Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Ak weak 2.5xug raise to induce lag4bet, 5be to jam flop. Flop tptk, "ccc"

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 02:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Jigjig,

Starting the hand with 50 bb's personally I would flat here for the investment of 6 bb's and see the flop, if we improve we'll have a low enough stack to pot ratio to commit and if not we can abandon ship and still have 44 bb's to work with. I think sometimes people are too eager to bloat pots with AK out of position.

As played, your 4 bet size I might make a bit larger since this isn't a HU pot, but there's a caller in between. And this action is committing you imo, so I will always call a 5b shove or shove first to act on the flop as you had planned, regardless of what came. If you're willing to go this far you can make a case also for just 4b jamming pre instead of making the smaller raise. Not sure which is better without opponent reads, your line of 4b/get it in or open jam flop when called should be fine, if you're willing to commit a 50 bb stack to a bare AK (actually I don't think this is particularly good or bad, one thing I'm sure if it will increase your variance a great deal but that can be a good thing, particularly when you have other things you can be doing... a higher variance line to either accumulate chips quickly, or be free for the next game/task.)

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 17, 2012, 07:09 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
JigJig,

I wanted to thank you for the background you give on the hands you post. It makes for a way better analysis and understanding by all.

Good Decisions!

Joe

Old
Wed Jan 18, 2012, 12:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Wed Jan 18, 2012, 12:39 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
AK is a good hand but not yet willing to go broke in early stages

I will definitely go broke in middle stages/late stages with AK

personally of course

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com