Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Member Blogs / Member of the Month /

How to post working blog links.

Old
How to post working blog links. - Mon Jan 09, 2012, 06:45 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hello All!

The main reason I am here is to help you get your application perfect, so toward that end I have created this sticky post because there seems to be a lot of problems with posting blog links specifically. I hope it helps!

Posting a blog link...

Step #1: First thing to do is find the RIGHT blog link.

There are 2 ways to get to your blog page, as an AUTHOR or as a READER.

If you enter your blog post as an AUTHOR, any links you capture from there will not work for other people who wish to follow the link so they can see your blog. This is how many folks first post the link to their blogs on their applications, and since such a link is only usable by the author of a blog, it does not qualify as an application link. To help prevent people from posting links that do not do anything in terms of guiding others to their blog I have written these instructions and included screen shots.

Any time you click on The "Your Blog" you enter your blog posts immediately, but as an Author.

See this link for an example of what NOT to do: http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/...ent=image2.jpg

To enter as a READER, you click on the "BLOGS" tab at the top of the PSO home page.

See this link for an example: http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/...ent=image3.jpg

Step #2: Once you have entered your blog as a reader, you must find it.

Unlike the "your blog" tab on the right of the page, which immediately takes you to your blogs so you can edit them, the "Blogs" tab at the top of the home page links you to ALL available blogs that you can read. Your's may be near the top of the list if it was recently approved for viewing, but it may have slid off the list and you will have to search for it.

See this link for an example: http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/...ent=image4.jpg

Step #3: Posting the URL.

Just in case you do not know where the URL is located that you must copy, and paste to your application, I will include another screen shot link for you. The URL is located above the page though, in the browser frame around the page data.

see this link for an example: http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/...ent=image1.jpg

You can also use step 3 for your link to a thread you started, simply by opening the thread so you can see all the posts thereon, and copying that URL to your Member of the Month application.

So there you have it, a step by step method for posting a blog link that works on your application, with screen shots to use as examples!

If you still have problems after this, please feel free to pm me, and we can maybe set up a skype chat so I can walk you through it verbally.

Good luck!

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JDean; Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 08:13 PM..

Old
cool - Wed Jan 11, 2012, 10:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Your a cool dude Dean, Thanks for all your patience and help, muchly appreciated. I did a lot of copying and pasting of url links so am sure I am good to go for for entering the member of the month club, thx again,

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 09:53 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Very Useful....

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com