Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

do i need to fold at the turn ad river?-big11

Old
do i need to fold at the turn ad river?-big11 - Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

this hand cost me my tournament i wasted my opportunity

opp is blind defender he will not give up his blinds easily

i want to keep pressuring my opp because i have a good stacks

flop - i hit TP i think it's good so i cbet

turn - paired the board, i double barreled he min raise - here do i need to fold my TP?

river - i think i was committed here

where did this hand go wrong?

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
as played - his turn raise certainly screams 10 to me, with so little behind in his stack i'm shoving or folding the turn, here i'm folding. probably.

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 06:00 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django66 View Post
as played - his turn raise certainly screams 10 to me, with so little behind in his stack i'm shoving or folding the turn, here i'm folding. probably.

yes your right

my bad

i misread my hand i thought i have gutshot

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 11:33 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Marvin!

Thanks for the read on the opp here, as it helps.

Preflop, I like the raise here, especially against an opp known to defend with a wide range. The BB called, as per the read.

The flop comes Q 10 7. It's good to get top pair here, but the kicker could be a problem, plus there are a number of straight draws out there. The opp checks and I would make a value bet here of about 1/2 pot. I'd bet this amount here, instead of 2/3 to 3/4 pot due to only a straight draw, and not a flush draw.

The turn pairs the board. This could be a problem, as since the opp would call preflop with a wide range, a 10 is within their range. When the opp checks, I would make another value bet (along with to see where I'm at in the hand). I'd bet about 1/3 pot here. That would price out a straight draw. Making the lower bets on the flop/turn also help with pot control due to the low kicker.
When the opp that had been passive the entire hand raises here, that's trouble, because they most likely have a 10. If so, then I would only have two outs, the two remaining Q's and due to that, there is not enough equity in the chips that I'd need to put into the pot here, compared to my hand, so I'm folding here.

I would have used more pot control on the flop and turn and when raised on the turn, folded and preserved my remaining chips.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 08:50 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django66 View Post
+1 but remove two words "shoving" and "probably" fold

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com