Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

2012 : A Challenging Year ?!?

Old
2012 : A Challenging Year ?!? - Sun Jan 08, 2012, 07:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Gday all,

Have been playing casually for a while now, and it seems i have played all forms of the game, so have decided to set some challenges for myself this year. Something that is attainable with my schedule which includes family, full time work and a life.

Will be starting out by working with Andy (ahar010), which will be a Bankroll building challenge, and an opportunity to commit to a game with the guidance of someone leading me along the way. I will use this to work my way into the low-mid stakes form of the game later this year, and then hopefully the $$$$ will take care of itself.

The initial challenge will be over the course of 8 weeks , and i will be grinding out a $10 starting Bankroll with the goal of turning it into $100+. Starting off with the $0.25 45mans, next step will be to work it to over $15 and take shots at the $0.50 45mans.

Tonight is the first night, and i feel i can comfortably play at least 8 games per night (i know it does not sound like a lot) while i am settling into the flow of the game, and will add more tables as i go. Weekly goals will be at least 50 games, which will help to attain a monthly goal of 200. Will post tonights results to start it off, and then look updating on a weekly basis, or post something that comes up that is worth sharing.

JANUARY 2011

WEEKLY

Games : 8
ROI : 57.5%
ITM : 25.0%
BR : $11.15 (+$1.15)

MONTHLY

Games : 8
ROI : 57.5%
ITM : 25.0%
BR : $11.15 (+$1.15)

HAND OF THE WEEK

FIRST HAND OF THE GAME

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10.00/t20.00 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1585890

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is CO with A A

UTG calls t20, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls t20, 1 fold, MP2 calls t20, Hero raises to t140, 3 folds, UTG calls t120, UTG+2 raises to t1500, 1 fold, Hero calls t1360, 1 fold

Flop: (t3190) J J A (2 players)

Turn: (t3190) 5 (2 players)

River: (t3190) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: t3190

UTG+2 shows 8 4

Hero shows A A

Hero wins t3190.00

HIT CLIP OF THE WEEK

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 06:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Very testing games these, and can see that it is not hard for seasoned players to go on long downswings or b/e stretches. Just shake my head when i go over hands that i drop out of, but at least multitabling 8-10 tables at a time makes life a little easier for tilt control. Still working at it, and hope to have around 150 games by the end of the month, and start getting a better feel for these games.

Have a session coming up with ahar010 this Thursday, and know there will be a few spots to go over. Must thank him for his approach towards this, and will add that he comes across very well, and explains the situations well. Look forward to putting it all together, but its only early days, and still learning the longer format.

JANUARY 2011

WEEKLY

Games : 38
ROI : -18.0%
ITM : 21.1%
BR : (-$1.15)

MONTHLY

Games : 46
ROI : -4.9%
ITM : 21.7%
BR : $9.44 (-$0.56)

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 07:13 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsanders View Post

HIT CLIP OF THE WEEK

Cool blog!

Who's that guy? Is he's so fit ...

The clip got really good about 2min45sec in, and then again around 3min50sec

GL with your goals!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com