Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

jam or fold?

Old
jam or fold? - Sun Jan 15, 2012, 05:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
ok after yesterday suffering at the felt come up with my wekend solution,and for todays play really tight wait for premium and jam yes or no?

Old
Sun Jan 15, 2012, 07:18 AM
(#2)
BronzeStar
......................................NO.......... ........................

I just watched u jam with aces and earn an entire 6 cents vs a loose player but that does not make him stupid, he's loose so why not make it 22-26c and start to bloat the pot, if he catches anything on the flop u could pot size raise him, bloat the pot even more and force him to commit.

Get a grip bro lol.

Old
Sun Jan 15, 2012, 10:30 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
you should always just fold Ace

Old
Sun Jan 15, 2012, 10:36 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
ok after yesterday suffering at the felt come up with my wekend solution,and for todays play really tight wait for premium and jam yes or no?

This is a good ploy in open league or even early in some MTTs where you would get callers and in most cases be a big favorite.

But in a cash game if i see this happen I fold as the player is waiting for a primium hand.

Its also hard to play outside your own comfort zone so it depends on your natural stle.

I have been playing STT and 45 mans for 6 months and wanted to get back to playing cash games. I was crushed the style is so different so i went to the NL course and printed off the hand chart there

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...trategy?page=4

hope that helps

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 04:21 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
This is a good ploy in open league or even early in some MTTs where you would get callers and in most cases be a big favorite.

But in a cash game if i see this happen I fold as the player is waiting for a primium hand.

Its also hard to play outside your own comfort zone so it depends on your natural stle.

I have been playing STT and 45 mans for 6 months and wanted to get back to playing cash games. I was crushed the style is so different so i went to the NL course and printed off the hand chart there

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...trategy?page=4

hope that helps

Grade b
cheers b one of the few on ere who does give good advice and takes nothing to heart,and i no pokerpest my bro you know i wind myself up and you also know i can play wen i want to lol.

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 06:21 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
cheers b one of the few on ere who does give good advice and takes nothing to heart,and i no pokerpest my bro you know i wind myself up and you also know i can play wen i want to lol.

I know u can play poker your the one that got me into poker this is what is frustrating me, your on constant tilt and you cannot see it bro, i've watched you make reads and fold KK pref just to watch the op turn over aces pure class reads and for some reason i dont know what your on constant tilt, you have been playing poker for what 7 years now and i've seen you win 2.5k 2.2k & 2.6k in tourneys and a few just under 1k but on pokerstars u play like i dont know what, your letting yourself down. I keep trying to tell u your on constant tilt, but because u learn't me how to play you ignore by advise. So i say this to you bruvv eat some humble pie and tell ppl the truth which is that you need help with major tilt issues get that sorted so u can show everyone what your made of.Look at our live play i finished 3rd you finished 1st. I will say it again GET A GRIP BRO.

I joined pso after playing poker for 6 years not because i did not know how to play poker but i realised i had tilt issues and leaks.First i worked on my tilt issues but soon realised i needed to plug my leaks which were a tilt causing factor so i worked on both of them.Look at how i play now i,m still me, still got some moves But my knowledge of the game has increased 10 fold so i have no reason to tilt anymore and i'm proud to say my leaks are plugged This does not make me superman i still want to learn, i've spent 100,s of hours watching tutorials not to learn the basics but to learn how pro,s and semi pros thought process runs and it really opens your eyes up bro and has taken me to the next level in a way, I'm not saying i play like a pro lmao far from it, i am just saying i have started to think like them. i've even asked Dave for a tutorial on 4betting because ive ran out of things to watch lol.So again until you listen to what i'm trying to say not teach but say GET A GRIP BRO.

