Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

study my own hand

Old
study my own hand - Mon Jan 09, 2012, 02:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

i dont why i called should have been easy fold

im so stupid

Last edited by marvinsytan; Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 05:47 PM..

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 02:50 PM
(#2)

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 03:14 PM
(#3)

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:27 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Just to let you know, my comments are being made the first time viewing the hand. I have no idea what the hand will be at the end. Makes my thoughts more game reality.

Hand #1:
Pocket queens have a lot of power as a group one hand. Betting heavy is advised. You wagered five times the blinds and eliminated two of five players. My initial guess is that these players have paired, suited connectors, or ace-X suited.

Everyone checked to you. As the big bettor in the pre flop stage, that would be the sound play. They want you to broadcast your strength. You do that with a bet that is 75% of the pot. They should be putting you on high pocket pair, top two paired, or flush. The board does present two potential problems to your hand. One is the 8-7, which could give a player two pair or a 4-card straight if they played suited connectors. The 7-2 is suited, which might lead to a battle of flushes.

Two players folded. Dependent on the earlier play, I would consider two pair a distint possibility.

Turn is a killer as it makes the flush probable. His play indicates he has the flush, caught his ace set, or has paired the ace. If he is a tight player, I'm thinking the first two. A loose player, all three plus the four-card straight mentioned earlier. He is all-in, which should have you worried. You could back out and still have a viable playing stake.

Okay, me bad. The river does nobody any good. At this point the straight is gone. With a pair out, the chances of a third is added, as well as the full house. What we find is that the player is indeed a loose player who considers any ace golded. A sensible player would fold that hand post flop when you made the 75% pot bet. He catches the ace. Random chance favored him when the odds favored you before the turn. After the turn, you're dead meat.

Hand #2:
You have ten-three suited, not much of a power hand. The player to your right makes a 5X bet. If he has played loose before, he might be pushing a marginal hand. If his earlier wins were valid plays, I'm thinking of folding. Your bet is more than double his. Makes me think you have this guy pegged as an exceptionally inept player or somebody loaded with luck. The move worked that time.

Hand #3:
You have big slick, mixed. I know all the pros call this a powerful hand, but my experience puts this deep in the group five catagory. My batting average is below five hundred, which isn't my idea of a group one hand.

You're sitting in the early position and make a 3X raise. A reasonable bet with a group one hand. When I get this hand, I'm more likely to limp. As I said, it hasn't been a good hand to me, so I want to see the flop cheap and be able to cut my losses if nothing developes.

There are two callers, both with sizable stakes. If you know how they got those stacks, you can judge their play. If the computer just moved them to your table, you should be assuming strong player. Yeah, I know the line about "assume," but without data, consider anyone to be better than you at the skill portion of the game.

The flop is of no help. Me, I'm thinking fold. Player bets and you call, which tells me you are playing for the turn and hoping to match one or the other card. You have him ranged as a one-pair hand, most likely the high card. If you can pair, you'll be the stronger player.

The turn gives a long-shot straight. Not a probability, unless the other player had suited connectors.

Everyone checks through to the showdown. Unless you knew what kind of opponent you had, and if you are staying in this hand, I might have made a minimum bid at the turn. If he stayed, check down.

I didn't see the pocket pair, but it is the same as my earlier assessment of a one-paired hand. On hindsight, you did the right thing checking the turn and river as it saved you some of your stake. Hard to take when every card beat his pair, but he held on to that pocket pair to the river. A bad loss, but one you should have known was coming when you didn't pair your hand. Not many hands are won on the highest card, which is the only chance you had of winning.

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:50 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
Just to let you know, my comments are being made the first time viewing the hand. I have no idea what the hand will be at the end. Makes my thoughts more game reality.

Hand #1:
Pocket queens have a lot of power as a group one hand. Betting heavy is advised. You wagered five times the blinds and eliminated two of five players. My initial guess is that these players have paired, suited connectors, or ace-X suited.

Everyone checked to you. As the big bettor in the pre flop stage, that would be the sound play. They want you to broadcast your strength. You do that with a bet that is 75% of the pot. They should be putting you on high pocket pair, top two paired, or flush. The board does present two potential problems to your hand. One is the 8-7, which could give a player two pair or a 4-card straight if they played suited connectors. The 7-2 is suited, which might lead to a battle of flushes.

Two players folded. Dependent on the earlier play, I would consider two pair a distint possibility.

Turn is a killer as it makes the flush probable. His play indicates he has the flush, caught his ace set, or has paired the ace. If he is a tight player, I'm thinking the first two. A loose player, all three plus the four-card straight mentioned earlier. He is all-in, which should have you worried. You could back out and still have a viable playing stake.

