Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

PCA Main Event

Old
PCA Main Event - Fri Jan 13, 2012, 10:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
I've been watching this for a while, and it's down to 2 players, John Dibella and Kyle Julius, both Americans. During the broadcast, they announced that John Dibella qualified through the Ukash promotion, which offered freerolls for deposits to your PS account through Ukash, with the grand prize a seat at the PCA Main Event.

How does an American qualify through this promotion?? Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems kind of strange, I was under the impression that Americans weren't allowed to play for any kind of prize with a cash value.

Update, he just won it!! Hit his flush on the river, with 5c6c. Just wondering how this is possible, if Americans can't deposit.

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 10:59 PM
(#2)
l'm thinking, don't know for sure..... but he may be living outside of the u.s.

cheers girl

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 11:25 PM
(#3)
During the presentation of the award, they said he qualified through a $1K satty, so they must have had some live tourneys as well as the deposit promo. Guess that answers my question.

Pretty nice return for him, he played well and ran better!!

Old
Fri Jan 13, 2012, 11:57 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Think that's probably the answer Joy. I'm pretty sure I received e-mails from Stars regarding live PCS satty's myself.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com