Since: Sep 2010
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...e-our-teachers

+1 to above post, btw.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 03:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Hey guys, the idea behind this new policy is to foster analysis among members. We're supposed to wait for y'all to start up a discussion and then later provide our insight or help the discussion along. It's meant to make this less of an "ask the experts" forum, where some expert simply provides you with the answer, and more of a group of colleagues having at it. After all, with the many different styles, there may be multiple ways to go about a situation. Plus who's to say any of the team is really better than you?

So that's it. It's not for us to wait 24 hours and have the questions unanswered, it's for us to allow you to do your own thinking and analysis before we come in and take the opportunity from you, often drying up the discussion.

At least that's the impression I'm under.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 05:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I'm not gone completely, you can still see hand anlaysis by me in the Cash game forum and Limit hold 'em sections. Those are my newly "assigned" areas.

I was doing hand analysis for almost a year without getting paid, and doing it because I felt I was giving something back to PSO after receiving so much from PSO myself. I joined the mod team with this thought firmly in my mind, that it was a place I want to contribute to, and by being a mod I could better do that. Any cash remuneration was just a nice side benefit.

Normally in such circumstances, if I received cash for something I'd gladly do for free, as soon as that thing I was doing STOPPED being fun, I would quit being paid and go back to doing what I was doing to restore the fun.

As it stands now, I LIKE the small amount of cash I am receiving for the forum work I do; that small amount allows me to play live poker again, when I'd currently have no other option. Since I do not want to give up that source of "plus cash", my only choice is to accept any rules that are given me. I am NOT the "boss" of my own actions, and if I choose to accept pay, I must listen to those who are paying me.

From my point of view though, the new rules have taken away much of the fun I had in posting on the hand analysis forum. If the fun is gone for me as a member, then the only incentive I have is to do my JOB as an employee. I will continue to do that to the absolute BEST of my ability, because that is what I am paid for, and I want to be paid.

I will not, however, act as a "member" when I do not derive any fun from doing that any more...

Simple as that.

What IS within my own control is how I view this forum, and my experience here.

Could I "voluntarily" post in a forum outside my assigned area, and receive no pay for it; sure I COULD...

But I no longer see myself as a member of PSO, who just happens to have a slightly higher standard of conduct to uphold, but rather as a pure "employee".

As a representative of PSO, I will not do anything to risk presenting PSO in a negative light by posting things which may give mis-information anywhere outside of my assigned "area of expertise". This is why I cannot, in good conscience as an employee of PSO, post on any hand analysis forums except those within my assigned area(s) (Limit HE and NL Cash games).

I simply cannot put my position at risk by giving what might be sub-standard information, and which may or may not have been part of the root cause for the changes in how hand analysis is being administered.

So as much as I'd LIKE to post outside of my area of expertise, I simply cannot...doing so is not really "value added" for PSO.

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JDean; Fri Jan 06, 2012 at 05:35 AM..

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 09:55 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
Wow... Truely sorry to hear that JD.... You'll be missed as a peer very much. Your expertise has helped innumerable members in ALL areas of the forum that you posted in.
congrats btw on being able to play again. I know things were tight and its great u can get out again.
to me, it just kinda feels like I (we) had an internal organ removed w/ no anesthetic, with some of these changes being generated from above.
All the best to you though sir. You deserve much more than than your getting for all you have done, being a part of this place..

@ori "plus, whos to say any of the team is really better than you?"
That's a good one! Thnx man! Made me chuckle a lil while reading this depressing thread...

sad day,, MT

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 10:50 AM
(#5)
JD, I am sad to hear that you no longer feel like a member here. You have been a massive help to me, and many others.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 10:56 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaxwell View Post
JD, I am sad to hear that you no longer feel like a member here. You have been a massive help to me, and many others.
yup agreed

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 12:49 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

If 30 peeps tell PSO to alienate everyone, they'll do it.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 01:01 PM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Hey guys, I hope that every one's who is a hand analyzer is ok. I am just mentioning it since I have noticed that the hands are unable to be answered as easily as before with many hands going unanswered. Ok, if something has happened then lets hope it works it self out soon.

