Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

what is my opp's hand? - $5.5 $15

Old
what is my opp's hand? - $5.5 $15 - Thu Jan 12, 2012, 01:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

opp#1 and opp#2 i saw them limp random hands so i was trying to steal their chips

worst 5 players in the pot

i hit TPMK being the aggressor and I hit TP let's see where am I at?

turn - this is the problem looking at the board I can see FD/SD which is easily my opp range I double barrel and of course my opp use the C/R option and I need to fold even if I already put 50% of my stacks

very poor play by me

now im thinking i shouldn't have played this hand or just check the turn for pot control but i don't want my opp to get a free card

help sir

Old
Thu Jan 12, 2012, 02:09 PM
(#2)
looking back i think i should have bet 50% pot size on the turn much better will save me chips

Old
Thu Jan 12, 2012, 02:13 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2011
It kind of depends on the limpers. They limp random hands, but how loose are they when facing a raise? If you have a feeling they're gonna fold and won't just call it off, I like the raise. But the moment there are 4 people coming into the pot, I'm going to be pretty much done with the hand.

Then we flop the top pair, but our kicker isn't the greatest. Any AQ, KQ could have called our raise as they'd be priced in. I like the flop bet, but once that doesn't win me the pot, I think I'm done with this hand.

--------------------------------------------
keeping track of my poker semi-career: ov3rsight.blog.com

Old
Thu Jan 12, 2012, 02:18 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ov3rsight View Post
It kind of depends on the limpers. They limp random hands, but how loose are they when facing a raise? If you have a feeling they're gonna fold and won't just call it off, I like the raise. But the moment there are 4 people coming into the pot, I'm going to be pretty much done with the hand.

Then we flop the top pair, but our kicker isn't the greatest. Any AQ, KQ could have called our raise as they'd be priced in. I like the flop bet, but once that doesn't win me the pot, I think I'm done with this hand.

--------------------------------------------
keeping track of my poker semi-career: ov3rsight.blog.com
your right i should have stop betting the turn

save my chips to early to risking my chips

Old
Thu Jan 12, 2012, 06:31 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Hi Marvin! Dangerous hand that Q9. One of the most troublesome of all. (Q9 and J8 are both really high on the list). Q9o is a definite reverse-implied odds sufferer, so I like that you raise rather than limp in preflop. I think folding is better though. Doesn't look like you have much fold equity, but at least you have position.

Definitely checking back at least one of those streets with top pair bad kicker. It's not really top pair mid kicker since while yes, there are four worse kickers than yours, Q7, Q6, Q4, Q2, they are not likely. You can bet the flop, but then definitely checking back the turn. That 5 really doesn't change anything, and it makes a bad bluff card. You could bet tiny to look weak. This should polarize his range if he shoves. If he only shoves better it's an easy fold, but if he senses weakness he may shove wide in which case it's an easy call. You do need a read to know which to choose though. Personally I'm just checking it back and trying to get to showdown. Maybe I can catch a river bluff.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com