Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

'Full' Tournaments

Old
'Full' Tournaments - Fri Jan 06, 2012, 04:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Just wondering how people make sure they get to enter the Open tournaments before they fill up all 10000 seats. I just sat next to the laptop waiting for the registration period to start, looked away for a couple of mins and it had already filled up.. with 10 mins left before it actually started.

Is there any way of automatically registering or something?

Or perhaps Pokerstars should change the system?
Either more entrants, more tournaments, limited tournaments per person per day etc.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 04:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
Hi, I think you just have to make a note of when registration is open, and then make sure you have the lobby open and finger on the button when it opens. It fills up in about 60 seconds....

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 04:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
lol, i've given up ages ago.

you have to be there the second reg opens and get in within the 1st second.

i think stars should limit entries to 1 each per day at least.

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 04:55 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselBasher View Post
Hi, I think you just have to make a note of when registration is open, and then make sure you have the lobby open and finger on the button when it opens. It fills up in about 60 seconds....
+1 I've run into the same situation in the astronomer tourneys (especially the Hubble, NLHE). The best thing to do is to have the lobby already open and be ready to hit the register button immediately when registration begins.

Good luck at the tables

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 06:06 PM
(#5)
I have posted this info before and it works brilliantly.

1....Have the tourney lobby open before the registration period begins.

2....Place your cursor on the area where the register button will appear.

3....As soon as the register button appears, depress your left click button.

4....Without moving your mouse cursor, depress your SPACE BAR three times.

This will automatically register you and confirm registration in less than one second

Old
Fri Jan 06, 2012, 06:54 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
I set the timer on the stove for 2 mins to reg...and sit there for 2 minutes and click register as soon as it appears.

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 08:24 PM
(#7)
I've missed them browsing the forum. lol

I am amazed at how so many multi-accounters manage to get in...

Cheers and GL

1st

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 08:42 PM
(#8)
i believe the answer is 10000.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 09:02 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
Wow I'm so glad I don't play these tourneys any more. I just feel bad for those who have come to PSO and are totally new to poker, most will surely run a mile.

Ironically you would like to think that the totally new player is exactly the kind of person that PSO would want to attract, and not put off.

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 11:59 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
I timed the 5:00 PM registration twice over the holidays as I was drunk and bored:

57 seconds to close
54 seconds to close

The only one you have a hope in Hades of registering after that amount of time is the 1AM EST, usually takes about two minutes, and sometimes is not full at all. ( Euros are still sleepy)

I myself had two tables open today and got caught for the 9:00PM EST tourney waiting for some moron to call my all in, looked back over and voila, tourney full. Went back to table, and voila, my AA vs KK held and didnt feel so bad. My TT vs 99 loss in the Big 2.20, kind of a pisser. I digress.

Whats worse is watching yourself plummet in the rankings because you cannot play due to committments( ie school, schoolgirls). I lost 30 places in two days, and will lose another 15-40 overnight tonight.

Puke!!!

Cheers

URWIFESAYSHI( why they wont let me change my name is beyond me !!!! )

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 08:01 AM
(#11)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinyButPhat View Post
I timed the 5:00 PM registration twice over the holidays as I was drunk and bored:

57 seconds to close
54 seconds to close

The only one you have a hope in Hades of registering after that amount of time is the 1AM EST, usually takes about two minutes, and sometimes is not full at all. ( Euros are still sleepy)

I myself had two tables open today and got caught for the 9:00PM EST tourney waiting for some moron to call my all in, looked back over and voila, tourney full. Went back to table, and voila, my AA vs KK held and didnt feel so bad. My TT vs 99 loss in the Big 2.20, kind of a pisser. I digress.

Whats worse is watching yourself plummet in the rankings because you cannot play due to committments( ie school, schoolgirls). I lost 30 places in two days, and will lose another 15-40 overnight tonight.

Puke!!!

Cheers

URWIFESAYSHI( why they wont let me change my name is beyond me !!!! )

I put a stopwatch on the 6pm (UK time) tourney yesterday and it filled in 33 secs

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com