Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Omaha All in Pre Flop

Old
Omaha All in Pre Flop - Sat Jan 14, 2012, 01:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi, Would you classify this as a bad beat.

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 01:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
That was crappy, but can't really consider it a bad beat. It's Omaha, you didn't have a made hand, and the made hands change wildly with every card that hits the board... Great opening hand, just nothing you could do with someone that wanted to be that aggressive against you.

Unlucky, yes. Bad beat... Nah. It's just a beat. All beats suck, why give some of them their own prestige?

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 09:06 AM
(#3)
I'm going to have to disagree with the strutting ho daddy.

You've got an excellent starting hand - already a made hand with the aces, 2 nut flush draws and nut low and broadway str8 draws.

He's got no pair, 1 nut flush draw and middling to broadway str8 draws. I'd add him to my buddy list for willing to risk his roll with those cards.

You were way ahead when the $ went in.

I do agree with MC somewhat though in that I would have just called his 4bet and played it out as the board allowed. Aces are only a single pair - in hold'em and even more so in omaha.

Think you could have gotten the rest in on the flop and taken it down there.

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 12:05 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_22at90 View Post
I'd add him to my buddy list for willing to risk his roll with those cards.
+1

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com