Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

you need to keep your stack healthy-$11R(70k)

Old
you need to keep your stack healthy-$11R(70k) - Sat Jan 07, 2012, 06:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
healthy stack for me is 10BB's

here it's good that I have Axs UTG i don't care if i get called and lose because im bound to anyway and im going to lose another blind the next hand so i shove and hope don't get called

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

and then the next hand is this

lucky i guess now i got 20bb's can play poker for a while

lesson here is - if your 10-12BB you need to shove any 2 in position when it's open even with 72o don't wait to get blinded out. Just don't wait much longer you've waited enough you need at least 10BB to have fold equity, any lower than that you will get called by any random hand.

i want to share this one because i can see a lot of our members just keep on waiting for premium until they get blinded out to around 5BB, this is wrong your not taking advantage of your position and your fold equity.

with 10BB's your bound to lose anyway why not lose fighting. it's better to lose fighting than just by surrendering your blinds

let's protect our chips that's our tournament life

i hope this helps

Old
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 06:24 PM
(#2)
less than 10bb's it's open to you just shove your bound to lose anyway why wait any longer

and pray

good chip up without risk

Old
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 06:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post
less than 10bb's it's open to you just shove your bound to lose anyway why wait any longer

and pray

good chip up without risk

maybe good play (maybe perfect, but you provide no reads, history, game flow, etc) but why,exactly is it without risk ??

Old
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 06:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
Quote:
lesson here is - if your 10-12BB you need to shove any 2 in position when it's open even with 72o don't wait to get blinded out. Just don't wait much longer you've waited enough you need at least 10BB to have fold equity, any lower than that you will get called by any random hand.
I think you need to learn a lot more about the shove/fold game. The only time I ever shove 72o, is when it's folded to me in the SB, I have like 5BB and the BB is an absolute nit.

It's good to see that your willing to make shoves in position and from early position when the blinds are about to hit but it is not with just ATC. The first hand isn't too bad, you have the A blocker.. but you need to make your decision to shove based on your image, how light they are calling off and also targetting the shorter stacks (not crippled stacks) as this will increase fold equity.

The last hand is wayyyyyyyy to loose, but again it depends on tournament structure, image etc. I'd rather shove with 98s, 9Ts you will more than likely have live cards. You will see 2 more hands before the blinds, if you don't pick up anything that you can shove... then you can shove with ATC but at least in position.

I had a good shove/fold chart from a while back, I'll try to find it and post it here.

Old
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 06:47 PM
(#5)
again down to my 12BB it's open i take it

chip up without risk

win the pot 2 ways

if i get called and lose im bound to lose anyway

here we keep fighting this is my point

Old
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 06:52 PM
(#6)
Quote:
again down to my 12BB it's open i take it

chip up without risk

win the pot 2 ways

if i get called and lose im bound to lose anyway

here we keep fighting this is my point

position is better here, again, why without risk ?

Old
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 07:01 PM
(#7)
without risk because no one called

winning the pot 2 ways this is important lesson our Great Teacher told me

i don't care if it's too loose let's see if they have the guts to call me with ace high so far no one has the guts because i keep my stacks healthy even if they are ahead they don't know if they are going to win

now bubble time if i didn't do all the stealing im not making it in the money

im bound to lose anyway can't wait for a hand cause it's not coming why not give yourself a chance and get called and hope that you have 2 live cards and you'll never know

i never have a good hand except for the AK that's is so so long ago

Old
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 07:03 PM
(#8)
Quote:
without risk because no one called

you knew that before ?

