Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

4bet flat w/ KK for 5 bet oop shove 3 way, 1usd /45

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 12:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
oops

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 12:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
Hi

maybe next time use the hand replayer for easier seeing what happens

Lessee

UTG+1 minraises to 40, gets 3 limpers, and then CO pretty much minraises that. If I'm in the SB here, I'm raising it up big, at least 250 or so since there's already 290 in the pot. I'm not flatting, since that pretty much gives the BB a free ride in with his pot odds, and UTG+1 is definitely calling too for the same reason. KK is nice, but not against 6 opponents. I'd rather grab the pot here if they all fold, then play KK 7 ways.
You call, and now UTG+1 shoves allin. The the CO shoves over that.

Erm, I had the big pocket pair here.

Considering I'm playing at least 2 people, and there's been a shove and a reshove, I'm thinking one of them has an ace, maybe even AA, and the other prolly has a big pair, QQ or JJ.
Regardless, I can't fold KK here, maybe someone else can, I'm notn good enough for that

After that, it all plays as it is. Indeed, one of them had the A with another A, the other had the big pocket pair. Not much you can do about it I think. Still - AA vs KK vs QQ - what are the odds (about 1 in 8.5 million according to my math...) The next 8.499.999 hands, this won't happen.

---------------------------------------------------
keeping track of my poker semi-career: ov3rsight.blog.com

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 03:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi I'mJigJig!

Preflop: UTG min raises, then 3 opps call, then an opp 3-bets. With this happening in front of me, I wouldn't call here, I'd 4-bet in this situation. KK plays much better against less opps in a hand and I would want to thin the field some. I don't want almost the entire table drawing to beat me on the flop. I'd have 4-bet to about 400-500.
The min-raiser then shoves (min/shove is normally a premium hand) and then the 3-bettor overshoves. With KK, I may lose the hand, but there are too many chips in the pot with a premium hand to give it up here. The call is 31% of the pot and as long as one opp doesn't have AA, KK will have much more equity than that.

I don't like the flat with KK here, as I would want to narrow the field. KK, while a premium hand, doesn't have nearly the equity in a 6-way pot, compared to one with less players.

Unfortunately, KK ran into AA, but that's poker.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 06:24 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hey I'mJigJig,

I wouldn't flat here, because just incase the opp acts out of character and doesn't shove, I would not ever want to take the chance of playing a 6-way pot with KK.

Even if I put into pokerstove a 10% range (some positions of the 6 opps would be playing much tighter).. then I wouldn't be a favortie to win the hand, as KK has only about 38% equity... which means KK will lose almost 1 in every 3 times.

However, if against two opps playing only a 5% range, KK IS the favorite to win the hand at 51%.

Due to this, I wouldn't take the chance of flatting here. Missing out on 90 chips of a pot of 4380 (2%) isn't worth taking the chance to lose 13% hand equity on.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com