Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Cowboy's January Challenge (I mean Plummet)

Old
Cowboy's January Challenge (I mean Plummet) - Sun Jan 08, 2012, 01:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
Being ambitious, I started $1.00 45 man SNGs late in December and increased by 35 buy-ins.

Then I declared that I would take on the Cowboy's challenge at $1.00 buy-ins for January and instantly went on a downward spiral.

I burned through my 25 buy-ins for the challenge in 30 games and ended my attempt in record speed.

This happened in December too. I was successful with $0.25 90 man SNGs, then posted, then went on a slide. It's pretty funny and embarrassing all at once.

Even though my January attempt is a ridiculous failure, all is not lost.

I am sitting at 80 games completed at this level with $4.93 to the positive. I am going to continue on, but wow that really hurt.

Well I wish everyone success in their challenges and hope that my catastrophe can at least bring some amusement into your day.

Troy

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 05:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
ChromeStar
not used troy been there done that couldn t afford the t shirt

gl y all

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 02:43 PM
(#3)
Your right about about the t-shirt wetmoose. It's a lot more costly at the $1 buy in.

It seems like the play is weaker and the variance is greater due to it, than the $0.25 buy in. I am still reviewing those games, but looking back so far, I am playing relatively well. Some bad timing, but mostly right now the cards aren't holding up.

Have some good run in your challenge.

Troy

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 08:28 PM
(#4)
Best of luck in your future efforts, I'm sure you can do it. You won't beat this challenge every time because that is very unlikely for most players, but you seem to be able to keep putting yourself in a good position to be able to beat the challenge, so keep up the good work.

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 09:39 AM
(#5)
Thanks for the encouragement Swaxwell,

It is such a good challenge. Even when we fall short of the goal, we can often increase our bankroll and learn some valuable lessons along the way.

Troy

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com