Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Victory Hand II

Old
Victory Hand II - Sun Jan 15, 2012, 07:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Hello again,

Bad beats !! Bad beats !!!! the two words that somehow we all have suffered from at some point and still.
Have a look at this :

this happened few hours ago lead to my early exit from a premier tourney. I wanted you to see this , I want you to see what happens to a hand, that we might think is strong.

What we should learn from this and learn it well is that "bad beats " are inevitable , it happens to all of us . Get over it as quick as possible. I did ,and I WON the very next tourney few minutes ago. It is possible.

Good luck all ,

Old
Sun Jan 15, 2012, 08:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
well considering the amount of outs he had this was absolutely not a bad beat, it was definitely unlucky without any doubts. But bad beats are most of the times considered hands that win with just 3 outs or something like that.

But I feel you man, and indeed it's inevitable and we should learn to life with it

Old
Sun Jan 15, 2012, 08:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
*** Moved ***

Hi Arisoze,

Classic example of a Bad Beat and your right, they are inevitable. But as you say it's how you deal with them that counts!

EDIT: A lot of merit to what Taomage has to say about it too!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Sun Jan 15, 2012 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: addition!

Old
Re - Sun Jan 15, 2012, 09:25 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
I have to apologize for not making my point clear enough. If I ever wanted to ask for sympathy over a bad beat I would have definitely posted the following (also PSO Exit) or many other hands that I had. we all have had similar experiences.

the point is that we don't let any false thought to overcome our capability of playing cards , to do our best, to play poker because that is why we are all here.

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 12:17 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
As long as you keep getting the money in good, you will accumulate countless bad beats, and you're right, it's how you deal with them that counts. Just remember that in order to have these bad beats, you have to be getting your money in good in the first place. That usually means you are playing well.

Old
cooler/spoiler - Mon Jan 16, 2012, 01:00 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
imagine what a cooler that would've been to him if you made 1 of your 8 outs on the river; missing at minimum a flush, with sf & rf potential after already having you beat on the turn....sick for you, though, the ace on the river wasn't the ace you wanted to see.

Last edited by SküllDüggery; Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 01:38 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com