Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Call or Fold on River?

Old
Call or Fold on River? - Tue Jan 10, 2012, 12:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
playing 19 / 16 over 75 hands was defending blinds aggressively quite high 3bet in both SB and BB

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Lol is this a trick question?
There's exactly 4 hands that have you beat here 3 combos of AA an 1 combo 33
I think that sums up my answer..
Oh! And ouch. I think you played it great.

Last edited by mtnestegg; Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 02:53 PM..

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Dive,

I would never, ever fold to his river raise. Ever. (And I pretty much never say never ever in poker too lol)

Like mtn said you have the 3rd nuts. The villain hasn't even played his hand consistently with how we'd expect him to play AA (I'm a bit surprised he had it tbh). But we're only losing to that and quads. Other hands you'll see players turn over here: 88, A3, 3x, flushes, AT... and then there's the spaz factor hands (like where a villain overvalues AK/AQ, tries some silly bluff repping the ace, etc). All in all, yes it's possible you're beat, but it's not probable, and in fact vs. a reasonable range of hands the villain can play in this manner you're actually a huge favorite to have the winner. I would play it exactly the way you did every time, put him the rest of the way in to maximize value from his range as we should be good way more often than not in this spot.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 03:14 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
oh well.. i think u did play the hand good.. just unlucky that he had AA lol

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 03:29 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi Dive,

I would never, ever fold to his river raise. Ever. (And I pretty much never say never ever in poker too lol)
should be good way more often than not in this spot.

Dave
You forgot a couple dave. Let me help you out...way, way, way, way, way

Old
If - Tue Jan 10, 2012, 03:38 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2011
If we start folding when we dont have the 1st nuts we would be better stop playing... shove it and if it ends up badly just try not to tilt! One day you will be the lucky one mate.

Etienne

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 05:48 PM
(#7)
Ty for all feedback I am just trying to determine that am not spewing

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 11:52 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Hi all!

+1 to what everyone has said.

Going to the river your SPR is under 3.

I'd be sick to my stomach if I folded your boat and he showed AT or A3 after building that large a pot with a near lock on the hand...

Just cooler...but they happen.

Double Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com