Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

help with the cowboy challenge

Old
help with the cowboy challenge - Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
ok by the rules i gather this is what i have to do
1stly announce im going to do the challenge <where d0 i announce that>?
2ndly declare my bankroll say 45ppl sng 25c with 25 buyins
3rdly play 100 games in total
4thly publish results with game id <do i publish every tourney every time or all at the end>
5thly 1 month to complete about 3 tourneys a day

is that correct how i read it?

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Create your own post in the challage section,

You should put the results every 10 games ( i messed that one up opps)

It is in the post you declare intent and bankroll.

but also you need to declair intent. here

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ge-Intent-Here!

All 100 games need to be competed in January. (or the month you start in anyway)

Good luck with the games

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Fri Jan 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM..

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:16 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
You have everything here and here.

Good luck with your challenge.

Old
thx - Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:17 PM
(#4)
thx grade b appreciated

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:18 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feskprins View Post
You have everything here and here.

Good luck with your challenge.
and ty feskprins have been told got to wait for the start of new month though

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:23 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
ok by the rules i gather this is what i have to do
1stly announce im going to do the challenge <where d0 i announce that>?
2ndly declare my bankroll say 45ppl sng 25c with 25 buyins
3rdly play 100 games in total
4thly publish results with game id <do i publish every tourney every time or all at the end>
5thly 1 month to complete about 3 tourneys a day

is that correct how i read it?

Let me see if the old hedgehog can help.

1 ----- Every month there is a thread that will ask players to announce their intent. I do believe the one for January is located several pages back. Suggest you wait until the one for February is announced, which is around the 25th.

2 ----- Correct. The challenge is to complete 100 games but to do it with 25 buy-ins.

3 ----- One hundred games at your designated level, and in consecutive order.

4 ----- Check the rules for the format. In the thread you author, you list the game ID and your finish.

5 ----- One calendar month. For a 30-day month, your math of three or four games per day is correct. February has 28 days, so you'll need to do at least four per day. Four games is a reasonable level if you are a one-table player like me. There is no additional prize for finishing first, other than bragging.

You are considered eligible if your winnings exceed the cost by more than you original bankroll. For somebody playing at 25¢, you need to win $31.25 ($31.25 winnings minus cost of $25.00 will give you $6.25, which is the initial bankroll as a gain.)

Suggest you read some of the threads in the challenge section for a better understanding.

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:33 PM
(#7)
brill proper understood and will read some posts on it,just one more question though am i only allowed to play my designated challenge i.e 45 ppl sngs 25c or am i allowed to play other poker as well , like mtts or cash tables not a part of the challenge and keep it seperate?

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:47 PM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2007
There is no reason why you cannot start your challenge for this month rather than February (as far as I can see from the rules) and there is certainly no barrier to playing whatever other games you wish to play

Cheers,

TC

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:48 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
brill proper understood and will read some posts on it,just one more question though am i only allowed to play my designated challenge i.e 45 ppl sngs 25c or am i allowed to play other poker as well , like mtts or cash tables not a part of the challenge and keep it seperate?

Hedgehog is rattling his quills on this one. Sorry, my bad.

There is nothing restricting your play. You may play anything this site offers. However, the games you declared are the ones that count. Just an example:

You join the 25¢ challenge and declare it will be at the 45-player level. You play eight games a day, four of them are the 45-player game and the others are 90-player games.

You must report each 45-player game since those are the games you declared. Your bankroll is restricted to the $6.25, which means if you run out of money before the hundred games are played, you cannot reload or "borrow" money from other games in an effort to turn a profit.

The 90-player games are outside the challenge since you did not declare your intent to play these. Ring games are not part of this event, so you can play them as much as you like.

I did say January is closed, which might be my mistake. Best to contact Cowboy and ask if you can still join the January challenge. My thought is that with the month a third done, you might be pushing too hard to finish the required hundred games. That is why I reccommended February.

Last edited by Cairn Destop; Fri Jan 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM..

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:51 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
why is this still here, please move it,

cheers

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:53 PM
(#11)
cheers guys appreciated lots and will start the challenge feb the 1st so i know where i am with it easier for me lol,but for now going get me practice and play some sng 45 ppl tourneys for 25c thx all about to top up.

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:56 PM
(#12)
LOL eff,

I am too tired to move it, when and if holdem signals intent, he can start a new thread in Challenges and Battleground and then.... well I have not quite figured what to do with this one. Community Meetup seems ok for the mo unless otherwise directed by the higher ups

Cheers,

TC

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 12:59 PM
(#13)
Quote:
and ty feskprins have been told got to wait for the start of new month though
You do not have to wait for a new month you can start on the 29th if you like.

It is also ok to start and play the games but not complete the 100.

its a challage
I have tried 4 so far and not complete the whole thing yet, but i have done it before it was offical and i have finished in the black.

Its a good way to show variance and its been a good focas for me.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Fri Jan 13, 2012 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 01:24 PM
(#14)
This is so simple,

The question is about cowboys challange, so thats were it should be...hiccup

come on, l know why l have probs, why is moving this to the right place an issue?

please move it, also the bad beat section is still here...lol

Is that not a poker thing...hiccup

cheers

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 01:37 PM
(#15)
Lets just say eff, I have the feeling that if I move this, I may end up having to move it back again, so I will just wait and see what the consensus opinion is from above before putting my big foot in it.

I am good like that

Cheers,

TC

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 01:41 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Lets just say eff, I have the feeling that if I move this, I may end up having to move it back again, so I will just wait and see what the consensus opinion is from above before putting my big foot in it.

I am good like that

Cheers,

TC
hear ya,

playing tonight?

cheers

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 01:46 PM
(#17)
Oh it is more than likely that I will be there; there is a good chance of taking Dale's award away from him

Cya later,

TC

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 09:30 AM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
This is so simple,

The question is about cowboys challange, so thats were it should be...hiccup

come on, l know why l have probs, why is moving this to the right place an issue?

please move it, also the bad beat section is still here...lol

Is that not a poker thing...hiccup

cheers

well it's still here.....too funny

if l go to each section and ask a question about another forum section, does the thread stay there?

it better if this is not going to be moved.....come on really,

l guess l may have to start asking questions....hiccup

cheers

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
(#19)
** Moved ** to preserve effsea's health

Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Sat Jan 14, 2012 at 11:36 AM..

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 11:40 AM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
** Moved ** to preserve effsea's health

thx joe.....lol

cheers

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com