Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

I'm a newbie who doesn't understand "random"

Old
I'm a newbie who doesn't understand "random" - Tue Jan 10, 2012, 09:14 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
you guys suck people cant learn to play poker on here until you get better softwere i have been keepin track of hands and there always the same if you go on a k a low straight for some idiot comes always you go all in on say 48 offsuit you hit your hand thats all i got to say i was doing this for the past year and its a very high percentage of shit like this happening get your sht together people im not the only one who knows it either...i play alot of live poker and this rarly happens !!!!!e amount of donks on pokerstars also is dumb how can you learn good fun poker with people goin all in everyhand!!!ats wat i got to say about all this................

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 11:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Its good that you have been keeping a track.

some some questions for you,

1. what software did you use to track?
2. how many hands in your sample?
3. What % of times have you pushed all in with AK pre flop and lost?
4. What % of times have you pushed all in with AK on flop with top pair and lost?
5. What % of times have you pushed all in with AK on flop with a draw and lost?
6. How many tables do you play at one time?
7. What level do you play here at pokerstars vs what level do you play live?

thanks

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 11:39 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
A newbie playing the same old record. Heard it before and every time it comes with nothing as empiracal evidence. Give us the numbers, not speculation. Then tell us how you acquired these numbers so others can verify your results.

If you think I'm buying the PokerStars line, you should know this. At one time, I too believed the site's software rigged to give the losing / worse hand the win. Every time I had the monster pair, it lost. Not sometimes, every time. I wasn't the only person screaming about this apparent violation to the law of averages.

Unlike you, I decided to acquire the proof. I tracked every group one and group two hand dealt to me. If the results of these ten hands, which were suppose to be the best in poker, lost on a consistent basis, I could substanciate my claim with facts.

Over a six-month period, I recorded and reported my results to the site. An amazing thing happened. Instead of my numbers proving the site's RNG was rigged, it supported the exact opposite. The numbers supported the randomness. I'm now a staunch backer of the site's software integrity.

Want an example? You know the power of the pocket aces. It is the top ranked hold cards. As I remember from other sources, these cards should win 85% of the time when head-to-head. Now my survey encompassed every game situation, from the one-on-one to the multiple callers. It included slow play and the proverbial shovemonkey reaction. When Black Friday stopped me, my pocket aces had a win rate of 87%, which is in line with poker statistics.

The real reason you believe the software is defective is human nature. Take this simple test. When was the last time you lost pocket aces? If you are like me, you'll recall the board, the betting sequence, and what the other player(s) had, and what beat your hand. Now reverse that memory test by recalling the details of your last win with pocket aces. I sincerely doubt you can. Human nature has you forget the details when the results match your expectation, but you do remember when the unexpected happens.

So where is your empiracal evidence to support your claim? I have mine and it's still available for review. Tell us how you amassed your evidence so others can duplicate your study. Words are cheap. Show us the proof.

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 11:44 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
Ummmm this is PSO support. Not PS . UMMM and do you think the sofware knows who's going to play what?
If I have AA and 8 other ppl want to get it in preflop, i'll oblige them every time.
I may be less than 50% to win, but i'll take 40ish % chance to 9X my stack every single time.. Wouldn't you?

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 11:47 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
go to hell jackass

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 11:52 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
go to hell jackass
you really gotta come out of your shell man!

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 11:58 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
lol all I say is play 1000 hands where I have to, and you will see real bad beats haha

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 12:10 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
lol all I say is play 1000 hands where I have to, and you will see real bad beats haha
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL +1,000,000,000

You know i'm right there with ya roomy!! But i will say you can adapt a strategy against those lucktards.

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 12:13 PM
(#9)
You guys play diamond in the rough yes?

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 12:16 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
yes lol

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 12:19 PM
(#11)
i don't

wish we were allowed to say / i don't mind PM'n you if you really want to know

all i believe i can say here is I play at ID, FS, MP and CP(not the diamond)

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 12:32 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
You guys play diamond in the rough yes?

I'll also play clubs, hearts, and spades.

But back to topic. We all hear the cry of "this site is rigged" from every newbie that comes to the forum. It is almost a requirement to post here. What we should be doing is asking for the data that proves the statement. Nobody ever does.

What the majority of posters on this forum forget is that poker is a game of chance. Yes, there is a skill element to it, and everyone focuses on that alone. The truth is that if the deal is an honest one, then chance can have any card hit the board. We have all lost that "only one card can hurt me" hands.

Remember the old question about the glass of water?

Optimist = pocket aces have an 85% chance of winning.
Pessimist = pocket aces have a 15% chance to lose.
Conspiracy = pocket aces will lose if you're all-in.
Whiny = pocket aces never win.
Lucky = who needs pocket aces?

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 12:51 PM
(#13)
Oh ppl ask alright...lol but nobody EVER supplies it. Hmmm.. Wonder why...
And I really woulnt say most posters, but ya, there are a few. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A FEW...

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 12:58 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post

But back to topic. We all hear the cry of "this site is rigged" from every newbie that comes to the forum. It is almost a requirement to post here. What we should be doing is asking for the data that proves the statement. Nobody ever does.

What the majority of posters on this forum forget is that poker is a game of chance. Yes, there is a skill element to it, and everyone focuses on that alone. The truth is that if the deal is an honest one, then chance can have any card hit the board. We have all lost that "only one card can hurt me" hands.

Superbrat = I can dodge bullets baby!

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:04 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post

Does anyone remember 3 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=591Myl9x4uw

ooo its live !!

Grade b

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:13 PM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
u should be able to learn how to play good poker against donks. they aren't doing anything illegal out there. learn to adjust and start seeing the money flow ur way

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:14 PM
(#17)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Does anyone remember 3 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=591Myl9x4uw

ooo its live !!

Grade b
lol yeah i remember that vividly, thx for the reminder! that was my first experience of tom dwan, and he has certainly proved that he is a winning poker player, to say the least!

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 02:34 PM
(#18)
Since: Apr 2011
** Moved ** to appropriate area and title edited.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

Ed (flophitter)

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 02:40 PM
(#19)
Since: Sep 2010
lol @"title edited"

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
While I find the edited title pretty damn funny, I really don't think this is a road I want to see the moderators travel down. It's very, very shady.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com