Some ppl might say well you have played poker for 6 years and only now your willing to learn this is not right, but i would argue this fact because i have 6 years under my belt i can learn really quick i suggest u take a deep breath bro and start learning.
Love ya (Paul)

Last edited by PokerPest72; Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: More info

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 07:02 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
you should always just fold Ace
Hmmmm......
Not for the first time roomik so i will remind you on this is a school, now whilst i do not agree with over half the things my bro goes off about infact it makes me grip my teeth sometimes. In real life if we get a pupil at school with high emotional problems how do we address this as a school, well we all dont start to pick on him in the play yard, we see that he has got a problem and we as a school try to calm him down so that he can see things in a clear mannor, once we have his emotions under control we can then begin to open his mind up to being taught. I suggest you grow up and do not bother post in his threads again, or wait until his never ending tilt ends and then go sit at a table with him then perhaps you willl not be so eager to bully with humour.Please feel free to pm me if u want to continue this conversation.

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 09:24 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post
I know u can play poker your the one that got me into poker this is what is frustrating me, your on constant tilt and you cannot see it bro, i've watched you make reads and fold KK pref just to watch the op turn over aces pure class reads and for some reason i dont know what your on constant tilt, you have been playing poker for what 7 years now and i've seen you win 2.5k 2.2k & 2.6k in tourneys and a few just under 1k but on pokerstars u play like i dont know what, your letting yourself down. I keep trying to tell u your on constant tilt, but because u learn't me how to play you ignore by advise. So i say this to you bruvv eat some humble pie and tell ppl the truth which is that you need help with major tilt issues get that sorted so u can show everyone what your made of.Look at our live play i finished 3rd you finished 1st. I will say it again GET A GRIP BRO.

I joined pso after playing poker for 6 years not because i did not know how to play poker but i realised i had tilt issues and leaks.First i worked on my tilt issues but soon realised i needed to plug my leaks which were a tilt causing factor so i worked on both of them.Look at how i play now i,m still me, still got some moves But my knowledge of the game has increased 10 fold so i have no reason to tilt anymore and i'm proud to say my leaks are plugged This does not make me superman i still want to learn, i've spent 100,s of hours watching tutorials not to learn the basics but to learn how pro,s and semi pros thought process runs and it really opens your eyes up bro and has taken me to the next level in a way, I'm not saying i play like a pro lmao far from it, i am just saying i have started to think like them. i've even asked Dave for a tutorial on 4betting because ive ran out of things to watch lol.So again until you listen to what i'm trying to say not teach but say GET A GRIP BRO.

Some ppl might say well you have played poker for 6 years and only now your willing to learn this is not right, but i would argue this fact because i have 6 years under my belt i can learn really quick i suggest u take a deep breath bro and start learning.
Love ya (Paul)
lol bro u soft git lmao,ok like i said bro not tilt just mess about
for some reason,for some reason im still practicing instead of playing,i no what they got and yes i still call to know im right why? yea big question,i see the donks winning then think im playing the game wrong,when in fact my own game works and should rely on it much more,on that note bro i may just play proper for a while as ive been inspired back into playing because people think im a joke ,lol thats funny but like i said b4 dont judge a book by its cover.
And yes roomik does post some comments but find him funny bro seen the but ed one hilarious dead funny,but feel for him he hasnt played for the last 120 days according to opr,is he a yank maybe not sure will look.

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 09:43 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Have not played here in almost a year...and I started out trying to give advice, but when it is ignored along with everyone else 's I give up

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 09:50 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post
In real life if we get a pupil at school with high emotional problems how do we address this as a school, well we all dont start to pick on him in the play yard, we see that he has got a problem and we as a school try to calm him down so that he can see things in a clear mannor, once we have his emotions under control we can then begin to open his mind up to being taught.
That's really insightful pokerpest ... I'd like to help, as would everybody like Roomik said. I just can't personally think of anything that seems like it'd possibly make any difference?

You have any other hobbies you enjoy holdemace? Exercise, perhaps? Reading? Listening to music? Woodworking? Fantasy sports leagues? Etc? Important to have leisure activities that one finds enjoyable I think ...

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 10:35 AM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
But in a cash game if i see this happen I fold as the player is waiting for a premium hand.
I agree. That is one huge tell that I look for in any cash game.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 11:54 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I agree. That is one huge tell that I look for in any cash game.
Yeah lol they might aswell turn there cards face up and i''m even willing fold QQ pref to them, let them pick up that 1.5bb then soon as the bb is on them, well hehe easy steal

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com