Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

help me keep my stack!

Old
help me keep my stack! - Wed Jan 18, 2012, 04:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
hi all after originally tilting my 28 doller br to 5 dollers ive sucsessfully pulled it back to 17 dollers odd,playing as you know 1c 2c blinds ring tables,
My problem is when i have a br chip stack my game goes out the window and i start not to care because i have chips,so please can someone tell me of any ideas/thoughts on how to stop myself doing this,

Old
Wed Jan 18, 2012, 04:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
So your game goes downhill when you're winning, and you tilt when you're losing

This game isn't for you. Play for a maximum of one hour a day and find something else to fill your remaining time.

Old
thx darkman - Wed Jan 18, 2012, 04:16 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
So your game goes downhill when you're winning, and you tilt when you're losing

This game isn't for you. Play for a maximum of one hour a day and find something else to fill your remaining time.
what i mean m8t is i just cant play when i have a bankroll my carelessness starts to come into because i have lots of chips and think oh well loads of play and my drive then like when i got a low br disapears lol

Old
Wed Jan 18, 2012, 05:28 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
I think Darkmans right but this advise goes to me aswell, i started to play to much and i,m getting careless, bringing your A game to the table requires focus, something that i have let slip a little.
Especially after playing on 16 tables the other night, that just made my brain bleed lol.So i'm having a lil break to get my hunger back.

(Paul)

Old
Wed Jan 18, 2012, 08:20 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
There is some good advice from Darkman.

Based on your comment, there is a certain point where you go on tilt regardless of your position. When you're ahead, you donk. When you're behind, you tilt. These two situations are the same, a total loss of control. Bankroll theories cannot help since the trigger isn't money.

The solution is to set a money / time limit and hold to it. You leave when the time is reached or the stakes exceed some specific amount. Start your clock at one hour and see if you hit that donk/tilt point. If you are still not hitting this point after five sessions, increase it half an hour. First time you hit that point, cut it back.

Players here are primarily multi-table. They work upward from the one to as many as they can comfortably handle. Same principle with your clock. Eventually you will learn the control that keeps you acting like an ATM on the table.

If you find time too restrictive a constraint, consider a stake percentage. Whenever you increase your stake by a specific amount or percentage, take an hour offline. The tables are always here and better coming into the game ready to play than on the verge of self destruction.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com