Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Where are our teachers?

Old
Where are our teachers? - Thu Jan 05, 2012, 10:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Just wondering where are our Great Teachers in the hand analysis section?

it's been hours since our Great teachers analyze a hand.

Just curious, this is new

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 11:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
we're now not allowed to reply to them for a given period of time, also can't be first to reply to any that aren't assigned to us.

Sorry, doing the best I can.... If I could respond sooner to them, I would and so would the others.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 11:08 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
huh? so they allocate who gets to answer? lol

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 11:09 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
we're now not allowed to reply to them for a given period of time, also can't be first to reply to any that aren't assigned to us.

Sorry, doing the best I can.... If I could respond sooner to them, I would and so would the others.
just want to know how long will it take?

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 11:31 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
if it's one assigned to me...... a number of hours.

Anything else, a day (or after someone else answers first..... whenever that is).

After it's there a day, I can post to them..... I think

Believe me, I won't forget about them and will reply when I can.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 05, 2012, 11:35 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
huh? so they allocate who gets to answer? lol

JW told me to look at his response in the Tank Roomik and I lol'ed because I thought it was a level.

But...nooooooooooooo.

Pokerstars-find the in you.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 12:08 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
I could go to 2+2, post a hand, and get a good response in 10 minutes. I can understand why this new rule has been implemented given what I've read in a certain member's pm's to me lately, but it's ridiculous. The reason we have hand analyzers is so that they can... watch forums patiently? Huh?

I can't believe we're having our members' posting rights restricted specifically in cases where they want to help other members.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 12:14 AM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2011
EGYPTIAN PROVERBS (wisdom's in Thumbnail)
Thee greatest teacher is your self !
All Thee Best
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EGYPTIAN PROVERBS.jpg (97.6 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Fri Jan 06, 2012 at 04:00 AM..

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 03:32 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Ummmm.. Hi. Kinda-ish long-term member, mostly-reasonable-though-sometimes-knee-jerk-WTF IS THIS ALL ABOUT??

I'm astounded that some BS like this is something you would put in place while you're "re-organizing and making the forum better for us all(thanks for your patience)"

Hey, PSO staff people that are actually in charge of things... WAKE THE EFF UP. You're just about to blow it for everyone. One more thing along these lines, and this ship is going to sail without anyone on-board.

I don't know who is dictating to PSO-Staff(oh, hey, where did he go? and did anyone ever figure out his name???) Seriously, this isn't the type of community(the thing you claim to be trying to build) that you can jump into, fling things around, and then do something like prevent hands from being analyzed by your own hand analyzers. YOU WILL DESTROY what you are trying to build with this type of shizz.

Other members have been trying to tell you for months. I've personally been staying on the sideline... Your "improvements" to the forums are absolutely terrible. And, no, I will not wait another couple of months for you to finish them so I can decide whether or not they serve this community better.

This new forum format roll-out was a disaster. Admit it.

Any forum change you make in the next few weeks is just sweeping up what you already broke.

Look, I love the idea of PSO, and I have much love(awww) and respect for many of the members, but I think that the new company dictates are driving this thing way down the tube, real quick.

PSO "employees," what do you want from this "site," "community," "business," "job," "etc.."

PSO members, what do you want? Expect?

hicc-the-eff-up.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 07:17 AM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2010
I'm really not quite sure what the new policy is, if it has been announced or communicated in any way I missed it. But then I didn't know what the old policy was, or even if there was one.

So I certainly would not consider this an 'improvement' and I'm not sure it was needed.

- HOWEVER -

When I request my own hands to be analysed I am far more concerned with the quality, clarity and depth of that analysis than the speed at which I receive it. These are hands I have already played - that are probably slightly difficult or unusual spots and I doubt I will urgently need to know what to do in that specific situation again within the same session I am involved in.

So for me the speed of response is not the most critical aspect.

I also read lots of other peoples posted hands, and occasionally give my own 'peer' thoughts and opinions - which admittedly are often bunk but will quickly get debunked (and often derided) by the more experienced non-PSO staff who regularly contribute in this forum. The PSO-staff hand analysers will always (in my experience) discuss the original post and comment on any aspects brought up by the other forum users who have replied.

