Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

How sure would you be of this one?

Old
How sure would you be of this one? - Mon Jan 16, 2012, 09:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2007

Purely down to reads, raiser was a total maniac!!!

Cheers,

TC

Old
Mon Jan 16, 2012, 10:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
he sure was what was read on the other 2??

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 03:21 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
double post...self edit

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JDean; Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 03:36 AM..

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 03:23 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post

Purely down to reads, raiser was a total maniac!!!

Cheers,

TC
Hello ToptheCat!

Which raiser?

The UTG raiser who made it 6c to go, or the BTN 3bettor who made it 30c over your flat?

A lot of the rest of decisions in this hand rest on the fact there are other people in here than a single maniac, and what you should consider doing with your JJ depends a lot too.

Personally, I like the flat of 6c, as that makes a cheap "small" pot where you can have reasonably clear decisions: if you bink a set you are ready to get em in, if you don't the actions of the OTHER ranges to the flop texture will tend to guide your decisions pretty well.

I am not so sure I like flatting the 30c though.

That strikes me as a shove or fold over the BTN's raise (if he is a maniac and the UTG player might flat light and fold). If the UTG raiser is too tight to make an immediate jam with JJ profitable, you should probably let it go; it is getting too pricey to set mine, and the UTG flat is too scary in most cases to love going on JJ as an over pair. You also have no clue what the person who flatted the 6c ahead of the button might yet do in the hand...

As played, when it checks thru on the flop, you are caught in the middle here between 2 small stacks. The pot has grown enough that you really do not want to give up on it easily, but that 1 over is dang scary vs 4 opp's.

If you still think you are ahead often enough to call a bet on the turn, why not take the betting lead away?

You could, conceivably get a K/weak to fold if you lead, whereas check/calling does not do that for you at all. I mean calling any bet from the shorter stacks here is sticking you to the pot pretty hard anyway, as the pot will have grown quite large; why not reduce your risk of them drawing cheap against you by leading instead of check/calling?

As played, I do not mind the check/call on the river at all. The pot has simply grown too big for you to fold to a single jam anyway (either opp jamming would be less than a pot bet), so in case they do not jam, and in case you ARE beat, no need forcing them to put all your stack in because you barreled the river if behind.

Hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JDean; Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 03:37 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com