Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

AK 8 BB shove early

Old
Wink
AK 8 BB shove early - Sun Jan 15, 2012, 10:57 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
8 BB left in the Premier and the limping villain limped a lotaspecialy broadways in early position. The big stack in the button likes to use his stack when people make small raises and schove over the top right away. maybe i ticked off the villain by shoving over her twice with PP before this wit 4 and 5 BB left. i thought about a 4 BB raise leaving me with just over half a stack and a lot of players behind and de shoving russian in the end so i descided to push. again i maybe should have stayed for points but then again i may not get a better chance to make me some chips.
Smart move? Only move? or call see what is happening?

Old
Sun Jan 15, 2012, 11:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
AK pre is always nice, especially when short. UTG+1 limps. That's not what I wanted, but I'm not going to muck the AK. In low buyins, limping is usually weak, but I haven't a clue what the buyin was for this one.... So I'm going to shove. Good move. Limpers calls and shows KQ. Not fond of that call. He's pretty much drawing to 3 queens now, 4 diamonds, or 3 cards for a straight. He's still going to win this 1 out of every 4 hands, so all we can do is hope this is one of the other 3. Nothing you can do here, the hand pretty much plays itself.

--------------------------------------
keeping track of my poker semi-career: ov3rsight.blog.com

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com