I don't think this will change too much either.

So as far as I can tell we still have the same quality hand analysers we had before, and I am very grateful to have their insight and experience to call on. I trust these guys to give their best advice for me to consider and act on as I see fit. It might be a little delayed, but I can handle that. I'm still trawling through hands from months back in any case, looking for interesting facets that I have not considered as I have been oblivious to a lot of considerations that I would have missed in my own play.

We'll have to see how it goes, so I reserve judgement, but really I don't see this as a major concern.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 09:33 AM
(#11)
Since: Dec 2010
Well played last night ED - was'nt been rude got a chat ban for a week m8. So gg B
Hope u got 5pts. B

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 10:17 AM
(#12)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
I'm kinda lost as to the logic of this...also well aware that sometimes logic has little to do with a lot of things....

That being said, I have learned so much from reading the hand analysis of other's hands as well as my own.

As the analysis will still be happening with the same folks doing it (and I have no control over it anyway) I guess it will be OK.

Just one more change to digest and move on from

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 11:18 AM
(#13)
LOL........there's no logic when it comes to PSO forum

They want to attract traffic to this forum, but are doing the opposite
They really should look at 2+2 and take notes
You've got mods who are willing to do what's logic, but then SUPER mods say otherwise or PSO STAFF dictates illogical rules.
Dictating who should respond to what, dictating where threads should be, what's next?
Did someone say dictatorship?

We haven't see PSO staff lately (not mods) commenting on all the forum problems, why?

It's a daily ritual for me to come here and read up on hands analysis, how people are doing with challenges or goals, new learning articles, videos and promotions. This forum needs better organization.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 12:05 PM
(#14)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
and since when does PSO ever rush for anything??? Must I remind that these are the same people that it has taken them 3-5 days to update standings, 3 days to update blogs, or how about the banner at bottom right here, "10th Ann. Sunday Million"...2+ weeks ago...

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Fri Jan 06, 2012 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 01:39 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
and since when does PSO ever rush for anything??? Must I remind that these are the same people that it has taken them 3-5 days to update standings, 3 days to update blogs, or how about the banner at bottom right here, "10th Ann. Sunday Million"...2+ weeks ago...

While all that may be true Stake when it came to the HA section JDean and JWK damn near tripped over each other in their willingness and capability to dispense good,solid analysis to queries in a very timely fashion. Oriholic and Lang weren't exactly AWOL on this either. At least before this nonsensical yoke was placed on all of them.

The two single most educational sections of the Forum (at least those that EVERYONE can access as the video vault is now segregated by who has what VPP's and who doesn't),Hand Analysis and Bankroll Management,let's examine what these splendiferous "improvements" have done to the Forum...

Hand Analysis: The analyzers are now told which hands they can respond to and which they can't and when. Simply stunning. What's next Stars? Are peeps going to have to ship money or have a requisite amount of VPP's to have their hand analyzed? Is that what this is leading up to?

Bankroll Management section: Simply no longer exists. Instead it's lumped in with everything else in the Poker Education and Beginners Questions section. So we can no longer have a stand alone BR Management section,as we can't be cluttering up the new and "improved" Forum as that would take up valuable space that is needed for the much more important Promo spams and the VIP Club (completely essential given the dearth of poor,wayward micro grinding Platinum Stars and better who have nowhere else to go...). What's the new and "improved" Forum without a little more status segregation after all?

And Trap is 100% correct. Where is anyone to tell us why these things are being done,or to answer our questions? Nowhere.

Want to be told to embrace your 'inner LAG" so you can donk off your BR in that all-important pursuit of VPP's? Effing-A got THAT base covered junior. The empty,meaningless "just be patient" posts (and no I'm NOT blaming you MODS for posting them,just following orders as to what you can and can't say I'm sure...)? Check-a-rooni. The promo spams telling us about great new tourneys to replace ones that were already popular (love the idea of a KO tourney,LMAO. Well that should help the suckers...er,customers...find their "inner LAG" more easily )? Yeah they nailed that one to.

