Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Top 50 to lose out

Old
Top 50 to lose out - Mon Jan 09, 2012, 08:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
I usually play $2.50 180 Turbo SnG and in the first 15 min i ma in the top 10 of say 150 players but i cant keep up the streak and by the end of the next 30 minutes i am back at the bottom of the list.

does any one have any tips on how to stay in the top of the list and get to the final table the best i get is 25th?

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 09:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
To me it sounds like you're too aggressive in the mid stage of the tourney. If you chipped up to top 10 in the early stage you should tighten up and play less until you are closer to the bubble.

Try changing up your style during the mid stage.

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 11:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi playinWfire2,

Welcome to the forum!

I agree with joker. What I would look at is to see how aggressive or more specifically how many hands you're involved in at this stage of the tourney. If I play too many hands when the blinds go up, I'll lose chips quicker than I normally should.

I try to play better hands and be aggressive when I play them and fold my marginal hands early in a tourney. Then, when the blinds go up and I get to a stack of 10BB left, open up and start playing some of the marginal hands. Due to this, I'm not normally in the top 10 early (unless I get really good cards), but can survive longer in them, which gives me a better chance to cash in them.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.
John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 12:08 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
I agree, tighten up (play lesser hands) and when a strong hand, play aggressive gl

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com