Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

QQ on SB - Analysis Please...

Old
QQ on SB - Analysis Please... - Fri Jan 20, 2012, 04:03 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Big stack is rather a TAG player. Never went to showdown when in a pot... So no range info... Didn't check the flop as I can easily be committed on a flop. Tourney is $3.30 1R1A $3.5K Guaranteed.

Btw, how do I properly insert this link?? It always doubles...

Last edited by PinoyVictim; Fri Jan 20, 2012 at 04:07 AM..

Old
Fri Jan 20, 2012, 06:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
good fold aces in my view,

Old
Fri Jan 20, 2012, 09:39 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2011
Ditto. I'm definitely calling the first raise, but when that gets reraised on, I'm putting him on AA, KK or AK. I wouldn't mind the AK, but then we'd be racing. So basically I'd be calling off 18% of my stack for a a 50% shot at winning, or a 20% shot at winning.

And if you call - what do you do when he c-bets the turn for another 12k or more? If there's an A or K there, I'm pretty much dead. If there's undercards, I beat only a bluff and a draw and the AK. Do I want to call off that much of my stack there and the rest on the turn?

If you think you'd fold the flop to that bet, muck it preflop. There';s 35BB stack left, so plenty of room to play with.

--------------------------------------------
keeping track of my poker semi-career: ov3rsight.blog.com

Old
Fri Jan 20, 2012, 10:23 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
I dont know if I agree there, 4th best possible starting hand and We fold without even seeing a Flop.

Thats a little too tight for me. If the villian has played zero hands i might flat and fold on the flop. But for sure i'm calling if not putting in a 4 bet.

a TAG range of 18% of hands includes hands including pairs down to 66

A5s and A9o

Now the reraise should be a tighter range but i dont think we can narrow it down to only AA KK or AK

Using poker stove if we give the villaian a range of top 7 % we are
a 60 / 40 favorate with our queens.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 20, 2012, 03:59 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

I think I agree with Grade b here... any info on the opener? The TAG is 3 betting on a big stack but we don't have any specific info to help us understand how wide the TAG is 3 betting (a TAG is probably paying attention, so if the opener is a good target for a resteal it's quite possible the TAG is opening wide for example).

The TAG would have to be a super nitty 3-bettor for me to pass this. As is I just don't see how I can narrow his range enough that I can find a fold with QQ on only a 35 bb stack.

I agree it's not the most comfortable of spots, but I'd probably 4b here in the absence of more detailed reads.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
QQ too strong to fold, given incomplete reads on villains - Fri Jan 20, 2012, 09:39 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyVictim View Post
Big stack is rather a TAG player. Never went to showdown when in a pot... So no range info... Didn't check the flop as I can easily be committed on a flop. Tourney is $3.30 1R1A $3.5K Guaranteed.
Given the info, or lack thereof: This is a good spot for the BTN (big stack) to 3bet. You have a 36BB stack, and are faced with a 3bet (3 times the PFR). If you intend to call, you need to make a 15% investment; at this point, you need to make a commitment plan. It may even be a ‘conditional commitment’ plan, such as, if an overcard flops, and is cbet, I will fold – or - if I get shoved on I will call (or fold) – just be sure to make a plan.

Fold:
Pros?: Real tight laydown – you will definitely live to fight another day.
Cons: Without any reads on the original PFR, or history between the BTN, PFR, and you – QQ is just too powerful a hand to laydown; you have a good stack size to ‘at least’ call to get more info.

Raise:
Any aggressive action from you requires a shove; you can’t ever 4bet (>50% of your stack) and fold.
Pros: You have plenty of fold equity; you will add 30% to you stack if they both fold; if you get called, you may be up against a flip, or a loose inferior pair.
Cons: if you get called, you may be facing, KK+, and end up on the rail.

Call:
You’re getting 2:1 odds that an overcard doesn’t flop. The chances of an overcard flopping (if villain has one already) is 37%, less 5% of the time you flop your set (net 32%; 2:1 odds) The best scenario is that the villains are duplicating cards! If they both have an Ace, there are only 6 overcards left in the deck, now the chances of flopping an overcard drops to 32.5% (less 5% = 27.5%).
Pros: you can get a favorable flop, with a less than 2 SPR; if you just call, it may induce the PFR to 4bet shove (light), with lots of hands that you crush!
Cons: you are vulnerable to a ‘scare card’ cbet; you may let a villain get in with a smaller pair, only to flop a set and take the hand that they may have folded on the flop, if you shoved.

I’m making a ‘condition call’ bet, and will await further info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyVictim View Post
Btw, how do I properly insert this link?? It always doubles...
Just make sure that your 'cut & paste' from the replayer tool isn't duplicated in your post.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com