Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

i open shove w/ 72o got called by 75 sweet-big 11

Old
Default
i open shove w/ 72o got called by 75 sweet-big 11 - Mon Jan 09, 2012, 03:58 PM
(#1)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

and because of this hand im sitting with 69BB's as of the moment

i still believe when you have 10BB's you lose already so open shove will give you a chance like this

fight till the end instead of getting blind out
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 04:00 PM
(#2)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
During current Hold'em session you were dealt 106 hands and saw flop:
- 2 out of 10 times while in big blind (20%)
- 0 out of 12 times while in small blind (0%)
- 9 out of 84 times in other positions (10%)
- a total of 11 out of 106 (10%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 4 (75%)
Pots won without showdown - 7

look at my stats 10% flop only that's how im card dead the whole tournament im just being patient waiting for my right spot for 2 hours 11 hands only
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 04:05 PM
(#3)
Django66's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 215
well played u 2.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 04:10 PM
(#4)
mtnestegg's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django66 View Post
well played u 2.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 04:34 PM
(#5)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

i can't fold the turn and river bet that cost me damn
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 04:35 PM
(#6)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post

and because of this hand im sitting with 69BB's as of the moment
i still believe when you have 10BB's you lose already so open shove will give you a chance like this
fight till the end instead of getting blind out

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post
look at my stats 10% flop only that's how im card dead the whole tournament im just being patient waiting for my right spot for 2 hours 11 hands only
I think, that play was totally WRONG
To me, it's just a BRAG and you got LUCKY
If I'm not wrong (PokerStove), you only had 38% vs ANY 2 cards

Therefore you could of been more patient
Been watching you play for a couple of days
Very aggressive, very very lucky, but that's your style
Just today in the Big 11, you were in the money by plenty and now you'll barely make it. Was it worth it?

GL

PS. $3.50 players are not the same as $11 players


Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post

i can't fold the turn and river bet that cost me damn
Being aggressive in position, YES, but you also need the right cards
And you also need to know when to fold

Last edited by Sandtrap777; Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 04:39 PM..
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 04:39 PM
(#7)
Django66's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
PS. $3.50 players are not the same as $11 players

now that is debatable, imo.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 04:43 PM
(#8)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django66 View Post
now that is debatable, imo.
Sorry I'll be more precise
At $3.50, you might have 70% fish and at $11, you might have 50%
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 04:56 PM
(#9)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
good i grinded it back again to more than 30BB hope my opp wont flop trips at the turn again
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:01 PM
(#10)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
I think, that play was totally WRONG
To me, it's just a BRAG and you got LUCKY
If I'm not wrong (PokerStove), you only had 38% vs ANY 2 cards

Therefore you could of been more patient
Been watching you play for a couple of days
Very aggressive, very very lucky, but that's your style
Just today in the Big 11, you were in the money by plenty and now you'll barely make it. Was it worth it?

GL

PS. $3.50 players are not the same as $11 players






Being aggressive in position, YES, but you also need the right cards
And you also need to know when to fold

just asking?

do you think it's best for me fold at the turn TP plus gutshot ?

with lots of chips in the pot i need to fold the river?
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:17 PM
(#11)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post
just asking?

do you think it's best for me fold at the turn TP plus gutshot ?

with lots of chips in the pot i need to fold the river?
I say yes, I'm less aggressive than you (more like, less of a maniac....LOL)
As for lots of chips in the pot, again, aggressive as you are, probably not, but am I willing to lose the tourney just because there's lots of money in the pot NO,
Q9o in button position is part of the list of cards a loose player will play, but they are at the bottom of the list (way way at the bottom). My style of play is a fold
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:21 PM
(#12)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
nit
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:22 PM
(#13)
Django66's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
I say yes, I'm less aggressive than you (more like, less of a maniac....LOL)
looking at marv's stats, i don't really think he/she's a complete maniac, just not very good at picking spots but that's just my opinion, i could be completely wrong on both parts.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:23 PM
(#14)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
WOW....

In the $3.30 re-buy, you went all in with 1010, just short of the bubble and you were plenty in the money and lost...WHY all in pre flop?
You were doing good
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:31 PM
(#15)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django66 View Post
looking at marv's stats, i don't really think he/she's a complete maniac, just not very good at picking spots but that's just my opinion, i could be completely wrong on both parts.
What stats are you looking at to determine if he's aggressive or not?
You can't just look at his winning records, you need to look at his hand history to know how aggressive he his.

I've been watching him play all his games for the last 2 hours, and I can see the aggressiveness in his play

Not that it's wrong, gee look at Durrrr or Isildur1
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:34 PM
(#16)
Django66's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 215
what marv posted,often only playing 10 % of hands or less.

but,then again, i haven't been watching.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:39 PM
(#17)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
WOW....

In the $3.30 re-buy, you went all in with 1010, just short of the bubble and you were plenty in the money and lost...WHY all in pre flop?
You were doing good
i want someone like AQ AK to call me and flip it if i win it i will be close to final table if i lose it's ok i already tired of min cashing i going for the big cash and if im going to flip it over and over again even if it's one player to bubble i'll do it

for me it's profitable to win one - 1st place than to win 18th place 5 times i love to gamble with pairs when its down to 40 players so that if i got called by AK AQ let's try to get lucky

if i lose so be it next game
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:40 PM
(#18)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
Wasn't referring to that 1 stat, but in general
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:42 PM
(#19)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
I say yes, I'm less aggressive than you (more like, less of a maniac....LOL)
As for lots of chips in the pot, again, aggressive as you are, probably not, but am I willing to lose the tourney just because there's lots of money in the pot NO,
Q9o in button position is part of the list of cards a loose player will play, but they are at the bottom of the list (way way at the bottom). My style of play is a fold
looking back my hand i misread my hand which cost me i dont have a gutshot damnit

fold at the turn instantly
 
Old
Default
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:47 PM
(#20)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post
i want someone like AQ AK to call me and flip it if i win it i will be close to final table if i lose it's ok i already tired of min cashing i going for the big cash and if im going to flip it over and over again even if it's one player to bubble i'll do it

for me it's profitable to win one - 1st place than to win 18th place 5 times i love to gamble with pairs when its down to 40 players so that if i got called by AK AQ let's try to get lucky

if i lose so be it next game
No problem, that's what I thought and that's what makes an aggressive player
It's good to have won a few so that your bankroll permits that kind of play. But remember that Russian who won the $215, he also blew it all.
I believe in being aggressive in position with the right cards, but not with any 2 like 27.

I'll keep watching, as I've been learning a bit

Good luck
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com