Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Question: How to join open skill league?

Old
Question
Question: How to join open skill league? - Mon Jan 16, 2012, 03:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
hello everyone,

well, this is so dumb i guess. But i cant really find the register button for Open Skill Tournament. It doesn't show up.

I joined pokerstars.net yesterday and also i registered into Pokerschoolonline.com . Passed the basic course also.

So, can anyone tell me if I have to gain any eligibility to play in the Open Skill Tournament?

Thanks

Don Darvin

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 03:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
you need to join using the .com version... net is for play $ only

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 04:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Don!

Welcome to the forum!

Roomik is correct that you will need the .com version to play in them, as the tourneys do have cash prizes. The tourneys will be under the tournament tab, then the private tab. If you're a resident of the US, then you cannot play in them due to the cash prizes.

Here is a link that our new members coordinator Dan has set up. It will help to get you started taking advantage of all the information available here.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 05:39 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
I think the case actually is that you have to be very fast to register- the open skill league tournament usually fills up in less than 2 minutes- so you have to be ready to join exactly 15 minutes before tournament not to miss the registration.

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 05:44 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Darvin View Post
hello everyone,

well, this is so dumb i guess. But i cant really find the register button for Open Skill Tournament. It doesn't show up.

I joined pokerstars.net yesterday and also i registered into Pokerschoolonline.com . Passed the basic course also.

So, can anyone tell me if I have to gain any eligibility to play in the Open Skill Tournament?

Thanks

Don Darvin
Welcome Don!
As Roomik said, make sure you're using the .com client to gain access to the Skill League games.
After you have a look at the link JWK provided, be sure to let us know if you have any questions. There's a lot to see so take your time and enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbris View Post
I think the case actually is that you have to be very fast to register- the open skill league tournament usually fills up in less than 2 minutes- so you have to be ready to join exactly 15 minutes before tournament not to miss the registration.
This is true also.
Welcome to you too dumbris.
You may want to look over the link that JWK listed also if you have any questions on the league or need help getting started at all.
Thanks for your feedback to the OP question. Nice to see someone just being helpful in their first post in the forum.

Best o' luck to both of ya'.

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 12:51 AM
(#6)
hey everyone,

Thank you so much for those replies. Yeah i was using .net version, I've downloaded the .com version, and now I can see my cashier box and play money thing or other stuffs.

But, I still cannot register into the Open Skill Tournament!

I went through the link JWK provided, and I found this,

Quote:
Poker School Skill Leagues

This is the primary attraction for most members. You have the opportunity to earn some great cash prizes for absolutely no investment other than time.

I will ask you to look over all the information on the Open, Premier, and Qualifier league. The League Overview can be found above any leaderboard in the Home tab in a link, along with one for scoring, the legend for the leaderboad, and the scheduling.
Please take the time to delve into each link you find along the way so that you gain a full understanding of what is required in order to earn the most from the leagues. Part of that begins with the courses and the core quiz, which you must be pass in order to be eligible for the payouts, and certain other PSO promotions.
I passed the core quiz, still i cannot find the register button in tournament lobby.

One more thing I should share that, I've registered my account in pokerschooonline.com through the .net version. Is it because of it that I cannot find the register button?

Any help with this guys?

Thanks in advance!

Don Darvin

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 12:59 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Darvin View Post
hey everyone,

Thank you so much for those replies. Yeah i was using .net version, I've downloaded the .com version, and now I can see my cashier box and play money thing or other stuffs.

But, I still cannot register into the Open Skill Tournament!

I went through the link JWK provided, and I found this,

I passed the core quiz, still i cannot find the register button in tournament lobby.

One more thing I should share that, I've registered my account in pokerschooonline.com through the .net version. Is it because of it that I cannot find the register button?

Any help with this guys?

Thanks in advance!

Don Darvin

I guess, I did register in a tournament. The tourney state was "Registering", and i found the register button there. But the "Announced" tourney has no register button. Is it like, the tourney is announced, not yet open for registration??

I am sorry guys, I m really being so dumb about this, I am just confused!

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 01:02 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Don!

The open league games open for registration 15 min before they start. You'll need to have the tourney box open when they start to register, as they fill up quick.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 01:09 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi Don!

The open league games open for registration 15 min before they start. You'll need to have the tourney box open when they start to register, as they fill up quick.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Thanks so much. I really appreciate this. It really helped me.

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 01:12 AM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Don!

Here's a link that might help you too. take a look at post 5.

Good luck in them.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com