Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

End of a downswing

Old
End of a downswing - Fri Jan 13, 2012, 07:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
Hi all,
Over the past 2 month i have been through a downswing.During this time, i tried alot of things to get my br moving in the right direction again including playing a few sng,s with a stake that was was above my bankroll, i took a very high risk and for me it paid off but i do not agree with how i managed this. This was a mistake!
Well one thing i did do right is keep to my style of TAG play, if you read some of my previous posts u will see that i started to even question this. Poker can make your head spin at times, but i was very proud of the fact i did not at anytime tilt and blow my stack away playing silly. i really do believe that this is due to PSO learning me the other sides of poker even though i've been playing for over 6 years. So to cut my long story short over the past 2 days my cash game has been on fire i have doubled my bankroll and even laid a bad beat out which i do not normally do.

My conclusion guys n girls stick to it, don't do anything other than what u have learn't.
This is for beginners only has most of you older pso dudes have already handled this situation.

I'm not new to poker but new to learning PokerPest (Paul)

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Good job PokerPest

When I hit one of those streaks, I just try to keep grinding thru it. Yes, I'll look for leaks in my game, but if you were winning consistantly before the downturn, you were doing something correctly (or really, really lucky). All you can do is to keep learning and apply what you learn to the games you're in.

Keep the positive streak up.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com