Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

what time/day is best?

Old
what time/day is best? - Sat Jan 14, 2012, 07:25 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
hi guys i find some times of day and also some days are better to play poker than others,e.g i played this morning had ak 6 times one tourney in a few space of hands,raised the norm then got called all the time every posistion even on eventuall all in.started to go all in for this reason but still got called lol.
so my question does any one else find other days and times better,is there any logic to this?

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 08:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Weekends and holidays can be challenging. This is when the rawest newbies are hitting the tables after a long week of studies at the university or college. Though I'm on the chip tables, I find weekends have more crazies. You'll also find January a crazy month as anyone getting a home computer seems to join PokerStars. Only explanation I can figure for so many new handles at my chip tables this last week or so.

As to time of day, this is a worldwide site. When one part of the world is going to work or school, another is just getting home. It is always late at night somewhere. If there was a sweet time to find the best, or avoid them, I haven't found it yet. Just goes to prove the crazies exist in every time zone.

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 08:34 AM
(#3)
lol was thinking weekends seem so much harder and thx

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 09:31 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
There are so many factors to consider when wondering about the best time to play.

As Cairn has already said that while some players are just waking up others are just about to retire for the night.

I honestly believe that there is no right or wrong time to play. That is important is that when you do play that you bring your 'A' game to the tables at all times. Watch your opponents vigorously and adjust your play accordingly.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 09:39 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
anytime holdemace is playing

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 10:12 AM
(#6)
thx royal that to makes perfect sense to me,and lol roomik

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 11:33 AM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
hi guys i find some times of day and also some days are better to play poker than others,e.g i played this morning had ak 6 times one tourney in a few space of hands,raised the norm then got called all the time every posistion even on eventuall all in.started to go all in for this reason but still got called lol.
so my question does any one else find other days and times better,is there any logic to this?
best time 2 play , when the wifes on destruction mode ,ie a week o peace .

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 03:52 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I'm thinking you might be asking the wrong question and to the wrong audience. Let me explain.

Instead of asking when is the best time to play, you might reword that to when is the best time for me to play. The difference is directed at you. Do you find yourself at peak performance in the morning, before dinner, or before bedtime for the wife and kids? When can you afford to play poker?

It continues to amaze me how many chip players go on tilt because they are either too sleepy or have somewhere to go. These players never consider how long a game will run. Be sure you have enough time to go to the conclusion of any tourney you enter. Set yourself a rigid time limit for ring games. When the time is reached, leave, regardless of your status.

Old
Sat Jan 14, 2012, 04:57 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
For me best time to play poker is at night. Why i'm married, and have three little one running around all day. So night time is the best for me where i make money, during the day time is very bad for me because have to deal with kids ect.... plus i lost ton of money during day time. That why i stay away from it. This may help you ? Not to sure it will work for ya.

Good Luck on what ever you are doing.....

Old
Sun Jan 15, 2012, 01:38 AM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2012
Most games I won were around daylight (around 3pm-9pm gmt+1).Too many bad players or I was just lucky to get on tables with them over day,don't know.Over night(after 1 or 2AM gmt+1)I am losing so hard.

Playing constantly for last 3/4 days &nights.

It's my personal experience,I'm not telling that IT IS like that.

Old
Sun Jan 15, 2012, 04:34 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
I'm thinking you might be asking the wrong question and to the wrong audience. Let me explain.

Instead of asking when is the best time to play, you might reword that to when is the best time for me to play. The difference is directed at you. Do you find yourself at peak performance in the morning, before dinner, or before bedtime for the wife and kids? When can you afford to play poker?

It continues to amaze me how many chip players go on tilt because they are either too sleepy or have somewhere to go. These players never consider how long a game will run. Be sure you have enough time to go to the conclusion of any tourney you enter. Set yourself a rigid time limit for ring games. When the time is reached, leave, regardless of your status.

Outstanding

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com