Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

Been off a little while...

Old
Been off a little while... - Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
...so I just wanted to say hello.

This move to DC has been very trying on the family. It is finally over except for some unpacking still left. We've unfortunately had Murphy and his law shadowing us much of the way. But we're here and have heat. It just started snowing today and left a nice blanket on the ground.

We had our internet hooked up today and I've genuinely missed all of you and this place.

Please give me just a little time to respond to pm's and anything else I need to.

Thank you all for your kind words of support and well wishes.

Dano

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
WELCOME back Dan

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 05:58 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Wishing you and your family the very best with the new move!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 06:04 PM
(#4)
Nice to see you back!!

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 06:13 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
glad your back Dano!

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 06:15 PM
(#6)
Let me know when you, me and McCriss are going to have a Beer together man. Why hell Moxie might even make a 2 hour trip for that!!!

Hopefully we can and in Northern Virginia too because those D.C. and Maryland cops don't care for the way our tags look or something.

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 07:40 PM
(#7)
Thank you very much everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
Let me know when you, me and McCriss are going to have a Beer together man. Why hell Moxie might even make a 2 hour trip for that!!!

Hopefully we can and in Northern Virginia too because those D.C. and Maryland cops don't care for the way our tags look or something.

No doubt J. I'm in Alexandria, in an area I believe they call Kingstown.

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 08:05 PM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
Welcome back Dano

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 09:12 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Welcome back, Dan. Moving is always hell, but hope you get settled in nicely.

Would love to go out for the beer, but I'm back out in Ohio for a bit(much longer than I wanted to be.) Next time I'm back east, I'm going all the way to Ocean City. And I'm not leaving. Unless it's to go to AC.

If you're going to be taking Metro anywhere, Dan, I suggest you follow @unsuckdcmetro on the Twitter machine. And then I suggest you DO NOT take Metro.

If you like music, you're going to want to check out the 9:30 Club. It's voted best club of the year almost every year for a reason. Merriweather Post Pavilion is also nice once again, since it was taken over by the 9:30 Club folks... Jiffy Lube Live, should be avoided at all costs.

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 09:31 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Good to read this,was about to post a wheres Dan post and burn the forum down.
I will put down the matches and hope your move doesnt turn into a EricnNancy move
As in disappear which I feared had happened.

Hope the family adjusts a little more smoothly for you,best wishes Dan

Old
Mon Jan 09, 2012, 11:53 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
LOL Sorry Dan I've been here so little I didn't know you weren't

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 12:14 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
...so I just wanted to say hello.

This move to DC has been very trying on the family. It is finally over except for some unpacking still left. We've unfortunately had Murphy and his law shadowing us much of the way. But we're here and have heat. It just started snowing today and left a nice blanket on the ground.

We had our internet hooked up today and I've genuinely missed all of you and this place.

Please give me just a little time to respond to pm's and anything else I need to.

Thank you all for your kind words of support and well wishes.

Dano

Glad to see you got settled in OK,Dano. Good to see you back man.

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 12:43 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post

I was gonna say the same thing about my Maryland tags in Virginia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
Welcome back, Dan. Moving is always hell, but hope you get settled in nicely.

Would love to go out for the beer, but I'm back out in Ohio for a bit(much longer than I wanted to be.) Next time I'm back east, I'm going all the way to Ocean City. And I'm not leaving. Unless it's to go to AC.

If you're going to be taking Metro anywhere, Dan, I suggest you follow @unsuckdcmetro on the Twitter machine. And then I suggest you DO NOT take Metro.

If you like music, you're going to want to check out the 9:30 Club. It's voted best club of the year almost every year for a reason. Merriweather Post Pavilion is also nice once again, since it was taken over by the 9:30 Club folks... Jiffy Lube Live, should be avoided at all costs.
The "new" 9:30 club in the old WUST radio building is nicer I guess,but the old 9:30 on F Street (formerly the Atlantis Club) was just a special,special place. Saw Fugazi there more times than I can count,Black Flag (Henry Rollins first band...) there a few times as well. Plus X on the Wild Gift Tour (John Doe,nee Duchac is actually from the same neighborhood I grew up in,3 blocks apart,went to the same grade and junior high schools,though 10 years apart...). And Adrian Belew and the Bears,The Sugarcubes (Bjork's original band y'all...),The BoDeans,The Minutemen (RIP D.Boon),Marti Jones and Don Dixon,the Screaming Blue Messiahs,Husker Du and even some scruffy up and comers called R.E.M. in 1982. Wonder what ever happened to those guys.

And yes,the 9:30 management team taking over the Post can only lead to good things (especially if they whack the Columbia HOA ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
LOL Sorry Dan I've been here so little I didn't know you weren't

So Monty Donk-a-thon and the Quest for the Holy Caps Lock Button was unfruitful?

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:36 AM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
How i stop by every couple of weeks or so.

My kings did kick the Cap's butt tonight

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 10:24 AM
(#15)
Since: Feb 2011
Welcome back dan! And welcome to cold country not this yr yet but you wait..

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 11:31 AM
(#16)
howdy dano,

great to have you back

cheers

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 08:51 PM
(#17)
Thanks again everyone, it is very appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Good to read this,was about to post a wheres Dan post and burn the forum down.
I will put down the matches and hope your move doesnt turn into a EricnNancy move
As in disappear which I feared had happened.

Hope the family adjusts a little more smoothly for you,best wishes Dan
Thanks dirty cookie,
Nah...I have way too much love and respect for the peeps here. If I was leaving, I would never do so without saying goodbye.

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 08:55 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 01:22 AM
(#19)
Get settled grab a beer and head to the tank for a friendly game Dano.

Good Luck in your new diggs hope everything runs smooth from here on out.

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 06:14 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Nice list Mox. I was too young to make the old 9:30 by a couple years, but I was there for opening night of the "new" club. It's one of my favorite places ever. Feels like home.

Who is this R.E.M. of which you speak? And I'm sure you've heard about Fugazi releasing 800-something of their shows that they recorded.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com