It's not a big deal not having them answered with such immediacy as before of course, but it is just a comfortable zone seeing and knowing that you post a hand and return to view your post in like an hour and see it was already replied to. This means the information you remember, if needed for better assistance, could still be provided.
Seems to be a disconnect now with the fluidity of this forum and just hope if isn't a kink that can't be worked out.

You guy's put in hard work and effort and it has been paying off.
Get well soon if someone is not well or worse.

( WE: will miss you Jdean. I am sure all really respect your replies and efforts in tournament hand analysis which has been a very valuable contribution from you to all involved.)

I'mJigJig.
tryed 2 use hand replat thingymabob, my com says no ,but then again its older than most folks on this site ,

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 01:15 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

If 30 peeps tell PSO to alienate everyone, they'll do it.
They didn't wait for 30 peeps, I think they've already done it. IMO this is a sad day for PSO, while I can understand wanting to encourage more member input, I don't think this is the right way to go about it.

There have been many threads in the past that have fostered lively discussions on the best strategy for a particular situation, a lot of them when 2 or 3 of the hand analysis group have differing opinions. I personally read every single post to hand analysis, and have been doing this since I became a member.

Maybe this is an opportunity for us as members to start replying to these posts before the official analyzers. Anyone else care to join me??

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 01:29 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
They didn't wait for 30 peeps, I think they've already done it. IMO this is a sad day for PSO, while I can understand wanting to encourage more member input, I don't think this is the right way to go about it.

There have been many threads in the past that have fostered lively discussions on the best strategy for a particular situation, a lot of them when 2 or 3 of the hand analysis group have differing opinions. I personally read every single post to hand analysis, and have been doing this since I became a member.

Maybe this is an opportunity for us as members to start replying to these posts before the official analyzers. Anyone else care to join me??

luv 2

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 01:38 PM
(#11)
Quote:

I might post a time or two...

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 02:11 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Hiya all

We would like to have more members involved in the HA discussions and what not, so this was the direction that things went in.

As of this time we will be reviewing the changes and going from there, Very sorry for any Inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 02:23 PM
(#13)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:

Agreed! Nothing stimulates thinking like intelligent debate!
I hope this change does not end this.

Old
Your NLHE will surely be missed - Fri Jan 06, 2012, 02:32 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
I'm not gone completely, you can still see hand anlaysis by me in the Cash game forum and Limit hold 'em sections. Those are my newly "assigned" areas.
Your NLHE tournament hand analysis will surely be missed. I recently joined the forum faithfuls, and immediately found your depth of knowledge and full-scale analysis, as a serious stepping-stone to playing better poker! I looked forward to searching down and reading your replies.

Unfortunately HEM doesn’t keep track of ‘play money’ cash games, so it takes an important tool anyway from me – the ‘review’! I’ve been playing a lot of NLHE tourneys, I started with MTT’s, now to SNG’s. Recently, I found a new passion, 6 Max SNG; the games are shorter and more aggression filled. Also with 6 Max, you get to HU more often; that allows me to practice that part of the game as well.

As a US player I can’t participate in a lot of the perks of PSO. I miss the informative ‘Live Trainings’, but it seems like the majority of it is now reserved only for players that gamble on the site. I would if I could, but alas, it’s not allowed. It would be nice, and in good faith (we will be future customers – if the laws allow) for PS to offer some kind of program to let US players earn the points needed to join these ‘live training’ sessions – call them USPP’s. OOPS… off topic.

I will still check out your cash analysis, but it’s not going to help my tourney game as much (apples/oranges).

Thanks for all the helpful insights!

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 02:43 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_spadez1 View Post
Your NLHE tournament hand analysis will surely be missed. I recently joined the forum faithfuls, and immediately found your depth of knowledge and full-scale analysis, as a serious stepping-stone to playing better poker! I looked forward to searching down and reading your replies.

