Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Cowboy Steps Into It

Old
Cowboy Steps Into It - Tue Jan 10, 2012, 12:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
I see on the home page that Chris has a live lesson, in about 24 hrs from now.

Is anyone doing it?

And Chris, if you read this, why don't they put the cost on the details....I will have to leave a gap in my plans to see if I have to pay by their silly VPPP jobbies or not!!

Richard

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Hello Weasel thank you for pointing this out. I am not in fact playing the STEP's as I gave it a shot and was unsuccessful. My specialty is STT and so I will be playing the $15 9man's.
The STEP's are a $7.50 buy in.

Keep the questions coming and good luck on the felts.

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:24 PM
(#3)
ok thank you Chris....

are there any ones I can paticipate in, SNG, OR MTT, for a lower buy-in? up to $2?

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:51 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselBasher View Post
And Chris, if you read this, why don't they put the cost on the details
Hi,

The class you're asking about has a 20+ vpp restriction, it does indicate this on the registration page. You have to have at least this many to view the class, but they do not take the vpp's from your account so it's not actually a cost, just a requirement that you have them.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:56 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi,

The class you're asking about has a 20+ vpp restriction, it does indicate this on the registration page. You have to have at least this many to view the class, but they do not take the vpp's from your account so it's not actually a cost, just a requirement that you have them.

Dave

One of the best moves PSs has done to stifle Americans who would like to improve while waiting in limbo.

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:57 PM
(#6)
thanks Dave...just looked again, and apologies for my short-sightedness. I didn't realise that you just had to be that VPP level....many thanks for clearing that up for me. We want another Tourney night with Dave!!!! yay!!!!!!!

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 02:31 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Yeah, I know it's a tough spot for American members. The restrictions were always coming, but the events around Black Friday make this particularly difficult.

On the bright side, there are still plenty of learning opportunities that have no vpp restriction (come join us sometime joker), and if/when US members are able to earn vpp's again, you'll be able to access from the video archive once you do, so you can catch up then if desired.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 03:13 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
I have more than enough VPP'S yet still cant view

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 03:19 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Yeah, I know it's a tough spot for American members. The restrictions were always coming, but the events around Black Friday make this particularly difficult.

Dave
eeyup. I've not been attending near as much as b4 the VPP requirements were initiated.
I was really disappointed at this development.
Most of what I like at live training now has this wall in my american face. But whatcha gonna do.
It would really be nice if occasionally some of the higher buy in reveiws had that veil lifted, so we all could benifit from reveiws that have a little more of a higher thought process to get deep in.
Not just your standard " at this level player are generaly very weak so we can....." Kind of thing.

It would also be nice to see if there's is a requirement in the lil description windows on the home page so we dont have to go to reg. Page b4 our heart sinks. It could just sink at the home page instead
it seems to me that would be very simple to do. My .02¢ MT

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 03:23 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
I have more than enough VPP'S yet still cant view
Make that fpps and so could I .
But as we all know fpps sre worthless

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 03:29 PM
(#11)
Quote:

On the bright side, there are still plenty of learning opportunities that have no vpp restriction (come join us sometime joker), and if/when US members are able to earn vpp's again, you'll be able to access from the video archive once you do, so you can catch up then if desired.

Dave
I appreciate it Dave, really I do and this wasn't directed at you personally I realize that you have no control over these things. I just felt like venting a bit.

A lot of the course that Americans can see I did while we were here and though I'm sure there are a lot more now the truth is I (and possibly many other Americans) felt abandoned by Pokerstars for this and other actions they took from us such as the ability to say "Hi" to our friends while they play the league or any other game that we can't play. So while some of us have stayed true to PS others like myself had to seek other venues for our education. A player has to be able to learn after all is done and said. I can tell you that my ability has improved since BF and that's mostly due to the fact that I was still a newb to this game on that day because I have only played Texas Hold 'em since joining here September 2010 so I barely had 7 months in this game by then which was most likely a crucial point in my learning how to play this game efficiently and be effective with my plays. I would guess that's why I'm bitter about all of this.

I'll see you on the felt soon enough I'm sure of it. EVEN IF I HAVE TO MOVE TO CANADA TO DO SO!!!!!! Watch out Eff, I'll be looking for that key to the cabinet!!

@Roomy
You and me both have enough points but the points required have to of been made the previous month just like the league payouts.

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 03:31 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
Make that fpps and so could I .
But as we all know fpps sre worthless
lollololol

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 03:40 PM
(#13)
Actually roomy I just went into the lobby and it appears that since we didn't use them they have disappeared for the new year.

YAAAAAAAAAY

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 04:23 PM
(#14)
Humph. Whoda thunk.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com