Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

DOJ Ruling: What it means for U.S. players at Pokerstars.

Old
DOJ Ruling: What it means for U.S. players at Pokerstars. - Sun Jan 08, 2012, 08:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
On approximately Dec. 23,2011 The Department Of Justice made a ruling that online poker doesn't violate the Wire Act of 2006. What the Wire Act of 2006 does apply to is online sports betting. So, my question is what does this mean for united States poker players at Poker Stars?
When can U.S. players start playing at Poker Stars?

Thank You

mecke28 (Mike)

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 09:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
When and IF pokerstars starts fighting for us. Otherwise it could be an endless wait for our government to fix itself.

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 09:44 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Hiya Mike

As for when PokerStars makes any decision on allowing USA players to return they will post a release. Until that time None of us have any information about the return to the US market

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TOO2COO; Sun Jan 08, 2012 at 03:15 PM..

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 12:36 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
IMO of the ruling it releases the "unlawful" part that pokerstars founders were indicted for and charges should be dropped.

Just have to see what redtape PS will have to get through now... If they even want us back. I mean if its worth the trouble for them.

Realistically, the whole inter/intra state regulation idea seems stupid. I personally like playing against an international player field.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by john.duce; Sun Jan 08, 2012 at 03:14 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com