Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Bring Back Member of the Week (Not Month) How About it, Pokerstars?

Old
Bring Back Member of the Week (Not Month) How About it, Pokerstars? - Sun Jan 08, 2012, 07:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I was interested, to say the least, when Pokerstars launched it's new forum and blogging promotion. It's a great incentive to post, chat and play poker and spread the good word about how great a website Pokerstars is!

I was a bit dejected though, when instead of being able to participate and look forward to a new prize being up for grabs every week, prizes are only available every month. A month is like an ice age in poker and I like my poker turbo-style

I beseech thee, PStars - bring back the Member of the Week!

I hopethe Pokerstars community notices this thread and adds their own words to encourage the Pokerstars team to reconsider.

shivaa

Last edited by shivaa-divaa; Sun Jan 08, 2012 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: better post

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 07:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
+1

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 07:38 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
I agree, but it seems to be yet another Pokerstars belt tightening move

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 07:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
IMO 'member of the month' is actually much better so long as the added value gets redistributed throughout PSO in different ways.

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 08:04 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2007
Absolutely nothing to do with belt tightening roomik and you know it my fiend!

At the end of the day (an very Irish saying) when two people have applied and met all the criteria for MOTW then it is pretty obvious that a week is not long enough for people to respond.

This is a competition but a competition with only two participants becomes ludicrous when no one else has the time to reply.

The terms and conditions for winning are clearly set out, so respond, fulfill the criteria and you have a chance to win. Winning without competition will not make you a poker player in any case!

Cheers,

TC

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 08:12 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post

At the end of the day (an very Irish saying) when two people have applied and met all the criteria for MOTW then it is pretty obvious that a week is not long enough for people to respond.

This is a competition but a competition with only two participants becomes ludicrous when no one else has the time to reply.

The terms and conditions for winning are clearly set out, so respond, fulfill the criteria and you have a chance to win. Winning without competition will not make you a poker player in any case!

Cheers,

TC
l do agree top,

but them going to the month now does save them cash also.....hiccup

that also should be said.

cheers

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 08:28 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post

Cheers,

TC
lol my fiend? anyways I dont agree.. coincides with stars hacking the fpp bonus, and by doing it monthly they are saving 75%... And if it is weekly who cares if you miss it, there is always next week.

What is shameful is someone winning with 5 posts in the forum.. And the terms might be clearly set out but I do not think they are being followed

Scoring
Our PokerSchool Community Coordinator and Moderators will review all applicants on the following criteria:
Content Strength 40% - Strong posts make a strong impact; make sure your posts are full of valid detail. Cut out sections that are not required, padding content will not score extra points.
Style of Post 10% - Good content must be easy to understand and fun to read but not too fun, keep your eye on the goal, try to stay on the correct path.
Views & Replies 50% - If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? This is the same with great posts; others must read your posts so make sure you point friends and family to your in the right direction.
All sections will be scored as Great, Good, and Other. Overall scores will not be shared within the community; only the winner will be announced.

We have one person who clearly crushed the standards last week, yet came in just out of the money again

When did they decide to change it? how long before they secretly stuck it in with the little note that Cookies saw? Where is PSOGefallener? is he still here?

Why has the leader board been down for days before any reply? waiting to sort out which mod has been assigned to bring bad news?

Communication again lacking in pso, we have good people trying their best to help out, with seemingly no communication at all from the higher ups until the water is over the levee

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 08:29 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
I agree, but it seems to be yet another Pokerstars belt tightening move
+1

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 09:04 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
They didnt get the traffic they where expecting from the promo.
So seeing that their was a supposed lack of interest they changed it to monthly.

New members see a member with say 1k in posts and they have say 20,does it make sense for them to compete that week? Reality would tell people to wait till the usual suspects got their turn at the promo and apply.
So now we will have a small blip that will question the selections and who was chosen before they changed it. I wouldnt blame them for thinking that way but I dont think that was the case,at least I would hope it wasnt.