Old
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 07:05 PM
(#9)
During current Hold'em session you were dealt 176 hands and saw flop:
- 4 out of 21 times while in big blind (19%)
- 1 out of 19 times while in small blind (5%)
- 5 out of 136 times in other positions (3%)
- a total of 10 out of 176 (5%)
Pots won at showdown - 6 of 7 (85%)
Pots won without showdown - 9

im in the money and here is my stats the whole game i dont really have that much of a hand but
if i go to showdown i make sure i win it.

if not for the stealing im not going to make the money this is my point of keeping your stack healthy

and 10BB is healthy any lower than that will be called by any random hand

Old
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 07:08 PM
(#10)
this time i got called

and i lost but im doomed anyways so without a hand a made the money

that's poker

you can't win if you always wait for a big hand to come

Old
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 07:27 PM
(#11)
hi marvin,

please don't take this the wrong way, i value your involvement, but,

i think opening a thread with such an 'instructional' title and then posting hands as if they are the bees knees, is a little dangerous, some people might take it at face value.

these are your opinions, they may be 100 % correct,maybe not.

personally i think you made a few mistakes in the hands above but maybe i'm wrong.

however, i believe having a title like in a lot of the other threads opening a debate is much better.

kind regards

django

Old
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 08:57 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django66 View Post
hi marvin,

please don't take this the wrong way, i value your involvement, but,

i think opening a thread with such an 'instructional' title and then posting hands as if they are the bees knees, is a little dangerous, some people might take it at face value.

these are your opinions, they may be 100 % correct,maybe not.

personally i think you made a few mistakes in the hands above but maybe i'm wrong.

however, i believe having a title like in a lot of the other threads opening a debate is much better.

kind regards

django
i value opinions of other people openly

very much appreciated

this is my style and i want our teachers to correct me on my play i just want analysis if this is the right path

if its not how do to it right

your saying i have mistake here tell me i want to know so that i can correct it

Old
Sat Jan 07, 2012, 09:07 PM
(#13)
well,

there are better people to analyze in depth and verbose and i'm deepin a tourney + playing cash, so can't make a detailed response, but, as i said before, for example there clearly was a risk when you said there was none.

but it's all opinions and there are no absolutes in poker, so, maybe i'm wrong on the analysis but i just feel, as a student, it's wrong to state that some particular play is definitely correct,

all the best

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 01:42 AM
(#14)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi All!

Django,
You are absolutely correct in that there is not a single way to play a poker hand. The same hands can be played multiple ways, depnding on a large number of factors, such as play style, type of tourney, stacks, position, table image and many others. Multiple people will play the same hand in the same situation differently.... and all can be correct.

Marvin,
Here's what my style would be for these hands, please note that I play more conservative than others in many instances.

For the A6 clubs hand, this is a standard shove in a cash tourney for me with less than 10BB.

AK hand, with basically 10BB left and if the 3rd opp doesn't call, extra dead chips in the pot, I'm shoving here too.

J6 off from mid position I would instantly fold, even with a 9BB stack. I'd want to find a better spot, in postion, or with better cards, to shove.

10 2 suited with 12BB from late position, that's borderline for my style. If I had an extremely tight table image, had not been stealing much and had not shown anything but a premium hand at this table, I might try it. Otherwise, I'm folding and looking for a better situation.

78 off with 7.5BB from mid position is a bit light for my style too and due to that, I'm folding.

Hope this helps everyone. Good luck at the tables

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 12:12 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi All!

Django,
You are absolutely correct in that there is not a single way to play a poker hand. The same hands can be played multiple ways, depnding on a large number of factors, such as play style, type of tourney, stacks, position, table image and many others. Multiple people will play the same hand in the same situation differently.... and all can be correct.

Marvin,
Here's what my style would be for these hands, please note that I play more conservative than others in many instances.

For the A6 clubs hand, this is a standard shove in a cash tourney for me with less than 10BB.

AK hand, with basically 10BB left and if the 3rd opp doesn't call, extra dead chips in the pot, I'm shoving here too.

J6 off from mid position I would instantly fold, even with a 9BB stack. I'd want to find a better spot, in postion, or with better cards, to shove.

10 2 suited with 12BB from late position, that's borderline for my style. If I had an extremely tight table image, had not been stealing much and had not shown anything but a premium hand at this table, I might try it. Otherwise, I'm folding and looking for a better situation.

78 off with 7.5BB from mid position is a bit light for my style too and due to that, I'm folding.

Hope this helps everyone. Good luck at the tables

John (JWK24)
thank you sir

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com