Personally I am not raise/folding AK on a 23 bb stack, I'm quite happy to go with it even against a pretty tight range. Not to mention that you have enough chips to maybe fold him out of certain hands by 4b jamming (ok not likely, but you never know what the opponent is going to do).

Dave


Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner



 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com