If it is another reason than it falls short for not supplementing the hole of weekly interest and incentive.

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 06:18 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
Hello All

As we move forward there will be times where we adjust a Promo, Some times it has to do with many things and other times just a few, we do not make a change on a whim so there is a reason there was a change made.

We hope moving forward you can give the Promos a chance as I know change is not always seen as a good move please give things time and not dislike out the gate.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables
T2C

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 09:27 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
I stand behind the issues I initially brought up but I understand your thinking.

Mentioned not liking the spam aspect and how it would turn into a popularity contest.
Changing it to a monthly could having me pointing out my initial posts and issues and putting check marks next to them but I digress.

Look forward to clearer communication in the new year.

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 11:38 PM
(#12)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
I stand behind the issues I initially brought up but I understand your thinking.

Mentioned not liking the spam aspect and how it would turn into a popularity contest.
Changing it to a monthly could having me pointing out my initial posts and issues and putting check marks next to them but I digress.

Look forward to clearer communication in the new year.

Buuuuuuuuurp

Dale

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 12:00 AM
(#13)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale442 View Post
Buuuuuuuuurp

Dale

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 12:31 AM
(#14)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post

Great pic cookies!!!!

As far as the PSO is concerned, my opinion is that it is now 100% standard corporate issue butt covering.

CORPORATE Job creation, CORPORATE Job protection.

To Brian,

If you would like some reasonable business advice, hit me off the forum. I DO care about what happens within the PSO. NOT a cutdown to you, a statement.

I am willing to help, without being "paid" LOL. Please choose to accept this one time offer. Send me a PM, and we can get on Skype ect.
And, yep, I do know how arrogant this post sounds. Test, if you like, my business knowledge,

In your court now. Stepping up?

Dale

Last edited by dale442; Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 12:36 AM..

Old
Thu Jan 19, 2012, 06:58 PM
(#15)
One more point for bringing back member of the week is that 50% of the scoring relies on posters posting to the winning blog but the internet community rarely hold their interest in any post on any website longer than a few days; let alone a whole month. Dragging the contest out for a month has no apprieciable benefit in determing the winner.

I was thinking force of number of supportive posts might influence the promoters to reconsider tweaking this contest so more people win something more often - even if it's not a full line up, maybe there could be a weekly ticket to one of the big sunday tourneys as an ongoing incentive to post frequently in this community.

Come on posters, post away (for and against.)

regards
Shivaa

Old
Thu Jan 19, 2012, 07:34 PM
(#16)
Since: Feb 2010
COMPROMISE!

Member of the Fortnight.

Has a certain original ring to it - don't you think?

Ed from - oh you know

Old
Fri Jan 20, 2012, 01:34 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
**MOVED**

(Reason: It relates to a request to PSO for a change in a promotion. -JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 20, 2012, 08:27 AM
(#18)
Could always have 4-5 winners every month.

Old
Fri Jan 20, 2012, 10:41 AM
(#19)
Since: Dec 2010
Bi Monthly Member Ed !! lol

Sounds quite Kinky !!!!

Old
Fri Jan 20, 2012, 12:01 PM
(#20)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
I support this fully, please support my push to change the Quiz promotions to actually reward Pokerstars/PSO clients in North America and not just Europe as well as those of us who have deposited instead of those who have never spent a dime on Pokerstars. Currently noobs can gain 500 VPPs and 5 x 3.50 SNG tickets, plus Euros(intellipoker players) got/will get 10.00 for passing the Cash Game Quiz. This side of the Atlantic, not so much.

Another issue with MOTM and old MOTW was that some blogs sit on the home screen for days, listed as the last 3 posted. Take Vickie Corens current blog, it has been on the Home page for days, hence her views ( i know shes a pro) are going to be outrageous. It skews the numbers a little if this is not refreshed or if new blogs are not given the same "face time" on the hompage with links.

Just my thoughts,

Peace

Skiny

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com