Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

19honu62

Old
19honu62 - Tue Jan 17, 2012, 12:11 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

Regretfully it is my responsibility to inform you that Chris is leaving the Live Training Team, effective immediately. It is my understanding that he will still be running the Cowboys Challenge and the Cowboys Corral, so if you're involved in those you should expect to continue to do so.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Chris for his hard work here as a Live Trainer, and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors, both poker and personal.

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 02:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
oh shoot-that IS bad news, I was looking forward to some of his more advanced lessons that I couldn't afford just yet......sorry you are leaving.........but see you at the Cowboy Challenge next month....

I wish you All The Best, Chris- Richard

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 06:03 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
mate ur what inspired me to keep going with pso, even though i dont play the skill league.. ur insight has always been amazing and its sad to see u go... good luck with ur future endeavours and i look forward to seeing u around here again.. and thanks for everything uve done for the community... hope to see u around in there future..

aus

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 08:39 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
That is Bad news - Best of luck to you Chris hope to see you in the Corral sometime m8.

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 08:48 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
I had a great opportunity here at PSO ( an opportunity few will be afforded ) and I appreciate meeting a tonne of people and having some postive influence on your game/bankroll.
I have tried many things to eliminate the lag that occurs between my computer and the software PSO provides for live training and the lag and quality of the sessions was simply not acceptable.

I will continue in the PSO but may not be very active for a while. I told Langolier I will continue doing the Cowboy's Challenge as PSO has been gracious enough to provide prizes and I wish to see that continue.

Keep working hard folks and studying as you have 4 quality coaches to learn from.

Giddy Up!

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 08:49 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 08:49 AM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Good luck

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 08:59 AM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2010
Your helpful and entertaining sessions will be missed. .

Hope to join the Corral when USA gets back in the game. Good luck on the felts.

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 09:24 AM
(#9)
srry to hear that but look forward to keep working with you

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 09:28 AM
(#10)
what the...too sudden

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 10:24 AM
(#11)
Thanks for your commitment and contributions.

Now, if we could only get you committed.

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 11:34 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
tnx for all chris maybe i'll see u in the challenge when i am up for it
good luck

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 01:50 PM
(#13)
Dear Chris,

I would like to thank you for your work as a trainer. I enjoyed the sessions i was in of yours as well as taking the Cowboys Challange. Both of these has helped me to understand how BRM will help me as a player.

It was really good to watch you play live and see you take bad beats and continue on to the next name helped me to accept these as a part of poker. Between you and DAve i have stopped worried so much about the result of a pay but more as to weather or not a particular play is correct in the long term.

It is a shame that your internet is stopping you training but its good to know that you will still be around the forums.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 04:53 PM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2010
Chris has always been a solid, positive influence on myself, and I know many of you.

His starting of the original Cowboy's Corral is something that really helped pull a lot of people in this community together as friends which remain to this day.

His contributions to PSO and all of us will have a lasting effect through the things which he started.

Thank you Chris, sincerely, thank you.
Dan

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 05:04 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Chris has always been a solid, positive influence on myself, and I know many of you.

His starting of the original Cowboy's Corral is something that really helped pull a lot of people in this community together as friends which remain to this day.

His contributions to PSO and all of us will have a lasting effect through the things which he started.

Thank you Chris, sincerely, thank you.
Dan
I'll second that in a heartbeat! Good luck Cowboy.

Giddee Up!

John

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 05:17 PM
(#16)
What Dano said. Chris getting the trainer gig was just another notch on his assless chaps for contributions made to this community. Contributions that will never be forgotten or diminished by many here.

Many are stepping up to help carry the torch but it was The Cowboy's Corral and,not wanting to be remiss in forgetting him,the Hobo private games that pulled many of us together here. And to show the path for what a good,friendly place to play should look like for the peeps who stepped it up after the Home Games option came along. Eff's Drunk Tank games (with big props to Johnny Oak and Faery Tats...) being a great example.

Then there is the Cowboy's Challenge. Personally I can't think of any idea for a thread in this forum,ever,that has been more helpful in showing players an achievable goal and setting them on the path of accomplishing it,or at the least learning some valuable lessons in the attempt. Great to hear that this will continue.

And thought Chris will no longer be making training videos the ones he has already contributed will continue to help players for some time to come.

So here's to ya Sicko.

Do what you have to do to recharge the batteries and see you soon.

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 05:26 PM
(#17)
Since: Sep 2010
WTF???

This is not good news. Cowboy you are an excellent trainer and an inspiration to many.

I hope that an equally skilled teacher will be installed, however I think this will be a tough ask.

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 06:03 PM
(#18)
You've been a fantastic teacher Chris, good luck for the future

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 07:39 PM
(#19)
Since: Apr 2011
you have improved my understanding of the game and helped improve my game ,i am truly sorry to see you go cowboy,i wish you all the best ,and i hope we meet at the tables ,stil get value lessons on the felt

cheers cowboy

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 08:15 PM
(#20)
Since: May 2011
I get in here to check why the latest session was cancelled and see.... this? You've improved my game so much in a very short time and I really hope you come back sooner or later. You're a fantastic teacher and it will incredibly difficult to find a replacement, and I'm not just saying that. At least now you have more time to spend on watching us beat you in hockey.

Giddy up!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com