So I just want to say congratulations to Stars for taking the SINGLE BEST THING GOING in on-line poker (and despite your best efforts it STILL is,at least for now) and effing it up for no good reason.

Or is there?

Hey Jocko,what's the silvery sound of merriment I hear in the distance?

"It's US Buster!!!"

CHA-CHING!!!

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 01:54 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
hee hee

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 10:55 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Please no one repeat this and "Moxie like a pimple on my shoulder, jokes." good stupid suggestion that nuff nuff management might just enjoy. Thanks. Help destroy the crux of this place some more why don't you. Really!!! we all have the same feelings but saying such things, as quoted above, in forums is why we no longer have lesser rake, the proposed addition to vpp's change. If they, nuff nuffs will take something away and they surely can add something as unreasonable as your hypothetical. If what you did catch fire who knows where it would go, so best not say it at all.

Look to be honest, for my good and bad posts I've been learning as a new member. And as a new member finding my tongue is a good thing because it has been invaluable for growing in my poker. Secondly, as a new member, "to nuff nuf management" and I put it that way with sincerity, there is to many unstable changes. That is a negative and loosing my support as well as that of your long standing members. Ok...

This above paragraph is the core issue and is something that needs to be corrected, adding in some feedback forums on proposed suggested changes that are allowed forum comments by the members. Also allowing your own staff, i guess who are not paid to much for the immeasurable work they do, to have a opinion beside the member or alternatively behind closed doors.

The pso team mods are basically your middle management and not only the most closely connected with the Pso members, have feedback and rapport with the members, who moderate the forums, but also have great foresight and worthy opinions.

It is not enough you allow disgruntled customers after the fact and blaze on with out regards to the comments. I/we acknowledge Too2coo, position stated as this will all be considered, but it's really got to be avoided, and not happen next over and over where we waste our time to rebut, work out and argue who stupidly current changes are when we should have been spending time on Ps and in the more worthy forums and watching vids etc. You want to encourage pso as a forum but don't use it as a forum your self, how rude and nuff nuff.

That is why you are loosing the battle and as many stated pulling the foundations apart. Get real, and yeah more rubbish more affecting the members negatively, and even your supporters will wain in their beliefs.
Unfortunately as a US player I'm incapable of transferring money at the moment,otherwise I would send you a quarter so you could buy a frigging clue.

You want to quote me at least have the common sense or decency to not quote me out of context clown.

I'm NOT a Mod jigjig,so unlike Honu if you want to start with me I don't have to sit on my hands.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 11:26 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
New set up:

Players discuss and then the mods step in with what they think is the best play.

Prior:
Players post get answer and move on.

Problem with the old set up is new players do not get involved with the discussion besides saying "+1" or "Agree with Jdean"!
Sure discussion breaks out time to time but it is rarely started by newer players.
Have to remember that we are trying to encourage new members to participate.

Its a positive step and something I have discussed in the past.
You guys are looking into it like mods are not allowed to post at all and this is not the case.
So end of the day get in the forum and start discussing or its yourselves to blame.

Old
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 12:01 AM
(#19)
Quote:
New set up:

Players discuss and then the mods step in with what they think is the best play.

Prior:

Problem with the old set up is new players do not get involved with the discussion besides saying "+1" or "Agree with Jdean"!
Sure discussion breaks out time to time but it is rarely started by newer players.

You guys are looking into it like mods are not allowed to post at all and this is not the case.
So end of the day get in the forum and start discussing or its yourselves to blame.
Meh,maybe cookies,maybe. I hope it works that way,but I'm skeptical. What I think is more likely is newer player responds,Analyzer sees it another way,peeps join with Analyzer and new player goes turtle on ever responding again. With the extra kicker that it sours them on ever even going to the HA section again. Yeah,all of that could have happened the old way,maybe did even,but I don't think it was a section that really needed to be torn down and redone myself. Guess we'll just have to disagree on that. Good take on the subject though,got me thinking on my position for sure.

Old
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 12:07 AM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
New set up:

Prior:

I'm with the Cookie Monster on this one, if they want member discussion of hands then let's give them what they want. Different opinions promote discussion, and that's good for everyone.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com