Okay, me bad. The river does nobody any good. At this point the straight is gone. With a pair out, the chances of a third is added, as well as the full house. What we find is that the player is indeed a loose player who considers any ace golded. A sensible player would fold that hand post flop when you made the 75% pot bet. He catches the ace. Random chance favored him when the odds favored you before the turn. After the turn, you're dead meat.

Hand #2:
You have ten-three suited, not much of a power hand. The player to your right makes a 5X bet. If he has played loose before, he might be pushing a marginal hand. If his earlier wins were valid plays, I'm thinking of folding. Your bet is more than double his. Makes me think you have this guy pegged as an exceptionally inept player or somebody loaded with luck. The move worked that time.

Hand #3:
You have big slick, mixed. I know all the pros call this a powerful hand, but my experience puts this deep in the group five catagory. My batting average is below five hundred, which isn't my idea of a group one hand.

You're sitting in the early position and make a 3X raise. A reasonable bet with a group one hand. When I get this hand, I'm more likely to limp. As I said, it hasn't been a good hand to me, so I want to see the flop cheap and be able to cut my losses if nothing developes.

There are two callers, both with sizable stakes. If you know how they got those stacks, you can judge their play. If the computer just moved them to your table, you should be assuming strong player. Yeah, I know the line about "assume," but without data, consider anyone to be better than you at the skill portion of the game.

The flop is of no help. Me, I'm thinking fold. Player bets and you call, which tells me you are playing for the turn and hoping to match one or the other card. You have him ranged as a one-pair hand, most likely the high card. If you can pair, you'll be the stronger player.

The turn gives a long-shot straight. Not a probability, unless the other player had suited connectors.

Everyone checks through to the showdown. Unless you knew what kind of opponent you had, and if you are staying in this hand, I might have made a minimum bid at the turn. If he stayed, check down.

I didn't see the pocket pair, but it is the same as my earlier assessment of a one-paired hand. On hindsight, you did the right thing checking the turn and river as it saved you some of your stake. Hard to take when every card beat his pair, but he held on to that pocket pair to the river. A bad loss, but one you should have known was coming when you didn't pair your hand. Not many hands are won on the highest card, which is the only chance you had of winning.
hey nice analysis sir

very much appreciated

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:10 PM
(#6)
to remind me not to do the same mistake again

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ad-river-big11

Old
$5.5 $15K tourney - Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:54 PM
(#7)
escape from disaster

this is the perfect reason why i don't like to play AQ in OOP this hand could practically bust me here

if im going to play this hand i need to reraise if i can't reraise the best thing is to fold

Old
weak bet = weak hand - big 11 - Tue Jan 10, 2012, 03:22 PM
(#8)

just to make sure he's not bluffing you make a stand then fold if he 3bet

Old
$3.3r $40k - Tue Jan 10, 2012, 03:55 PM
(#9)

attack the limper and use your position and chips

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 04:59 PM
(#10)

of course as always i open shove with 10BB's or less

i won

my opp cursed me to the max

and i just smile how satisfying

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 05:01 PM
(#11)

love my play here max value

Old
$3.3R $40K steal/resteal - Tue Jan 10, 2012, 06:54 PM
(#12)

steal/resteal situation

if your going to reraise raise the correct amount to make it believable

Old
goodbye ladies - Wed Jan 11, 2012, 01:28 PM
(#13)

worst flop for my ladies

Old
great play against maniac - Wed Jan 11, 2012, 01:31 PM
(#14)

i check the flop to indue him to bet but he opted to check

so i bet the turn for value and yes the maniac as he is he shoved easy call for me

Old
max value for my best hand - Wed Jan 11, 2012, 01:43 PM
(#15)

pre - standard raise 3BB he called

flop - TP cbet 75% he called

turn - best hand boat i checked to induce bluff

river - he bets and here i think a little bit and i thought he have A too but I got A with the best pair so I shove all in hoping he have A too but better he called with just T

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 03:37 PM
(#16)

as always shovewith any 2 with 10-12BB and hope to get lucky big 11

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 03:39 PM
(#17)
During current Hold'em session you were dealt 106 hands and saw flop:
- 2 out of 11 times while in big blind (18%)
- 1 out of 12 times while in small blind (8%)
- 2 out of 83 times in other positions (2%)
- a total of 5 out of 106 (4%)
Pots won at showdown - 2 of 3 (66%)
Pots won without showdown - 5

im such a nit - big $11

how can i play 4%

Old
big raise means big hand - Thu Jan 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
(#18)

with just over 10BB i was looking to push here but looking at my opp's big raise i thought he have a big hand and I'm right but could have set a set on the river

but still a good fold

Old
tough fold - Thu Jan 12, 2012, 04:21 PM
(#19)

Old
NL10 - Fri Jan 13, 2012, 07:06 PM
(#20)
lucky turn card for my loose passive opp

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com