Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Bankroll management

Old
Bankroll management - Tue Jan 17, 2012, 08:36 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hello to all

Myself prab from india & i am new here & this is my first post

I have decided to play poker on pokerstars and want to go for first deposit bonus with $ 600 bankroll depositing in 3 instalments

I will be playing fixed limit

Would like to know which stake i should play if i want to achive $ 600 FDB in ( 90 + 180 days )

I will be playing on average 2 tables for 6 hrs/day

Please suggest

Thanks

Last edited by sim5sim5; Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: correction

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 09:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi there sim5sim5,

There are some useful articles in PSO relating to bankroll management.

The first is here in the NLHE Cash Cousre - Bankroll Management where even though it's No Limit and your focus is fixed limit the same principles regarding bankroll and buy-ins apply.

There is also a video in the archive called Bankroll Management Tutorial

This is just for starters. Finally click here for a link for some Useful Tips on Getting Started at PSO

Hope this is of some help, it's great to see you here at PSO!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
? royal please - Tue Jan 17, 2012, 09:42 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hi there sim5sim5,

There are some useful articles in PSO relating to bankroll management.

The first is here in the NLHE Cash Cousre - Bankroll Management where even though it's No Limit and your focus is fixed limit the same principles regarding bankroll and buy-ins apply.

There is also a video in the archive called Bankroll Management Tutorial

This is just for starters. Finally click here for a link for some Useful Tips on Getting Started at PSO

Hope this is of some help, it's great to see you here at PSO!

Raiser
hi royal why we are on the subject of br management is it a bad thing to go against br management if you are playing confident and winning?

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 12:01 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
yes

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 12:13 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
hi royal why we are on the subject of br management is it a bad thing to go against br management if you are playing confident and winning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
yes
Personally, I'd only move up to a higher level or buy-in when I've won enough to do so comfortably.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 12:22 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Read up on variance... I am pretty sure it hits mystics and mind readers too

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 12:41 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Read up on variance... I am pretty sure it hits mystics and mind readers too
It's not as painful if you see it coming

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 01:05 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Hey Holdem!

Yes. If you go against the bankroll management, sooner or later, variance will kick in and when it does, a player's bankroll will drop considerably... most likely to zero.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 02:28 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
It's not as painful if you see it coming
Damn you Dman, always bringing logic in these threads

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 04:44 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim5sim5 View Post
Hello to all

Myself prab from india & i am new here & this is my first post

I have decided to play poker on pokerstars and want to go for first deposit bonus with $ 600 bankroll depositing in 3 instalments

I will be playing fixed limit

Would like to know which stake i should play if i want to achive $ 600 FDB in ( 90 + 180 days )

I will be playing on average 2 tables for 6 hrs/day

Please suggest

Thanks
Hi sim5sim5 and welcome.

A couple things. I wouldn't consider myself having the $600 in my bankroll until it is all there. Don't use your future deposits in considering what level to play at.
2nd, if you use the gray search tab above, then click on advanced search, input the keywords "bankroll management" and change the drop menu right there from "search all posts" to "search titles only", you will see numerous threads on the matter. Some have different philosophies on the number of BB's you want to have in your account, but they're pretty close and you'll get a good idea from where you should start by looking over these threads.
Hope this helps and best o' luck!

Old
Wed Jan 18, 2012, 08:21 AM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2012
thanks i got it

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com