Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Suggestions from an American

Old
Suggestions from an American - Wed Jan 11, 2012, 02:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
I understand why we can't play cash but can not understand why Pokerstars doesn't do more to retain the American market. We had to of been at least the top 3rd of the amount of players from a country so wouldn't it make sense to keep us here until when we can play cash again?

Here's some ideas I've had to do this.

1) Set up a special PSO playchip tourneys so that we can play with our PSO friends once again.
2) Set up special play chip tourneys just for Americans with bonus chips added. If we can't play for cash at least we could all become play chip millionaires. LOL
3) Lift the chat restrictions on league games and cash tourneys so we can say hi to our friends as we rail them. This would especially be good as these friends of ours are winning the MOTW/MOTM prizes.

These things alone would do wonders to retain this viable market and isn't that important?

Lastly I would also like to ask if it could be possible to allow Home Club managers to import a custom back ground to the club tables to further customize our clubs.

Thank you,
Jason

Added:
Forgot to make this request also. Could there be a way that players are free from chat bans on PS while playing in a home game? Managers have a mute button to use and they are the chat mods for the club since there is no "call chat moderator" option in a home club?

Last edited by joker41673; Wed Jan 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: Added another

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 03:33 PM
(#2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
I understand why we can't play cash but can not understand why Pokerstars doesn't do more to retain the American market. We had to of been at least the top 3rd of the amount of players from a country so wouldn't it make sense to keep us here until when we can play cash again?

Here's some ideas I've had to do this.

1) Set up a special PSO playchip tourneys so that we can play with our PSO friends once again.
2) Set up special play chip tourneys just for Americans with bonus chips added. If we can't play for cash at least we could all become play chip millionaires. LOL
3) Lift the chat restrictions on league games and cash tourneys so we can say hi to our friends as we rail them. This would especially be good as these friends of ours are winning the MOTW/MOTM prizes.

These things alone would do wonders to retain this viable market and isn't that important?

Lastly I would also like to ask if it could be possible to allow Home Club managers to import a custom back ground to the club tables to further customize our clubs.

Thank you,
Jason

THIS.

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 03:35 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
+1 #3 especially. It realy sucks being excluded from even railing folks. I feel like brkn..

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 03:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
I understand that a judge in the USA has overturned the previous judgement on online gambling. We'll have to see what happens

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 06:35 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sable60 View Post
I understand that a judge in the USA has overturned the previous judgement on online gambling. We'll have to see what happens
Sable,

Check this article out for a clearer picture of this Justice Department opinion.

Joe

Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Wed Jan 11, 2012 at 07:07 PM..

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 06:39 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
Sable,

Check this [HTML=http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/12/us-department-of-justice-wire-act-applies-to-sporting-events-11711.htm]article[/HTML] out for a clearer picture of this Justice Department opinion.

Joe
Link doesn't work Joe

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 06:46 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/1...ents-11711.htm

Now it does.

edit: "The DOJ has released its opinion on the Wire Act, but it was careful not to touch the Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act, only to say: “In light of that conclusion, we need not consider how to reconcile the Wire Act with UIGEA, because the Wire Act does not apply in this situation. Accordingly, we express no view about the proper interpretation or scope of UIGEA.

WHAT? They don't have an opinion about how to properly interpret a law they used to take down online poker? Finally the government admits it has no idea what it's doing... WTF...

Last edited by mcrissinger; Wed Jan 11, 2012 at 06:50 PM..

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 07:08 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
Link doesn't work Joe

Fixed

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 07:24 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/1...ents-11711.htm

Now it does.

edit: "The DOJ has released its opinion on the Wire Act, but it was careful not to touch the Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act, only to say: “In light of that conclusion, we need not consider how to reconcile the Wire Act with UIGEA, because the Wire Act does not apply in this situation. Accordingly, we express no view about the proper interpretation or scope of UIGEA.

WHAT? They don't have an opinion about how to properly interpret a law they used to take down online poker? Finally the government admits it has no idea what it's doing... WTF...

If I remember correctly MC,when the indictments were filed back in April they were ALL directed at the banking transaction aspects of the sites in question and thus the Wire Act was the statute cited. They expressly did NOT question the validity of on-line poker,the game itself, in the charging documents. Therefore the UIGEA idiocy was never even broached to begin with,so no surprise that they steered away from commenting on it in this release.

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 08:44 PM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2010
I love the fact that there are so many of our American friends still here and contributing to the forum. You are all valued members, kudos for sticking around, and I hope you will be back playing for $'s in the near future.

And I think Joker's ideas are great.

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 08:59 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaxwell View Post
I love the fact that there are so many of our American friends still here and contributing to the forum. You are all valued members, kudos for sticking around, and I hope you will be back playing for $'s in the near future.

And I think Joker's ideas are great.

Thanks for the good thoughts Swax. We miss being in the trenches with all of you big time.

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 09:59 PM
(#12)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
While I do think Joker has some good ideas, I feel the need to express my opinion regarding the subject.

First, Pokerstars voluntarily banned all US players to appease the DOJ. They don't want anything to do with us. Something to do with 3 billion dollars the DOJ is demanding payment for lol... Pokerstars isn't going to do anything that is blatantly trying to attract US players real money or not.

Second, online play money poker simply isn't the same as real money poker. Not even the same game at all in my opinion. You might as well be trying to get the US real money market to give free Scrabble a try.

Third, Pokerstars would make zero dollars from the US market. Therefore if they spend any effort at all on the US market it will be a net loss for them. Makes no business sense. Sure they could take the loss and build a US play money play base hoping they will someday be able to accept US players again. Problem is there is still a good chance US players and Pokerstars will never cross paths again even when online poker gets fixed within the US. Who knows though, have to wait it out while this all gets hashed out by the courts.