Unfortunately HEM doesn’t keep track of ‘play money’ cash games, so it takes an important tool anyway from me – the ‘review’! I’ve been playing a lot of NLHE tourneys, I started with MTT’s, now to SNG’s. Recently, I found a new passion, 6 Max SNG; the games are shorter and more aggression filled. Also with 6 Max, you get to HU more often; that allows me to practice that part of the game as well.

As a US player I can’t participate in a lot of the perks of PSO. I miss the informative ‘Live Trainings’, but it seems like the majority of it is now reserved only for players that gamble on the site. I would if I could, but alas, it’s not allowed. It would be nice, and in good faith (we will be future customers – if the laws allow) for PS to offer some kind of program to let US players earn the points needed to join these ‘live training’ sessions – call them USPP’s. OOPS… off topic.

I will still check out your cash analysis, but it’s not going to help my tourney game as much (apples/oranges).

Thanks for all the helpful insights!
would welcome america back in a heart beat , on ft i had a few folk that always gave me good solid advice ,so gl wi that america , c u soon , all the best , yeah i know spellins terrible sry

Old
Good Idea! - Fri Jan 06, 2012, 02:56 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO2COO View Post
Hiya all

We would like to have more members involved in the HA discussions and what not, so this was the direction that things went in.

As of this time we will be reviewing the changes and going from there, Very sorry for any Inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C
I think this is a great idea! Lots of people don't like change, but let's be honest, you don't need to get a reply in an hour - you’re not waiting for the reply to make your move! The moderator’s reply is good for future plays of similar hands. I personally like to see many different views from different moderators. I've seen some alternate analysis of the same hand that has changed the way I might play certain hands.

Personally, I'm willing to step-up with an analysis, and I'm glad that I have time to get it in BEFORE the moderators give their review of the hand; this way they might include where my thought process was off. Recently I've had some agree with my breakdown, but not my final decision; that's fine, it helps me view my game play from another perspective.

Thank you PSO for giving us access to such a valuable 'tool' as the analysis forum!

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 03:07 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
I simply cannot put my position at risk by giving what might be sub-standard information, and which may or may not have been part of the root cause for the changes in how hand analysis is being administered.
If you're giving substandard advice, JDean, then you should be removed from a position of authority as a hand reviewer. Simple as that. I think most PSO'ers would agree that you shouldn't be removed because you don't give substandard advice, but this point is one of the things that disgusts me about this new change. I do think complaints about you were part of the reason these changes were brought about, and not only was PSO's solution completely misaligned with the actual problem, I think that there was no actual substantiation that the problem was much of a problem to begin with, because I can only remember seeing one person complain, while dozens have had the opposite response to your posts.

I think that encouraging debate among non-hand-analyzers is a great thing, and having the reviewers specialize in one section is great as well, but imposing restrictions rather than giving suggestions really does seem very heavy-handed.

And for what it's worth, JDean's posts were the ones that initially helped me to become as good a player as I am today. He and TheLangolier both had very great advice for me when I started sixteen months ago, and since then, I think I've become a pretty good hand reviewer myself.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 03:08 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_spadez1 View Post
I think this is a great idea! Lots of people don't like change, but let's be honest, you don't need to get a reply in an hour - you’re not waiting for the reply to make your move! The moderator’s reply is good for future plays of similar hands. I personally like to see many different views from different moderators. I've seen some alternate analysis of the same hand that has changed the way I might play certain hands.

Personally, I'm willing to step-up with an analysis, and I'm glad that I have time to get it in BEFORE the moderators give their review of the hand; this way they might include where my thought process was off. Recently I've had some agree with my breakdown, but not my final decision; that's fine, it helps me view my game play from another perspective.

Thank you PSO for giving us access to such a valuable 'tool' as the analysis forum!
pso rocks , with out i would still no nout , would like to advise but then again ,i just advise the basic rule ,no when u r beat ,if they bet it 9 out o 10 times ,they got it ,gl all take care

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com