Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Scare or Dare?

Old
Scare or Dare? - Mon Jan 16, 2012, 05:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011

I think my reraise against 2people was v good but the flop was a scary one so I said or they have a pair, or a draw or I am beat and shoved.. I think It can be find to shove here since I have a draw too?

Etienne

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 01:32 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Etienne,

The preflop 3-bet is a good sizing, I like this raise for value. On the flop, I think open shoving is too extreme unless the villains are very fishy. It's the kind of bet that will not get called by tons of worse hands, only better ones like 2 pair+. Someone holding weak K's or something might fold to this bet, and we get no value from them. If we think they will call it off with draws and weaker 1 pair hands then this is fine, but you're not posting any reads or info, so my preference is to bet about 2/3rds of the pot, maybe 3/4ths, planning to call if shoved on and shove the turn if called (the stack to pot ratio is low enough that I think we are committed here, but this line might yield us more value long term... tough to say for sure without player reads though).

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com