Old
Wed Jan 11, 2012, 11:07 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
While I do think Joker has some good ideas, I feel the need to express my opinion regarding the subject.

First, Pokerstars voluntarily banned all US players to appease the DOJ. They don't want anything to do with us. Something to do with 3 billion dollars the DOJ is demanding payment for lol... Pokerstars isn't going to do anything that is blatantly trying to attract US players real money or not.

Second, online play money poker simply isn't the same as real money poker. Not even the same game at all in my opinion. You might as well be trying to get the US real money market to give free Scrabble a try.

Third, Pokerstars would make zero dollars from the US market. Therefore if they spend any effort at all on the US market it will be a net loss for them. Makes no business sense. Sure they could take the loss and build a US play money play base hoping they will someday be able to accept US players again. Problem is there is still a good chance US players and Pokerstars will never cross paths again even when online poker gets fixed within the US. Who knows though, have to wait it out while this all gets hashed out by the courts.
I see where you are coming from but I would have to disagree

1st these ideas wouldn't be in any way construed as a way to attract US players since it wouldn't be advertised in the lobby and only be for players who are members of the PSO or in the other case only for the American who are still here.

2nd i think these games could play better with this format of only Americans or PSO members instead of the normal push or fold games. If they did still play bad well then what's the difference from what we do have?

3rd any effort to appease American players would make plenty of sense businesslike because of the retention of players instead of the steady exodus we have had since 4/15. And yes I do believe that we will be back. How soon? who knows but it will happen.

Last edited by joker41673; Wed Jan 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM..

Old
Thu Jan 12, 2012, 01:34 AM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2010
Our American friends have always been a valued part of the forum, that hasn't changed. There are a number of them that have been analysing hands, and working to help anyone that wants to learn.

This poker community is a powerful thing, even the US government can't stop it. Personally, I can't wait till they are allowed to play again.

Miss ALL YOU AMERICANS!!!!!

Old
Thu Jan 12, 2012, 08:14 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Moxie and I have conflicting ideas regarding this issue. Not worth the rehash, just going to say this isn't going to be resolved until the criminal charges have been cleared. There is enough reason to believe Americans will eventually return to cheque play. The only thing unclear is the timing.

And yes, I miss the league. Will be interesting to see what reaction the PSO will have when we do return.

If I remember right, the idea of a chip league has been broached many times and it is not going to happen. PSO claims they are unable to track results without a cash prize. So forget that idea.

Considering the insults and vulgarity allowed by PokerStars in their millenium hand promotion, banning chat is something I support. Sure wish the site ENFORCED such a restriction on the millenium hands. Worse part is that the site claimed they cannot record or see observer chat, so imagine the comments some of our bad boys, both American and non-American, would be making if observer chat was allowed.

Old
Thu Jan 12, 2012, 08:54 AM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
Moxie and I have conflicting ideas regarding this issue. Not worth the rehash, just going to say this isn't going to be resolved until the criminal charges have been cleared. There is enough reason to believe Americans will eventually return to cheque play. The only thing unclear is the timing.

And yes, I miss the league. Will be interesting to see what reaction the PSO will have when we do return.

If I remember right, the idea of a chip league has been broached many times and it is not going to happen. PSO claims they are unable to track results without a cash prize. So forget that idea.

Considering the insults and vulgarity allowed by PokerStars in their millenium hand promotion, banning chat is something I support. Sure wish the site ENFORCED such a restriction on the millenium hands. Worse part is that the site claimed they cannot record or see observer chat, so imagine the comments some of our bad boys, both American and non-American, would be making if observer chat was allowed.
A few things:
We have all heard you express your pessimism towards our eventual return to PS and to be honest Cairn it doesn't belong here but for as many times I've derailed a thread I won't hold that against anyone.

Another thing is I in no way mention anything about a play chip league. I would just like the tourney set up for PSO members only to join and another for just Americans.

Lastly about the chat. What does this statement of yours have to do with lifting those restrictions while participating in a Home Game? I wasn't suggesting to lift the chat ban so that player would still not be allowed to chat on a regular table. It's my opinion that since the chat moderation falls into the duties of the club manager (with the use of the "mute player" button) and the calling of a chat moderator is impossible while in a Home Game then any chat ban that player has from his actions outside the club should stand but lifted while in the club.
As far as the chat restrictions for the cash and league games go I agree that if you abuse the privileges of chat then a chat ban should be placed but to deny us the ability to rail and support our friends is a disservice to us and the other players we'd support so I fail to see the bearing of your comment to either of these situations.

Old
Sat Jan 28, 2012, 11:35 AM
(#17)
This has now become another example of how Americans if not all members here are just being ignored.

Eleven days now and still no response!!!!

It has now come to our attention that one of the people who used to be a part of the PSO staff is dare I say "Banned" for expressing his thoughts about what is wrong with this site? To my understanding it is because he was "exposing the inner workings of the PSO and internal affairs are not discussed in the forum"?

Apparently no-one read my post responding to that quote of all of us were already fully aware of the "shambles" this place has become from the inside out.

Free the Cat!!

Old
Sat Jan 28, 2012, 11:36 AM
(#18)
Honestly,

What's the point of having a support thread if there isn't going to be any?

Free the Cat!!!

Old
Sat Jan 28, 2012, 11:41 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Knock knock

Old
Sat Jan 28, 2012, 11:47 AM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Knock knock

Ha Ha Roomy

You know that I wouldn't care if they did. Almost all of our American (and some non-American) friends are at other sites that I guess should start getting used to being called "Home".

And besides, Even if they booted me altogether I would still be able to watch EVERY training session so besides all the BS around here what would I miss?

Free the Cat!!!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com