Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments /

QueensCl./Foxwoods/Bellagio

Old
QueensCl./Foxwoods/Bellagio - Tue Nov 12, 2002, 12:35 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
Just wanted to thank everyone in the school for the excellent play over the last 6 months.

I turn 40 next May, and have decided to play in the $10,000 buy-in at the WSOP. I have been trying to work on my game by practicing here, because I have 3 kids and my own business, and live in Chicago so don't get to play much.

I was lucky enough to place in the money at Queens Classic (5th in a Sunset No-limit tourney), and make it to final 2 tables in 2 other tourneys there (no pay). Best experience came, though, from playing against some "great ones" like John Juanda, Chris Bjorin, Danny Negreaneau, Ron Rose, Scotty Nyugen, An Tran among others.

Also got lucky at Fowoods and finished 12th in $500 Limit HE and (30 in NLHE -- paid 20). In the tourney I finished 12th, I was chip leader with Scotty Nyugen with 24 people left. Along the way I busted Dr. Max Stern and David Pham -- both WSOp bracelet winners -- what a rush! Thought it was gonna be breakthrough, but went card-dead and made some poor bluffs, trying to get some chips to stay alive. All in all, still great thrill, and first time I realized I will win one of these tourneys one day!

Going to play in three tourneys at Bellagio over December 6, 7 and 8th. Would love to see some PSOrs there. Highlight of my trip to Foxwoods was meeting Paul Spitalnic. He is a great guy, and a great player. He ripped through the sats in Foxwoods like he does here at PSO. I got lucky and chopped the one sat we played together, but I know he won more than 4 while we were there. He is a great player who keeps a super game face at all times, and everyone at the table feared him!

I have to say that I think the experience here is VERY comparable to live tourneys and sats -- lots of maniacs, lots of overbets, etc. I think it is much harder to win PSO points here than it is to finish in top 30% of live tourneys (accomplishable with patience and selective aggressiveness). In my last 15 live tourneys I have finished in the top 30% in 12, and made the money in 3 -- something that is not easy to do here.

I am certain that if we took a team of top players from PSO, we could compete in any tourney in the country. I am dead serious.

I know I don't post a lot, but I truly want to thank all of the players here, whose tough play has made my game stronger and more complete.

Please let me know if anyone will be in Vegas that weekend because I would love to put another face to another player here at PSO!

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2002, 03:29 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
TKO,

Best of luck to you - it's always been a pleasure playing with you here. I've had the pleasure of playing live with Paul too, fun guy, good player - just like here. Then again, most people here are.

Wish I could come to Vegas and root you on, but you'll be fine (and I agree in the most part on your PSO assessment).

Aaron (hazy)

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2002, 03:51 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Hazy:

Paul and I spoke of you in Foxwoods. He told me he had met you and you were a good guy!

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I know you will be in finals when I am in Vegas so best of luck. I wish you were there -- at another table! You have always been formidable competition, and your style would definitely make you very competitive in live tourneys!

Keep forgetting to tell you -- Mario Puzo wrote a great book about a degenerate gambler (among other storylines). My favorite book about the psyche of a gambler. You might want to pick it up. I always enjoy your stories!

Old
Puzo book - Wed Nov 13, 2002, 01:07 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
The title is 'Fools Die' ; classic stuff! I recommend it to anyone
who can lay hands on a copy, assuming it's still in print.

Alan

Old
Puzo book - Wed Nov 13, 2002, 01:09 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
The title is 'Fools Die' ; classic stuff! I recommend it to anyone
who can lay hands on a copy, assuming it's still in print.

Alan

Old
Thu Nov 14, 2002, 12:08 AM
(#6)
Deleted user
Tim,

Thanks for the kind words and it was MY pleasure meeting you. You obviously played great and were rewarded for it. I wish you the best of luck going to Bellagio (i hear these are super tough) but know that if you play your A game, you will do just fine.

As far as playing in the true "Big One", I'm sure that will be a dream come true. Everyone of us that has ever played in a live tourney has dreamed about just playing in that event. If you do it, you will have the support of every member of this school. GO FOR IT!!!

Paul

Old
Wed Nov 20, 2002, 08:16 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
Nice post TKO.

Randy

PS Look forward to meeting you someday.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com