Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

the strangest thing?

Old
the strangest thing? - Wed Jan 18, 2012, 09:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
hi guys just got into the money in mtt,when suddenly up popped a message telling me to type this word in,had 120 seconds to do it,was in pitch black managed to fumble my way to do it but what was this something do with bots?

Old
Wed Jan 18, 2012, 10:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Holdemace,

It's not strange at all. Every now and then users might experience this.

It's a security feature whereby Pokerstars ask that you manually input a code.

This is in order to ensure that users are real people and make the site a safer and more enjoyable place for all customers of Pokerstars.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 18, 2012, 10:43 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
hi guys just got into the money in mtt,when suddenly up popped a message telling me to type this word in,had 120 seconds to do it,was in pitch black managed to fumble my way to do it but what was this something do with bots?
Hey ace, that is exactly what it is. PokerStars will send those out randomly to prevent bots. Just type in what they want and you're good.

Old
Thu Jan 19, 2012, 12:42 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
So Stars is worried that Wile E Coyote is programming bots now?

Old
Thu Jan 19, 2012, 03:06 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
I doubt it. I may be wrong, but I don't think anybody's written a "piss it all away" bot yet

Old
Thu Jan 19, 2012, 03:52 AM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2011
cheers dan and royal

Old
Thu Jan 19, 2012, 09:13 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
I doubt it. I may be wrong, but I don't think anybody's written a "piss it all away" bot yet
That would be an easy bot to program, just have it join a table and shove every hand until BR = 0.

Old
Thu Jan 19, 2012, 09:38 AM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
just picturing a tiny lil puff of dust a thousand feet below

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com