Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Very Nice Setup

Old
Default
Very Nice Setup - Mon Jan 09, 2012, 03:08 PM
(#1)
RaBBiiTGiiRL's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 972
Nice setup - well atleast for me

PokerStars Game #69998039535: Tournament #545011124, $50+$5 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150)

 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 03:24 PM
(#2)
RaBBiiTGiiRL's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 972
Made 4th, went out with QQ.
Maybe i shld of pushed preflop instead of raising?


Last edited by RaBBiiTGiiRL; Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 03:31 PM..
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 03:26 PM
(#3)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
wow nice score!
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 03:36 PM
(#4)
RaBBiiTGiiRL's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
wow nice score!
Thank you
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 03:56 PM
(#5)
mtnestegg's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,336
Eeeyup! Nice one
I def would have shipped it pre on less than 10 bigs (taking the ante into concideration)
Your never raise folding so might as well get it in pre and max the pressure for a call
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 04:03 PM
(#6)
RaBBiiTGiiRL's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
Eeeyup! Nice one
I def would have shipped it pre on less than 10 bigs (taking the ante into concideration)
Your never raise folding so might as well get it in pre and max the pressure for a call
Thank you

Yes i thought so too, but i thought it a bit toolate
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 04:11 PM
(#7)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,788
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi RaBBiiTGiiRL,

First, CONGRATS on the 4th place

If it was me in the hand, I'd have most likely shoved with the QQ preflop, but may have just standard raised too (depending on the opps and the way they were playing). I'd say I'd shove probably 95% of the time, but with the right table dynamics, I might raise, then shove the flop.

John (JWK24)


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:00 PM
(#8)
RaBBiiTGiiRL's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi RaBBiiTGiiRL,

First, CONGRATS on the 4th place

If it was me in the hand, I'd have most likely shoved with the QQ preflop, but may have just standard raised too (depending on the opps and the way they were playing). I'd say I'd shove probably 95% of the time, but with the right table dynamics, I might raise, then shove the flop.

John (JWK24)
Thank you,

Yes "usually" i do shove when 10bbs left, and ofc I wanted that guy to call with his KT, but...
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:06 PM
(#9)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,788
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I've done the same thing you did here with the QQ, with AA in a live before... and got the same result too (but was J 10 instead of K 10).


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:12 PM
(#10)
RaBBiiTGiiRL's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I've done the same thing you did here with the QQ, with AA in a live before... and got the same result too (but was J 10 instead of K 10).
hehe
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:14 PM
(#11)
joker41673's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,850
The QQ hand you could have raised pre and with your stack size I would have but.....

With the stack size that KTo has I would have called you here too so the results would have been the same.

 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:27 PM
(#12)
RaBBiiTGiiRL's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
The QQ hand you could have raised pre and with your stack size I would have but.....

With the stack size that KTo has I would have called you here too so the results would have been the same.

Hehe yea, and i bet he wld even called me if i did push pre
 
Old
Cool
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 11:47 AM
(#13)
milehigh0874's Avatar
Since: Aug 2011
Posts: 256
that hand was killer for all involved,dont see how anyone would have got away from it ,but congrats to you for gettin the best of it
 
Old
Default
Sun Feb 05, 2012, 11:56 AM
(#14)
RaBBiiTGiiRL's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehigh0874 View Post
that hand was killer for all involved,dont see how anyone would have got away from it ,but congrats to you for gettin the best of it
Thank you
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com