Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Good news for US players...

Old
Default
Good news for US players... - Thu Jan 12, 2012, 11:13 PM
(#1)
1st Mate 08's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 221
According to PokerStars Security, the Hubble Tournaments are considered "Play Money" and (In my opinion) therefore US players should be allowed to play.

I reported a multi-accounter to PS and they said that the Hubble tournament was considered a "Play Money" tournament. This was NOT the first time I reported a multi-accounter from such a tourney but it was the first time they said it was ok to cheat.

Hope to see the US players soon...(Not Pres Bruno.)


Cheers

1st
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 07:03 AM
(#2)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
hmmmm
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 09:08 AM
(#3)
Cairn Destop's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,477
BronzeStar
On Black Friday I asked the same question about playing the astrology freerolls. According to support, since the game offers a prize that can be used in a cheque game, American players cannot participate. Yeah, it's a bummer.

As to cheating in chip play games, there was another thread on this forum where support is quoted as saying such actions are allowed. Since chips have no cash value, nothing is gained by cheating, so anyone doing it gains nothing.

Your statement about them ignoring a cheat in the astrology freeroll does seem to be a contradiction. Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing at Support.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 09:51 AM
(#4)
RockerguyAA's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,089
BronzeStar
This is not good news...
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 10:01 AM
(#5)
joker41673's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
On Black Friday I asked the same question about playing the astrology freerolls. According to support, since the game offers a prize that can be used in a cheque game, American players cannot participate. Yeah, it's a bummer.

As to cheating in chip play games, there was another thread on this forum where support is quoted as saying such actions are allowed. Since chips have no cash value, nothing is gained by cheating, so anyone doing it gains nothing.

Your statement about them ignoring a cheat in the astrology freeroll does seem to be a contradiction. Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing at Support.

I must have missed that one!!!

Don't they know that play chips are being sold at the rate of $4-$8 per million chips?
So yes they do have value.

 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 10:11 AM
(#6)
mtnestegg's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,336
Eeeyup.... They dont care if ppl cheat in play money..
However, the freerolls have prize payouts so def souldn't be construed that way.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:36 PM
(#7)
Cairn Destop's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,477
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
I must have missed that one!!!

Don't they know that play chips are being sold at the rate of $4-$8 per million chips?
So yes they do have value.



Why would anyone pay for chips? If you run low or out, a click of the mouse will regain a reasonable bankroll. When I hit the million dollar mark, I'll have to go searching for such a fool. Be a great way to finance my initial bankroll once Americans are allowed back.

As to the cheat thread, think a member caught two players chatting in a foreign language and telling each other what they held. Don't remember if this was a chip ring game or tourney. When the person reported it, PokerStars support claimed they didn't investigate cheating on chip tables since there is no hand history maintained by the site and since chips have no cash value, anyone cheating gains nothing.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:42 PM
(#8)
joker41673's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,850
when you go low (below a 100) you can chip up for 1k

that's a big difference from 1mil.

 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:59 PM
(#9)
Cairn Destop's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,477
BronzeStar
A thousand in chips will get you into most games, both ring and tourneys. If I remember right, you can reload several times per day. So chips can be obtained without restrictions.


Though I do see where some would prefer a sizable bankroll. If you wanted to play in some of the more pricy games. Like I said, hope I can find a person willing to take my $million. I'll sell them all for the price of a 25¢ Cowboy challenge. ($6.25)

Gives me even more incentive to go to the next level in my 100 orbit challenge.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 03:01 PM
(#10)
mtnestegg's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,336
You can chip back up to 1000 three times an hour max, If I remember right. Might have changed by now I guess too though. That give you 3 sng buyins at 320 ( lowest level?) Not sure bout that though
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 03:12 PM
(#11)
joker41673's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,850
the players are better when you get to 81k

 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 06:01 PM
(#12)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Whether or not Stars sees the Astronomers as play money in terms of rules enforcement (personally Matey I would send the infraction in again and ask for a clarification from a supervisor at support on that one...) is quite simply immaterial as it relates to the US players. Our government doesn't want us playing here for money as of the indictments filed on 4/15 and since the Astronomers ARE a potential gateway to EXACTLY that,what Stars opinion is on this is meaningless if they are going to be in compliance.

