Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

----overlays----

Old
----overlays---- - Sun Jan 08, 2012, 11:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Watching the Main PS Lobby, I'm thinking we need a main post for Overlay Tourneys that we find if any. It doesn't happen often, and when it does, it's nice to cash in on it.

Post Any Tournaments here.

As of 11:30pm ET, the 11:00pm $2.20 Regular MTT 1.5K GTD still 150 players away from meeting GTD 1/2 hr Late Reg still left.

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Sun Jan 08, 2012 at 11:32 PM..

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 11:48 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
almost met the GTD, 12 mins left late reg.

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 11:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I've played in one or two with a small overlay.

The $4.40 NLH [8-max, 1000 Cap, $1.5k Gtd] needs 375 people to break even, and today there's only 368. Not a lot, but it's something I guess

And sometimes some of the the $2.20 or $3.30 6-max tourneys I've seen come in slightly under too?

I used to buy into those 1R1A tourneys with the rebuy and the add-on ... but at least half the field seems to treat the rebuys as overlay of a non-rebuy tourney, sort of a deal? Like if it's a $2.20 1R1A, then they're playing $4.20 for a tourney that half the field will pay $6.20 to play? So it's like paying $4.20 for a tourney with $5.20 prize pool, sort of? maybe? Except there's that theory that buying in for the full amount gives one a chip advantage, so then there's that ... I don't know ... semi-maybe-possible overlay I guess

That's all I've seen so far

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com