Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Darkmajik365's 6max grind from 2nl and up!

Old
Darkmajik365's 6max grind from 2nl and up! - Tue Jan 10, 2012, 10:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi forum members,

After following Felix's blog and live training sessions I have decided to give grinding the 6max tables from 2nl and up a really good go. Despite my attempts towards the end of 2011 to reach 10nl along with Felix i was unable to complete this challenge. Rather than conceding defeat I have decided to start afresh in 2012 with an $80 bankroll and focus my efforts on grinding up and out of the micros. After spending the first few days of January re-watching Felix's and daves recorded lessons and reviewing my play from my previous attempt its time to "get back up on the horse" so to speak. I have decided to set myself a few rules:
1) play 1 or 2 tables at most and work on my game slowly making the right decisions, this is a marathon grind not a sprint.
2) Play and enjoy myself, if it feels like a chore take a breather as playing my 'A' game is definitely effected when i am playing just for volume.
3) Focus on this format of game, before i was playing so many different things (mtts, sng's plo etc.)

Starting bankroll: $80
Starting limit:2NL

Current Bankroll: $105.12
Total # of hands played: 1702
Current limit: 2NL/5NL

Last edited by darkmajik365; Sun Apr 15, 2012 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: update bankroll

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 10:29 PM
(#2)
Have started extremely well, once i learn how to import graphs and hands i will submit them as i provide updates on my grind, will look to update as often as possible probably every few hundred hands.

Old
Tue Jan 10, 2012, 10:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Best of luck, and good work so far.

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 08:49 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaxwell View Post
Best of luck, and good work so far.
Thankyou swax

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 11:14 PM
(#5)
Finally got the hand re player to work, here is the biggest pot i have won so far:

Last edited by darkmajik365; Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM..

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 11:52 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Nice boat!!!

Old
Mon Jan 23, 2012, 10:24 PM
(#7)
Have not been able to get in many hands these past few days, managed to play a very small session of 16 hands but made $2.03.
Here is the biggest win of that session:

Opponent takes a strong line donking into me nearly 75% of the pot, i decided to set him all in as i couldn't see him folding any draw or strong 2 pair hand like he had, a normal size raise could have put me in trouble if a draw made it on the turn so just decided to charge him the max believing he would never fold in that spot and so no difficult decision on a bad turn card.
There are 2 other hands i have played recently in the nlhe cash game analysis section if anyone is interested in seeing any other hands.

Last edited by darkmajik365; Mon Jan 23, 2012 at 10:31 PM..

Old
Thu Mar 01, 2012, 12:49 PM
(#8)
Had a longish break from my grind after accepting a stake for marvinsytan and have had some decent success in grinding my bankroll up a little more, however now is the time to re focus on my grind whist continuing with my stake. Back into the action it was and here is the biggest hand since continuing:

Decided to donk bet pretty big into the preflop raiser as this is a board texture i expect him to hit pretty hard with his 4x UTG raising range and he raises huge allowing me to easily 3bet ship all in with bottom set, if he had a bigger set good luck to him. Have been running well when it comes to hitting sets and seem to be able to almost always get max value. Opponent held pocket aces but it doesn't show up for some reason

Last edited by darkmajik365; Thu Mar 01, 2012 at 12:51 PM..

Old
Tue Apr 10, 2012, 09:28 PM
(#9)
After grinding some sit and gos to rebuild my roll after I withdrew im continuing with my grind, managed to play some sessions this month about 400 hands so far and made just over $2.00. Getting close to the $20 profit mark where i will have to decide whether to take a shot or play the conservative approach, think i will refresh my mind by re watching some of xflixxs 2 and 5nl videos to be prepared for a shot take if i need to.

Old
Fri Apr 13, 2012, 11:21 AM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hi darkmajik365,

if you don't feel like switching limits up and down you can wait until you have like 10 stacks for 5NL and try the shot then - or even grind it out until you have the $200 in your account. It really depends on how you think you can handle if your 4 stack shot goes wrong and you have to start all over again.

GL with your grind and keep up the thread!

Live Trainer

Old
Sun Apr 15, 2012, 08:50 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
Hi darkmajik365,

if you don't feel like switching limits up and down you can wait until you have like 10 stacks for 5NL and try the shot then - or even grind it out until you have the $200 in your account. It really depends on how you think you can handle if your 4 stack shot goes wrong and you have to start all over again.

GL with your grind and keep up the thread!
Thanks for your feedback felix, I will definitely be trying to play more regularly and keep this thread updated regularly aswell as I have been taking longer breaks than I had planned too due to needing to re grind my bankroll back up to the required level. I have decided to take the shot at 5nl and it has started pretty well so far, thanks for reading the thread.

Old
Sun Apr 15, 2012, 09:38 PM
(#12)
Have managed to grind up $20 through 2NL and have decided to take the aggressive route to bankroll management and take a shot at 5NL. Have finally learnt how to post up pictures so here are my stats for the hands i have played at 2NL so far:

My shot at 5NL has started well and i have currently managed to make a $4.77 profit through the first 132 hands so in total so far I have a $25.12 profit through 1570 hands of 2NL and 132 hands of 5NL.

Last edited by darkmajik365; Sun Apr 15, 2012 at 09:45 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com