Not to get off track,but since the same department,the DOJ,that brought the charges against Stars now says those charges DO NOT apply to any form of on-line wagering except for sports betting,all of this may be moot sooner than later anyway.

Why we should have ever been subjected to this idiocy to begin with is another matter altogether and not one that will be easily (ever?) forgiven or forgotten.

Playing for real money on the most (only?) reputable on-line poker site for US players: Strictly verboten.

Being on the hook for bailing out the Wall Street casinos when their rigged ass Ponzi schemes and market manipulations crapped out (AND being asked to do it next time as well,nothing has really been done to prevent this from happening again and if you think those scumbags are going to reel their practices in after getting away with this BS once....LOL): Cause for outrage.

Sending 10 of the top players from each corporation that perpetrated this fraud and the whores from both parties and each of the last,I don't know,FIVE administrations that aided and abetted them to real,butt-raping prison for the rest of their natural,worthless lives: Long,long overdue.
 
Old
Default
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 06:06 PM
(#13)
joker41673's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Whether or not Stars sees the Astronomers as play money in terms of rules enforcement (personally Matey I would send the infraction in again and ask for a clarification from a supervisor at support on that one...) is quite simply immaterial as it relates to the US players. Our government doesn't want us playing here for money as of the indictments filed on 4/15 and since the Astronomers ARE a potential gateway to EXACTLY that,what Stars opinion is on this is meaningless if they are going to be in compliance.

Not to get off track,but since the same department,the DOJ,that brought the charges against Stars now says those charges DO NOT apply to any form of on-line wagering except for sports betting,all of this may be moot sooner than later anyway.

Why we should have ever been subjected to this idiocy to begin with is another matter altogether and not one that will be easily (ever?) forgiven or forgotten.

Playing for real money on the most (only?) reputable on-line poker site for US players: Strictly verboten.

Being on the hook for bailing out the Wall Street casinos when their rigged ass Ponzi schemes and market manipulations crapped out (AND being asked to do it next time as well,nothing has really been done to prevent this from happening again and if you think those scumbags are going to reel their practices in after getting away with this BS once....LOL): Cause for outrage.

Sending 10 of the top players from each corporation that perpetrated this fraud and the whores from both parties and each of the last,I don't know,FIVE administrations that aided and abetted them to real,butt-raping prison for the rest of their natural,worthless lives: Long,long overdue.
Don't hold it in man
Tell us what you are really trying to say here

 
Old
Default
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 06:32 PM
(#14)
1st Mate 08's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 221
Moxie, this is the reply they sent me when I questioned the first reply.


Hello,

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

The Hubble tournaments, as well as all other astronomer
freerolls, are considered as play money and there are no hand
histories available for these events. These freerolls award
tickets to play the Weekly Round 2 events, but they do not award
any real money prizes and for this reason are categorized as play
money.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to write
back, and thank you for choosing PokerStars.

Regards,

Tyler
PokerStars Support Team


I guess its ok to cheat in order to make it to the 2nd round...

Not much else to say.

Cheers all.
 
Old
Default
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 09:18 PM
(#15)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Mate 08 View Post
Moxie, this is the reply they sent me when I questioned the first reply.


Hello,

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

The Hubble tournaments, as well as all other astronomer
freerolls, are considered as play money and there are no hand
histories available for these events. These freerolls award
tickets to play the Weekly Round 2 events, but they do not award
any real money prizes and for this reason are categorized as play
money.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to write
back, and thank you for choosing PokerStars.

Regards,

Tyler
PokerStars Support Team


I guess its ok to cheat in order to make it to the 2nd round...

Not much else to say.

Cheers all.

Thanks for the update Matey.

Gotta say I'm a little speechless to see this reply. Well if that's the case I may just load up Astronomers once US players get back on here and be a complete jackass just for ghits and shiggles.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com