Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

How do I opt out of the "premier" league?

Old
How do I opt out of the "premier" league? - Fri Jan 06, 2012, 08:25 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
This league is an absolute joke, some of the players in it are absolutely horrible and the cards just run with them. I was expecting a challenge yes, but against good players, not shove monkeys and lucksacks who play and re-raise with bad hands out of position then hit the river to bust you.

Calling it a premier skill league is completely mis-advertising this league. Rename it to premier "sack" league, or premier "donk" league and you'll have something that is closer to reality.

I want out of this league, and do not want to be able to qualify for it again. I had more fun in the open league.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 08:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hello.

I am sorry you feel as you do, but it is everyone's right to play as they choose so long as they play within Poker Stars' terms of service.

At the current time there is no way to "opt out" of the Premier league, except by not playing it. There is no mechanism to dis-qualify yourself for that league once you've qualified, and relegate yourself back to the open league.

If you fail to meet scoring requirements for the Premier league by not playing 5 games, you will fail to maintain eligibility for that league. This will automatically relegate you back to open league play, but if you place high enough in the Open league, you will once again be moved to the Premier league (provided you meet the vpp requirements).

In the future these rules could change, but at the present time they are listed here: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/league

Thank you.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JDean; Fri Jan 06, 2012 at 08:56 AM..

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 08:45 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
There are a lot of very good players in the premier league if you take the time to play enough tournaments, avoiding the shove monkeys and luck sacks should be done just as you would in the Open Skill League.

If you don't want to play in the Premier League all you have to do is not play any more tourneys in it and make sure you finish worse than 800th place.

Staying out of the PL is simple, don't get 20 VPPs this or any other month.

Personally I would prefer to play in the Premier League and I hope you give it another try, it will only improve your overall game.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 09:11 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
some of the players in it are absolutely horrible and the cards just run with them.
Lesson on tilt, variance and bad beats.
On the league you get all the above for free, and that also almost the case in small stakes tourneys.
Happens but in less frequency on higher buy ins.
There are books videos and articles covering the above subjects, and its def worth spending time on them
if you gonna invest time and effort on poker.

Quote:
I want out of this league, and do not want to be able to qualify for it again. I had more fun in the open league.
It's your decision but i advice you not to lose the privilege that you won.

Good luck.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 11:31 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
I guess I was just feeling sore after so many bad tourneys, it was not just a one off though. The first one I played I did reasonable, the next 3 I just got unlucky by sitting at tables with some idiots. Other people on the tables noticed it and said stuff about it too in agreement with me, so I know it was not just me.

I might as well still enter the PSL's while I have the ticket and hope that I get seated at better tables. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that bad players made it, im only average at best and I made it.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 01:55 PM
(#6)
Electrux keep in mind that though it is named the Premier League and entry into it is based on merit,it is still a FREEROLL LEAGUE.

That comes with certain trappings and quirks,both good and bad. Try to learn how to navigate them to your best advantage.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 02:06 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrux_hcb View Post
I guess I was just feeling sore after so many bad tourneys, it was not just a one off though. The first one I played I did reasonable, the next 3 I just got unlucky by sitting at tables with some idiots. Other people on the tables noticed it and said stuff about it too in agreement with me, so I know it was not just me.

I might as well still enter the PSL's while I have the ticket and hope that I get seated at better tables. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that bad players made it, im only average at best and I made it.
Electrux_hcb:

I am very glad to hear that you will keep trying to to play the Premier league. "Wasting" a month of possible free money prizes has always seemed a bit silly too me, although there have been others who said they were planning on doing it.

I know form personal experience how frustrating it can be to try your hardest to make good decisions, and feel that someone else who doesn't care nearly as much gets rewarded by the vagaries of fate; that is one of the bad parts of poker...

...one of the GOOD parts though, is that far more often than not, YOU benefit from the horrendous mistakes you are seeing, even if it doesn't feel like that right after an early bust out has cost you hard earned league points!

In my own personal "poker journey" there have been times I've allowed "ba-junky tilt" into my game after taking a few bad beats. The thing I've found though is the bad luck I suffer through chance that I cannot control only becomes WORSE if I allow it to become worse by letting it effect my decisions. It seems to me you were on the cusp of doing that, by trying to throw away a month of play in a league you worked hard to qualify for. Now THAT sounds exactly the same to me as allowing someone sucking out a runner runner flush vs your flopped top set to be reason enough to steam off the remaining $300 in front of you on a cash table!

I didn't mention that aspect of it to you in my post, because that is something that is far better you find for yourself...

I am VERY glad that you did find the answer, and that you seem to be willing to keep playing the league. Anything else would have probably been HUGE -eV for you, and as poker palyers we do not want to be puttin ourselves into -eV situations, right?

So welcome back electrux_hcb! Glad to see ya!

I wish you good luck, but even more importantly than that for a poker player, I wish you GOOD DECISIONS!

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com